Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

Ant Man and then Ant Man and The Wasp - Disney+

Figured I would do a rewatch of the 2 movies before watching Quantamania

In my old age I sometimes get Paul Rudd and Ryan Reynolds mixed up. Both have that break the wall moment and both are quick with the one liners.

Once I switched brain on and worked out who was who I turned it off again and enjoyed both movies. The origin movie was fun as was the 2nd one - even if a bit darker than the 1st.

Run times were good and the supporting cast did their jobs.

Both get a 7.5/10

Sniper 1 & 2
Enemy at the Gates
Shooter
The Wall
Wanted
Jarhead
The Jackal
Dirty Harry
oh man yeah Dirty Harry would be the classic sniper movie wouldn't it

Is sniper movies really a genre? Only sniper movie I've seen is American Sniper which I could take or leave. Are there others worth seeing?
There is a Mark Wahlberg one which is fine called Shooter.

Asked to plan how HE would assassinate the President he gets into a chase for his life.

His last movie Possessor was hectic. Good, but hectic. The talent is there though and Mia Goth makes this a must watch.

The new David Cronenberg movie with Viggo Moternsen and Kristen Stewart just dropped on Stan too.
yeah saw that one Crimes of the Future...another weird movie...some good imagery and out there stuff tho. I liked Kristen Stewart's fake
stuttering character

The movie was somewhat disappointing. I thought the plot was extremely flimsy that really didn't deliver much at all. There were some badass moments between Willis and Baldwin but that was about it. I was most disappointed by the stereotypical portrayal of autism in media.

I feel as if nothing really connected.

I gave it 6/10 because I was feeling generous

Next movie: Armageddon

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The movie was somewhat disappointing. I thought the plot was extremely flimsy that really didn't deliver much at all. There were some badass moments between Willis and Baldwin but that was about it. I was most disappointed by the stereotypical portrayal of autism in media.

I feel as if nothing really connected.

I gave it 6/10 because I was feeling generous

Next movie: Armageddon
Mercury Rising is amazing...

But seriously, it's of it's time but I think it's fun. The low functioning representation is pretty good for it's era and the performance from Miko Hughes is great for a kid, I don't think it's at all flippant, but just rather telling a bigger story with a character that's autistic, rather than a biopic-esque story of an autistic person like Rain Man or I am Sam.

and who could forget Assassins with Sly and Antonio
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

ANT MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA

Some folks will like this movie and some won't (for the lack of action) - I think it's a great bridging movie with some spectacular scenery, visuals and cinematography for the start of the next chapter of the MCU and I would happily marry Evangeline Lilly who is only a couple of years younger than me.

The Whale - Should have been more prepared for how unpleasant this was going to be at times, given who directed it. Largely have enjoyed Aronofsky's work and the Brendan Fraser comeback is deserved. But man, I'm struggling with this one. 6/10

Close - The first 45 minutes of this are breathtakingly beautiful. Jaw dropping kinda stuff from the two lead performances...a coming of age story centered around two young boys. When the film shifts it follows a more familiar pattern, effective at times but doesn't come close to recapturing the magic of the first half. 8/10 (10/10 for the first half)

Infinity Pool - I'm enjoying Skarsgard being up for just about anything. The White Lotus but make it psychedelic body horror. Mia Goth is just on a ******* tear, no one doing it like her. 7.5/10

Finally got round to watching All quiet on the western front and boy was it brutal, terrific cinematography, count my lucky stars i wasn't born in that era
I watched this 2 days ago. What normal people went through for a political belief. 😢

Then you see WWII movies of our ancestors fighting tyranny so we can live in a free democracy.

And then we look at the state of the world today…

What a pointless sacrifice of life that no one today even knows about it or just doesn’t GAF about. 😢🤦🏻‍♂️

WWII cost at least 60,000,000 lives but looking at todays general population you almost wish we didn’t fight back at all and possibly saved a good % of that 60,000,000.

I mean it’s not like people are grateful at all these days.

Some folks will like this movie and some won't (for the lack of action) - I think it's a great bridging movie with some spectacular scenery, visuals and cinematography for the start of the next chapter of the MCU and I would happily marry Evangeline Lilly who is only a couple of years younger than me.
She's been accused of anti vaxx and covid denial

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Saw this last night. One of the better recent Marvel offerings but that’s a low bar as the studio seems to be going for quantity over quality.

They’re in the same phase Disney animation was in the 60s and 70s.

6/10

BLACK PHONE - Saw it on Netflix based on a recommendation, I thought it was good, the pace and flow were good but I was expecting a few more twists and turns.

Anyway pretty late to the party on this one 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back