What players do you think will be at the Ed Sheeran show this Wednesday?

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Crouch mentioned he might head a long...

Have randomly remembered something about Ja Rule performing in a Crows Guernsey I guess almost 15 years ago, but I don't really have a point.

It defies logic that this hack is so popular - he has sold out FOUR nights at Docklands stadium - it's an indictment - personally i will profit though as I work merch at big docklands shows and people are stupid and will spend hundreds on s**t tshirts that cost $8 to make

----

From that same job I saw Ben Rutten at the Adele show and it saddened me

Me and my brother in law dropped my sister and niece at the Taylor Swift concert in Brissy a couple of years ago. We went to the pub. As we walked along passing large groups of prepubescent girls. There was also the occasional young bloke with his girlfriend with a look of “I hope no one recognises me”, on their face.
My brother is seeking refuge at my house tomorrow night as he has to drop off his wife and son at the gig.

nintchdbpict0003063126001.jpg

It defies logic that this hack is so popular - he has sold out FOUR nights at Docklands stadium - it's an indictment - personally i will profit though as I work merch at big docklands shows and people are stupid and will spend hundreds on s**t tshirts that cost $8 to make

----

From that same job I saw Ben Rutten at the Adele show and it saddened me
You may not like him but it doesn't mean he doesn't have talent.

You may not like him but it doesn't mean he doesn't have talent.

I actually think there is an argument to say that he isn't talented at all - His songs are super formulaic, he can strum some chords, but who can't? He can hold a simple tune but that's about it and his lyrics are terrible

I thought Adele was boring and her 2 hour concert sounded like a 2 hour long song (i.e, no tempo changes at all) but will readily admit that she is talented

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think there is an argument to say that he isn't talented at all - His songs are super formulaic, he can strum some chords, but who can't? He can hold a simple tune but that's about it and his lyrics are terrible

I thought Adele was boring and her 2 hour concert sounded like a 2 hour long song (i.e, no tempo changes at all) but will readily admit that she is talented

I agree in that he's not particularly outstanding at anything. His songs to me are a bit generic and boring. But he definitely knows how to write catchy songs and lyrics. He is a master at that. But like you, it doesn't appeal to me. He still has way more talent than 95% of other pop musicians

I largely agree with your posts but I couldn't disagree more on this one.

I'm no massive Sheeran fan but his ability to convey feeling and capture an audience just through a guitar and his voice is what makes him talented, much like Bob Dylan, what you do on the fretboard, how many octaves your voice can hit and even the content of your lyrics matters little if you can't put it together with feeling. I mean one bloke with a guitar selling one stadium out four times is not something that happens unless you're talented. Really though it's pointless to argue about as music is completely subjective and what's gold to you is trash to another and you are by all means entitled to your opinion, I learned you're just better off appreciating music for what it is rather than what it isn't. All music is good music to someone. :thumbsu:

Bit OTT don’t you think?

he isn't selling out Docklands Stadium four nights in a row talented

I know music is completely subjective, different horses for different courses and all that jazz - some people like lame music - I get it. I just don't understand how a quarter of a million morons from one city alone will pay hundreds to see him perform though

Glorified busker. Entertaining in a basic way worthy if giving a tenner to at the end of his set in the Mall.

But good luck to him for taking advantage of the market. A great capitalist.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back