What to do with Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not being rested ... he’s being flogged on the training track to regain his general conditioning and fitness ...he’s at about 90% now... another week of gut running and in the gym and mountains of ball handling will give the edge he needs I think
How many times did Cyril play at 80% fitness. It comes down to, do we want to win or not .

How many times did Cyril play at 80% fitness. It comes down to, do we want to win or not .
True.... I think he should play and allow him to find his feet ... but as he says ... he understands why he’s not playing... and others proberbky deserve the spot because they had a really good preseason ... humble kid... as we speak he’s at the Holden centre doing a massive session on his own to condition his self ... he be back next week

Not sure Cyril was risked early rounds at 80%.
On recollection, the “risk” with playing underdone Cyril was late in the season and finals.

We have 2 match winners at Collingwood, Stephenson is one of them. This is not the time to rest him.

We have 22 match winners. Stevo just isn't one of them this week. Let the kid build and he will back soon enough I would imagine. Good for the kid to also feel the disappointment and no doubt will fuel the fire in his belly.

Also not sure you would want to over expose a kid of the chance of Corona when he's recently recovered from glandular fever. I have no medical knowledge but seems like common sense to me.

Let's cut him some slack.
Anyone who has had glandular fever knows it knocks you around.
He will be fine. No need for concern.

Took Pendles half a Season to get over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not a pessimist. I agree with you about a lot of people on the board. I'm not one of them.

I heard, from a personal, reliable source, a story I did not enjoy hearing about Jaidyn in January. No, I'm not sharing the story. It's hearsay and not likely helpful.

He was pulled out of a practice game for 'personal reasons'. It reminded me of the last time a player was pulled out of the side for personal reasons.

When he played the second Marsh game I was very relieved.

But now he is out of the side again and if it's a hand injury then why was he named an emergency? If it's fitness then why not just say that?

The next time he takes the field, I'll be relieved again.

In the meantime I am worried

I am not a pessimist. I agree with you about a lot of people on the board. I'm not one of them.

I heard, from a personal, reliable source, a story I did not enjoy hearing about Jaidyn in January. No, I'm not sharing the story. It's hearsay and not likely helpful.

He was pulled out of a practice game for 'personal reasons'. It reminded me of the last time a player was pulled out of the side for personal reasons.

But now he is out of the side again and if it's a hand injury then why was he named an emergency? If it's fitness then why not just say that?

We are pretty lucky on here to have a bloke like Scotty that posts about Stevo. If he says it’s fitness and he’s going to work his butt off to get back into the side, I believe him.

Comparing him to Sam Murray....??

Great

I know the personal reasons which I won’t share and his hand is Not the reason he is out ... the reason is because he didn’t train for a while with the glandular fever and he just lacks fitness and conditioning .. he hasn’t trained enough ... so there managing him and have him on a program to regain his fitness and conditioning .. it ain’t an easy one either ... if you heard any thing un towards about him and can pretty well assure you you have been
Misinformed ... His absence are genuine reasons and yes we all have personal lives mate ...

People love to be pessimists on this board

Maynard had apparently gone backwards in the Marsh games

Grundy wasnt worth the dollars he is on

Callum Browns a spud

Cox is finished

Thats big footy for ya
Social media (of which BF is part thereof) often gives voice to the pessimist with abandon.

Im yet to be convinced that much of social media, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Cheers champ... :)
I would assume that like most people he is struggling to overcome glandular fever. The lethargy can last for many, many months. And as another poster said- Thanks for the posts. Love to watch Jaidyn do his stuff. Where does he see himself going forward- forward?, midfield?

He loves it up forward ... loves kicking goals ... personally I think he’s a naturals forward but can be used in the midfield occasionally ... he was to dangerous up forward to not have him there permanently
I would assume that like most people he is struggling to overcome glandular fever. The lethargy can last for many, many months. And as another poster said- Thanks for the posts. Love to watch Jaidyn do his stuff. Where does he see himself going forward- forward?, midfield?

Yeah, cheers for that Scottie.

He's my son's favourite player - has been since about his third or fourth game.

It'll be great to see him back out there
Jaidyn would love hearing he’s someone’s favourite player ... after this stuff over he will be up and going and hopefully can make a difference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back