Entertainment & Music What old TV shows should be put back on the air today?

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how many game shows are getting mentions here!

I'm pretty sure as a kid in the mid 90's I used to get up at 6am on Saturday mornings and watch 10-year-old episodes of It's A Knockout.

How about:

Blockbusters
The Main Event
Press Your Luck
Hot Streak
Concentration
Keynotes with Richard Wilkins
Double Dare
Jeopardy

Do you want to see repeats of these shows or up to date versions?

No one wants to see Richard Wilkins. Not even his own mother

Id like to see a comedic version of Celebrity squares. Kind of like Spicks and Specks but way more random

I'm pretty sure as a kid in the mid 90's I used to get up at 6am on Saturday mornings and watch 10-year-old episodes of It's A Knockout.

Yep, closely followed by breakfast and then stand in goals in the Under 9 World Game team.

For me.....Changing Rooms ONLY if they have Suzy Wilkes hosting!

According to me Friends should be put back today. I m fan of this awesome sitcom and still like to watch Friends online for it's Hilarious stuffs. Mostly i go for it when there is nothing to watch in my other fave. running show. It's a complete package of fun and entertainment. and i m sure lot of comedy fans still like to enjoy Friends episodes. They all become so happy , if Friends will come back.

Now You See It, with Mike Meade. Weeknights at 5:30pm on Channel 7.

"Letter...... Letter......" :D

I wouldn't mind seeing some re-runs of Minder again. They don't even play it on Foxtel anymore.

I'm Alan Partridge
and Stella Street would go down well too.

Channel 10 needs to get re-runs of early Neighbours and E Street going again too. They were always good for a laugh.

I'd definitely sit through old episodes of A*Mazing and Ship to Shore too.

I love how many game shows are getting mentions here!

How about:

Blockbusters
The Main Event
Press Your Luck
Hot Streak
Concentration
Keynotes with Richard Wilkins
Double Dare
Jeopardy
this ^^

also the 80's version of the price is right, nightly from 7 :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A*Mazing - same format and everything. Make them play the Super Nintendo as well.
Round the Twist
Daria
Degrassi - with Joey, Caitlin, Snake etc. None of this Next Generation s**t.
Cheez TV reruns with Sailor Moon starting off, followed by Pokemon then finishing with DBZ.

Cheez TV reruns with Sailor Moon starting off, followed by Pokemon then finishing with DBZ.

Agro's Cartoon Connection > Cheez TV

This empassioned review (circa 1998) from a poster named 'Mola' on IMDB.com sums it up best:
Mola on IMDB.com said:
"Launched in 1989, Agro's Cartoon Connection could be considered Australia's finest moment of spontaneous television comedy. Due to the devilish nature of this children's show, it appealed to the sensibilities of 'grown-ups' in ways its target audience couldn't comprehend. Improvised humour with an adult tinge and a child-like wonder propelled this Wayne Soutar produced cartoon vehicle to immense popularity.

ACC was spearheaded by Agro, an ill-mannered, bad-tempered puppet (performed by Jamie Dunn) and assisted by talented co-hosts over the years. Anne-Marie Biggar, Michael 'Gibbo' Gibson, Ian 'Crikey the Clown' Calder, 'Ranger' Stacey Thompson, Terasa Livingstone, Holly Brisley and Bradley Hills were all irreplaceable, equally irresistible partners in crime and essential in maintaining the show's entertaining quality. Amassing 7 Logie Awards, Agro's Cartoon Connection was quite simply Australian TV's greatest vestige - a veritable fart in the face of mediocrity.

Unfortunately, broadcaster Channel 7 didn't agree and gradually cut back the show in both length and financing - leading to its eventual decay and unfortunate cancellation in late 1997. Its legacy continues however in the hearts, minds and video players of its many enthusiasts who currently cower in anticipation of Agro's inevitable return to television... "

Agro's Cartoon Connection > Cheez TV

This empassioned review (circa 1998) from a poster named 'Mola' on IMDB.com sums it up best:

Yeah.... 7 wanted to compete with 9 on weekday mornings in the late 90s, so it began to beef up their morning news/Sunrise, and out with Agro's Cartoon Connection. 9 years was a decent run though.

Agro also had their weekend show as well. It started with 'The Super Saturday Show' in the late 80s, then the show getting pushed to Sunday in 1990 to make room for 'Saturday Disney', which is now a shadow of its former self.

Agro was brilliant in the way he dipped into adult humour while it sailed right over children's heads. They should really use him again, like a sidekick on a late night talk show to expose more of his adult side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back