Where’s the love for GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like them but it's still a blight on the competition to see their 15 % full stadium hopefully they don't get a home final
That would be 85% empty wouldn't it? Brought into the comp to annex Western Sydney for the AFL, but doesn't appear to have made any progress there

That would be 85% empty wouldn't it? Brought into the comp to annex Western Sydney for the AFL, but doesn't appear to have made any progress there
Not on a visible level but I can assure you it has.

I live in Bathurst two and a half hours west. There’s a small but long standing afl comp out this way. Within a year of the Giants inception there was a junior club established here to compete with the existing club, that has since morphed into a competitive senior club with both Men’s and women’s teams. There are a few other giants clubs around the state too I think

Not on a visible level but I can assure you it has.

I live in Bathurst two and a half hours west. There’s a small but long standing afl comp out this way. Within a year of the Giants inception there was a junior club established here to compete with the existing club, that has since morphed into a competitive senior club with both Men’s and women’s teams. There are a few other giants clubs around the state too I think

Are they having the same slowly but surely success around the heavily populated areas of western sydney too you think,? or you aren't aware. I'm talking Parramatta and the likes.

Are they having the same slowly but surely success around the heavily populated areas of western sydney too you think,? or you aren't aware. I'm talking Parramatta and the likes.

Honestly couldn’t tell you with any detail but they definitely have a bit of a presence, I don’t go to Sydney a lot and don’t really even have a lot of people I interact with there regularly but there’s an imprint there for sure.

We’ve had a bit of luck lately. That’s all. A long way off the top teams.
I don’t reckon it’s luck. You guys have earned where you’re at.

If anything, you probably had luck go against you in earlier games. Giants could’ve easily been sitting in 6th otherwise.

I see the Giants ending up on 13-14 wins which gets you into finals.

That’s a fair effort by Kingsley IMO.

Gotta love the ******* blues fans back talking smack after a few wins
To be fair one might wonder why this thread but no "Where's the love for the Blues" thread after 4 on the trot by 50+ 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the Giants, they’re playing great footy and Greene is my favourite non Carlton player by the length of the Flemington straight but they’re in direct competition with us and we’re playing them again so I’m hoping they drop off.

But it’s unlikely, they’ve fully adjusted to Kingsley’s game-plan now, they have a rock solid defence, dynamic midfield and Greene in the forward 50 along with playing a tough, uncompromising brand of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back