Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy CHiPs too, was just good fun, formulaic and lots of action. You knew what you were getting and cheered on the good guys.
Not touching that movie.
Just like the A-Team, Airwolf , Dukes of hazard, Knight Rider all the same premise and enjoyable

I wasnt going anywhere near it aswell

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some movies I've watched recently:

The Void (2016) - Gory, sci-fi/horror movie. Not bad at all. Great special effects, fast moving plot, not too predictable. Could've done with some slightly better acting from the leads though. Horror fans should check it out. 6.5/10

Elle (2016) - French crime/thriller from Paul Verhoeven. About a businesswoman who's raped who then tracks down the perpetrator. Well made movie with great acting from Isabelle Huppert. Little on the slow side at times, it's quite dark at times so the black comedy helps lighten proceedings a touch. 7/10

M (1931)
- German thriller that stands the test of time. Been meaning to watch some Fritz Lang movies from a while now. This was a surprisingly dark and gritty movie. About a child murderer whom the police can't catch so some criminals decide to track him down. Good acting, especially from Peter Lorre. It's amazing how little of this film has dated. 9/10

Grave of the Fireflies (1988) - First anime movie I've watched. Quite good, I especially liked the early wartime scenes. Certainly a sad movie could've had a few more uplifting moments before the inevitable sad ending. Still I liked this and I'll definitely check out some other anime classics. 7.5/10

The Raid 2 (2014)
- Loved the original and this is more of the same. The plot is a lot more expansive this time so the action takes place all over the city. Plot was good if not entirely original but who cares when the action scenes are so good. Stunning fight scenes (especially the final fight), shoot outs, cool weapons and an awesome car chase. Anyone who likes action movies needs to see these movies, it's as simple as that. 8/10

Blade Runner 2049 - Just epic and brilliant. Gos doing his best Gos part, Anna De Armas, Robin Wright and Sylvia Hoeks are all wonderful in their respective roles as well and Harrisons return as Deckard is great, throw in a creepy blind Jared Leto and you have a sensational cast all perfectly cast but this film is all about the visual and score making you feel all the things the score will genuinely bounce your bones even after you leave the cinema and the visuals will stick in your brain and have you questioning so much of it for ages.

I loved the original, every version of it ive seen, first film that made me realise stories could be told with no words, this is a worthy and wonderful follow up.
9.5/10

Gerald's Game

Adaption of the Stephen King novel. Pretty good. The most impressive part is how in shape Bruce Greenwood is for a 60 yr old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Meyerowitz Stories

Not a huge fan of Baumbach sans Gerwig but this is impeccable. He wrangles one of those rare dramatic performances from Adam Sandler that makes you both drop in awe at how good he can be and depressed at how much talent he is potentially wasting with all his other films. Ben Stiller is in career-best form too, even though this kind of role is more within his wheelhouse and isn't anything new for him.

Recently had a trip to the US so had a chance to watch a few movies on the plane....

We Need to Talk About Kevin - 7/10
The Guard 8/10
The Help 9/10
Berlin Syndrome 5/10
The Trip to Spain 6/10
The Lost City of Z 7/10
Mountain 5/10

Thoughts on kevin? Imo brutal and frustrating. Some scenes made me physically sick ie. Him biting his fingernails.

'Happy Death Day'.

Enjoyed it despite having the killer spoiled thanks to my silly self for even glancing at Facebook comments before seeing it.

I thought the concept was interesting although it's apparently really similar to another movie called 'Before I Fall' which I have not seen.

'Happy Death Day'.

Enjoyed it despite having the killer spoiled thanks to my silly self for even glancing at Facebook comments before seeing it.

I thought the concept was interesting although it's apparently really similar to another movie called 'Before I Fall' which I have not seen.

Ive read before i fall (great book) and yup thought of it when i saw the trailer for this. Bif was a lot more serious tho- didnt have the humor element

I've heard similar things, and also apparently the 3rd one is pretty sickening too.

I flat out refuse to watch any of them.

im the same, will not watch them, used to have a workmate that would try and get me to watch the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back