What the * is wrong with kids???

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I know, one big problem with dealing with it is lack of sleep (for the parents). One of my mates, who had 2 kids a couple of years apart, reckons he didn't have a proper night's sleep for about 5 years.
My brother and I are 14 months apart and my folks had no family in this country to help them out, they did it bloody tough for a couple of years.

Just the thread I need with my wife 24 weeks pregnant
16 weeks of sleep left.
Tick tick tick.
As far as I know, one big problem with dealing with it is lack of sleep (for the parents). One of my mates, who had 2 kids a couple of years apart, reckons he didn't have a proper night's sleep for about 5 years.
Yep.
My little chap woke up at 3am the other night and decided hed had enough sleep so Mum and Dad must have as well.

Trots into our bedroom, sits on his Mums head then pries my eyes open and shines a torch in my face.
This admittedly only happens sometimes- normally he just drags the doona off me and wacks me with whatever toy he has handy till I get up.

dKuckvs.gif

Depends on the kid. My one year old sleeps through the night (11 or so hours straight) probably 5/7 nights, but I have a friend whose 15 month old has never slept through, not even once.

Depends on the kid. My one year old sleeps through the night (11 or so hours straight) probably 5/7 nights, but I have a friend whose 15 month old has never slept through, not even once.
I was a non sleeper, if it's brought up these days I blame being born with a chronic nicotine addiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.
Trots into our bedroom, sits on his Mums head then pries my eyes open and shines a torch in my face..

Oh, that sounds like something i have done in the past to my old man.
Not so much the sitting on mums head part though. We think alike

Wait edit: when i was younger mind you im in my mid 20's nowadays

Last edited:
R.e. sleep, what my mother did when my sister and I were babies was, when we were both sleeping, she would do some vacuuming to introduce us to and to get us used to the idea of sleeping through loud noises.

I have seen a mum pushing a pram with her baby in it sleeping. She had a radio playing 'white noíse' pretty loud. One of the weirdest things ive seen (by white noise - I mean the noise a radio makes when not tuned to radio station)

I get people struggle to get kids to sleep or eat certain foods, but these type of solutions wont help in the long run. Its like friends of mine who had kids who wouldn't eat most foods so in the end they gave them foods they wanted (hot chips or no veggies etc) - surprise, surprise - now they are 6 and 7 yrs old and are still fussy eaters - barely eat anything. Just doesn't pay off in the long run

I have seen a mum pushing a pram with her baby in it sleeping. She had a radio playing 'white noíse' pretty loud. One of the weirdest things ive seen (by white noise - I mean the noise a radio makes when not tuned to radio station)

I get people struggle to get kids to sleep or eat certain foods, but these type of solutions wont help in the long run. Its like friends of mine who had kids who wouldn't eat most foods so in the end they gave them foods they wanted (hot chips or no veggies etc) - surprise, surprise - now they are 6 and 7 yrs old and are still fussy eaters - barely eat anything. Just doesn't pay off in the long run
White noise worked really well when my baby was a newborn actually, and we weaned him off it with no trouble at all when he was about 5 months old.

Me- "Ok Wonka jnr, Dads off to work".

Wonka jnr- (sobbing and holding the door closed) "Noooooooooooooo, nooooooooo, nooooooooo!"

Me (very touched)- "Awww sorry little man, do you miss Dad when hes at work?"

Wonka jnr- "No"

Me- (slightly deflated)- "Oh I see, so you just want Dad to play with you."

Wonka jnr- "No"

Me- (Confused) "So what do you want Dad for???"

Wonka jnr- "ICE CREAM!"

Me- (understanding) "So you want Dad to stay home just cause you know Mum wont give you icecream?"

Wonka jnr- "Yeah"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back