What is the worst game you have ever watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

The game where Jack Newnes kicked the winning goal after the siren was so exciting for the last minute it made you forget that both sides kicked five goals each.

It was covid times but even taking that into account there were very long periods when nothing happened.

Crows vs Carlton in Adelaide this year. Still waiting for Blues to win a match at Adelaide Oval :(

From a neutral POV that first quarter from Adelaide was some of the most aesthetically pleasing footy I saw all year.

Ouch. That's not a fun watch either.
Looking back at it, that match summed up myself following Brisbane during those dark days in a nutshell.

Made it worse, when you follow the opposition team in a packed crowd of 50k+ Crows supporters ;)

2020 was an abomination, could raffle the worst matches in it. Also, The AFLX was the worst thing I've ever seen from the league, biggest cringe and embarrassment The AFL put together, they should have added in the disco break from You Don't Mess with the Zohan.

Last edited:
2 nominations... the Grand Finals involving Sydney in the late 2000's. Snooze fest - peak Longmire keepings off coaching game plan. Low scoring netball trash.

Correction.. Paul Roos keepings off plan, that Longmire and Ross Lyon then inherited!

Western Bulldogs v WCE at Marvel in the 2nd last game this year. Appallingly display of skills from Dogs. Bailey Smith kicked it over his full forwards head on 3 separate, perfect leads. Eagles were hungry, dogs just flat besides Superman… sorry Bont and we didn’t have Libba (concussion). A most unwatchable match for neutrals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 nominations... the Grand Finals involving Sydney in the late 2000's. Snooze fest - peak Longmire keepings off coaching game plan. Low scoring netball trash.

Correction.. Paul Roos keepings off plan, that Longmire and Ross Lyon then inherited!

Yeah the 2005 Grand final is my number 1. Perfect conditions for footy and atrocious lowscoring slugfest.

the Tom Hafey farewell game - tigers vs Dees.

was at the game and left me so dead inside for weeks! would have done better if we had supporters playing that day for the amount of heart shown!

Today's twilight match between Fremantle and Adelaide at Optus that saw the Dockers defeat the Crows 9.15-69 to 4.10-34 in perfect weather conditions seems to be emerging as an early contender for the worst game this year.

To quote early 2000s pop duo Daphne and Celeste - 'U G L Y, you ain't got no alibi, you're ugly!'

Today's twilight match between Fremantle and Adelaide at Optus that saw the Dockers defeat the Crows 9.15-69 to 4.10-34 in perfect weather conditions seems to be emerging as an early contender for the worst game this year.

To quote early 2000s pop duo Daphne and Celeste - 'U G L Y, you ain't got no alibi, you're ugly!'
That was absolutely shocking.

I saw that and just assumed the *en thing had to be played in a hurricane. At Waverley.

I saw that and just assumed the *en thing had to be played in a hurricane. At Waverley.

More like a night game played in Darwin on Christmas Eve 1974.

This year is only a month in and there have already been so many one sided, poor standard and low-scoring matches. As I mentioned on the game day thread, the Carlton vs. North Melbourne match played earlier today saw a one-sided match in which the Blues thrashed the Kangaroos by 56-points, but at least there was an aggregate of 33 goals with 21 to Carlton and 12 to North.

Horrible game But I will take the win.

Had it been freo 15.9.99 to crows 10.4.64 at least it would of been semi watchable

2005 GF. It was close. That was the only interesting thing. Lowest GF score ever on a perfect day.
Apparently windy, and I was an infant in 1968, but in dry conditions 7.14.56 to 8.5.53 Carlton Vs Essendon GF must have been a similar sort of game.

Not sure if I'm losing my mind or what but this season in general has been underwhelming and uninspiring. A few good games here and there but there are more teams playing poorly than there are playing well. GWS has been a clear standout for mine.

The season started way too early, and opening round sucked a lot of the energy out of the opening few rounds.

Even watching Melbourne win by 10 goals last week... Hawthorn, I've never seen a team try so hard and yet be so bad at the same time.

North v Carlton today had some heat and was relatively high scoring but it wasn't overly fun to watch. There are few matchups so far this season that I've genuinely looked forward to.

I honestly can't believe I watched as much of Freo vs Adelaide as I did. How the * do you only kick 4 goals in those conditions.

North Melbourne v St Kilda, Round 2 2018.

Both teams were on 2.10 at half time, then North randomly kicked seven goals in the last quarter to destroy the Saints by 52. It was just so weird. I fell asleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back