Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining was a classic horror.

Speaking of classic horrors what do people think of ‘79 Herzog version of Nosfreatu the Vampyre? I rate it the best vampire movie ever and Klaus Kinski the best and scariest ever. Just tension throughout and Kinski gives a feel of the isolation (desolation) of the vampire. Brilliant

Shining was a classic horror.

Speaking of classic horrors what do people think of ‘79 Herzog version of Nosfreatu the Vampyre? I rate it the best vampire movie ever and Klaus Kinski the best and scariest ever. Just tension throughout and Kinski gives a feel of the isolation (desolation) of the vampire. Brilliant
I’ve seen it, and it’s very good, but I think it suffered from the fact I saw the original silent version first.

I’ve seen it, and it’s very good, but I think it suffered from the fact I saw the original silent version first.
Really? I enjoyed both for what they were. Amazing for a silent movie and made nearly 100 years ago. That scene where he came into her room the first time and his shadow on her bed head. The ship just floating in in both movies so well done

The Herzog version is a great film. I just always struggle to watch a remake without comparing it to the original, and the closer the former is to the latter the more the differences annoy me.

I’m the same with adaptions of books I like.

The Nest

Carrie Coon deserves best actress for her performance
I just watched it without knowing what it was about. It was really good and yes Carrie Coon was brilliant, but she did something that really annoys me and that is not smoke like a smoker. She had the worst technique i have ever seen and you know she doesn't smoke in real life.

The Hunt - briefly enjoyable satirical swipe at stereotypes of politically tribal America but that gets old pretty quick (almost like it was trying to capture what Get Out succeeded with in some sense). The kick ass lead carried the film way more than needed to - everyone else in the film was just fodder. 5.5/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rambo, First Blood

Forgot this movie actually had a plot, a story with several scenes shirtless oiled up muscle men with big guns.

Always wanted to know just how much input James Cameron had in it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Had a super lazy movie day yesterday and did a truly weird mix of films

Wild Child - The Emma Roberts coming of age in a uk hoarding school trope. It’s actually pretty funny but has some awful cringed moments. 6/10

Palm Springs - really good, quite funny, good leads and chemistry. 8/10

Love and Other Drugs - love this pseudo rom-com it’s one of the few that doesn’t lose much when it turns from comedy to the chase. Jake and Anne have great chemistry. 8/10

Captain America: The First Avenger - i still love this movie but having seen it so many times I notice more of the flaws now (the third act is pretty flat and his heroic sacrifice is totally non sensical). Still love it 8/10

Just Mercy - if you read the story without knowing it was a true one you’d laugh at how stupidly evil and racist is makes the south and the justice system in the US look. An incredible story of an incredible man. 9/10

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen (2011)

The cast was great and I liked the concept, but I found it pretty difficult to get through. Didn't really connect with the characters or the story. Someone told me afterwards that it was based on a novel written as a succession of letters, and I wonder if that had something to do with it. I suspect the story would have resonated with me a bit more if I'd been seeing events exclusively from one person's perspective at a time.

U571.

Great WWII action movie if you can enjoy it with a bucket of popcorn.

Suspend facts & belief and this is a good watch.

Bill Paxton, Harvey Kietel & Matthew McConaughey showing how democracy won the war in the Atlantic. 👍👍

Costume design is really cool tho.

7/10 for what it does.

Mate you forgot Bon Jovi - how did he not win an Oscar!!!!

Trial of the Chicago 7.

Outstanding.

Watched this last night - good film - the actor who played the judge was outstanding - I basically wanted to throw my remote at the TV every time the ******** came on the screen.

I just cant do that when doing a movie marathon- i need to watch similar genres eg. A double of SOTL and seven. Or Ferris and Breakfast club.

Im weird.

I watched Breakfast Club for the first time earlier this year - has it aged badly? Because i totally did not get the hype. Totally would the goth girl though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back