What players do you think will be at the Ed Sheeran show this Wednesday?

Remove this Banner Ad

So the big Ed Sheeran show at AO is this coming Wednesday night and I can barely sleep because I am so excited and pumped for it.

Don't know if anybody from the club are into him - anyone expect some of the players to be there?

I've had a chat with the boys and they said they'd love to catch up with you tonight. We have organised a meeting for 7-30pm at Telstra Plaza. Please wear a bright pink onesie and a traffic cone on your head so we can see you. Looking forward to catching up.

I largely agree with your posts but I couldn't disagree more on this one.

I'm no massive Sheeran fan but his ability to convey feeling and capture an audience just through a guitar and his voice is what makes him talented, much like Bob Dylan, what you do on the fretboard, how many octaves your voice can hit and even the content of your lyrics matters little if you can't put it together with feeling. I mean one bloke with a guitar selling one stadium out four times is not something that happens unless you're talented. Really though it's pointless to argue about as music is completely subjective and what's gold to you is trash to another and you are by all means entitled to your opinion, I learned you're just better off appreciating music for what it is rather than what it isn't. All music is good music to someone. :thumbsu:

you comparing Sheeran to Dylan....??
jesus christ
the worlds gone mad.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

you comparing Sheeran to Dylan....??
jesus christ
the worlds gone mad.

No, the point I was making is that both capture their audience through their simplicity, which is their talent. Even if I did think Sheeran was better than Dylan or vice versa it'd be completely pointless to argue about anyway because it's completely subjective, music is the most pointless thing you can argue about.

No, the point I was making is that both capture their audience through their simplicity, which is their talent. Even if I did think Sheeran was better than Dylan or vice versa it'd be completely pointless to argue about anyway because it's completely subjective, music is the most pointless thing you can argue about.
Yes Ed Sheeran's songs are simplistic - he's like an ad jingle writer compared to Dylan.
There is nothing simple about Dylan's songwriting. You dont become the only songwriter in history to to be awarded a Nobel Prize for Literature by writing simple songs. Dylans talent is not in his singing performances.
I just think you picked the complete polar opposite of Sheeran to compare him to.

No, Bob Dylan is objectively better than Ed Sheeran.

Yes Ed Sheeran's songs are simplistic - he's like an ad jingle writer compared to Dylan.
There is nothing simple about Dylan's songwriting. You dont become the only songwriter in history to to be awarded a Nobel Prize for Literature by writing simple songs. Dylans talent is not in his singing performances.
I just think you picked the complete polar opposite of Sheeran to compare him to.

The only thing I've compared is their ability to create music that is hugely popular while being relatively conventional which it most definitely is, Dylan is a folk and early rock musician for gods sake, genres known for being generally easy to play. The obvious dissimilarity being that Dylan is the single greatest lyricist in modern music while Sheeran is much much less complex.

The point is that both of their talent lies in their songwriting ability (Dylan to a much greater degree obviously but the point still stands), not their technical ability, if you look back in my first post 'much like Bob Dylan, what you do on the fretboard, how many octaves your voice can hit and even the content of your lyrics matters little if you can't put it together with feeling' I actually said this already. I never compared them as though they have or should have the same standing in music today. But again, this is entirely pointless as you don't like Sheeran at all so of course you're not going to see it that way as you don't think he's a talented songwriter to begin with, and that's okay cause that's just the way you see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a chat with the boys and they said they'd love to catch up with you tonight. We have organised a meeting for 7-30pm at Telstra Plaza. Please wear a bright pink onesie and a traffic cone on your head so we can see you. Looking forward to catching up.

I had a super-duper time at the show last night but I will write a full report later today. I stayed up all night because I was so amped and Mum is yelling at me to go to bed now so I don't have the time to write a full gig report.

FYI, I would never wear a pink onesie!! I wore my Simpsons 'Eat My Shorts' shirt and my Triple JJJ mesh cap last night

I was standing at the back and couldnt see s**t, it sounded great would have been nice to have a big screen that just showed Ed and what he was doing.... he was clearly drunk or high during the concert too.

Took over an hour to get out of the car park, traffic was nuts!!

Well I thought it was a magical night and I had a marvellous time. I remember going to see my first gig as an 18 year old when Dire Straits played at Football Park but last night topped that experience.

Ed is a virtuoso on that guitar and he really makes it talk. My favourites of the night were 'Shape of You', 'Photograph' and 'Galway Girl' - my mates and I had our phone torches swaying above our heads and we were singing along going crazy. My mates and I were pretty tired by the end because we had a sleepover the night before at my place and we stayed up all night playing video games, eating snacks, watching my Simpsons and Star Wars boxsets and drinking cokes and debating what artists should have been in the Triple J Hottest 100.

I didn't see any of our lads there but when I was waiting out front of the Oval for my mum to pick me up I saw a couple of Port flogs wearing Power polo shirts.

I'm saving up all my pocket money for the Vance Joy showing coming up and my mates and I will have lots and lots and lots of fun at that show I'm sure.

Well I thought it was a magical night and I had a marvellous time. I remember going to see my first gig as an 18 year old when Dire Straits played at Football Park but last night topped that experience.

Ed is a virtuoso on that guitar and he really makes it talk. My favourites of the night were 'Shape of You', 'Photograph' and 'Galway Girl' - my mates and I had our phone torches swaying above our heads and we were singing along going crazy. My mates and I were pretty tired by the end because we had a sleepover the night before at my place and we stayed up all night playing video games, eating snacks, watching my Simpsons and Star Wars boxsets and drinking cokes and debating what artists should have been in the Triple J Hottest 100.

I didn't see any of our lads there but when I was waiting out front of the Oval for my mum to pick me up I saw a couple of Port flogs wearing Power polo shirts.

I'm saving up all my pocket money for the Vance Joy showing coming up and my mates and I will have lots and lots and lots of fun at that show I'm sure.
You really should listen to Mum when she’s says it’s bedtime. You keep playing up with those boys and Mum won’t give you any special treats for your next sleepover

Well played sir.

On the other hand, if this is not a troll, oh dear...

Well played sir.

On the other hand, if this is not a troll, oh dear...

Make fun all you want, I get it. Even the boys at the primary school I volunteer at make fun of me. I know good music when I hear it, and Tex, Sloaney and Fages were all there on Wednesday night so I think that speak for itself

You really should listen to Mum when she’s says it’s bedtime. You keep playing up with those boys and Mum won’t give you any special treats for your next sleepover

Remove this Banner Ad

Back