Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

A number of people happy to tip Chats to beat Winx today. Odd

Legit mongs who should have their accounts immediately closed and their punting licenses revoked.

i think its a fairly common idea that she doesn't like the wet, but i wouldn't read too much into the flucs yet. market said she would underperform last week (i'm assuming because of the heavy second up even before that run)with Hartnell firming against her late (the important stuff) which as i said is unheard of for her last... well since gust of wind. normally at this time of morning Hartnell tightens before blowing out late except last week he tightened further. i probably have her in the $1.28 to $1.40 realm. as i have said she is vulnerable in the wet when she's not fully wound up.

Lol why would you even look at the market in a case like this - it tells you nothing unless she completely blew out to something like $1.80 - $2.00. She was never vulnerable and once again when it comes to anything Winx related your pricing was horribly wrong. Perhaps best to stop rating her races and just sit back and enjoy the show.

You just had some random theory re: Hartnell drifting against her which was just a random myth that was immediately disproven last time out when he went awful.

134 timeform. surprised how many are saying that was her best win.

suppose they're forced to given the hard on they have for Le Romain.

Has just annihilated the worlds best sprinter who was a YUUUUUUUUUGE threat going into the race.

Seriously though - 7 length G1 win hard held where the second and third faves ran 2/3 having finished 1-2 in a WFA G1 prior is always going to have timeform heading to fap city.

Has just annihilated the worlds best sprinter who was a YUUUUUUUUUGE threat going into the race.

Seriously though - 7 length G1 win hard held where the second and third faves ran 2/3 having finished 1-2 in a WFA G1 prior is always going to have timeform heading to fap city.
yeah they say their time ratings say she peaked for them too. personally just on the look of the race thought she would be be 1-3L behind her CP but she's getting better which is scary.

What's she going to have to do in the QE for it to be her best, when we know nothing is going to challenge her? Wet track and putting 5L on Our Ivanhoe?

Respect to all the connections for running her on that track.
Plenty of trainers would of Cotten wooled her in that mud.

Providing normal services in the QE in a few weeks surely they have to think long and hard about taking her to Ascot.

Almost 0% chance of them going to Ascot this year. Would be at the end of a long prep and also cause problems for planning for a 3rd Cox Plate in the Spring. If she holds her form for 12 months then next year is when she might go there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's she going to have to do in the QE for it to be her best, when we know nothing is going to challenge her? Wet track and putting 5L on Our Ivanhoe?

Lol wut? When did this volatile camel become the benchmark. Hartnell beat him 10 in the Turnbull last year.

I think to go to a peak with ratings experts she'd have to win by 7+ with Hartnell running a clear second (say a further 3 lengths back to third).

Lol wut? When did this volatile camel become the benchmark. Hartnell beat him 10 in the Turnbull last year.

I think to go to a peak with ratings experts she'd have to win by 7+ with Hartnell running a clear second (say a further 3 lengths back to third).

yeah when ever did Ivanhowe the 4x g1 winner overtake horses like the united states and Jameka. nah he's going good finally got to see him injury free and on the wet and destroys a g1 field. times made the 3yo's look like ponies.

as long as it is good enough field it looks like she will pull her way there anyway it's about time a Jameka or similar type try and steal it out in front by skipping away.

yeah when ever did Ivanhowe the 4x g1 winner overtake horses like the united states and Jameka. nah he's going good finally got to see him injury free and on the wet and destroys a g1 field. times made the 3yo's look like ponies.

as long as it is good enough field it looks like she will pull her way there anyway it's about time a Jameka or similar type try and steal it out in front by skipping away.

#noexcuses

Was smashed by Hartnell in the Spring who is rightly rated a higher horse and is the TRUE benchmark.

Winx beating OI only 5 on a bog would be a regression from her Ryder win.

#noexcuses

Was smashed by Hartnell in the Spring who is rightly rated a higher horse and is the TRUE benchmark.

Winx beating OI only 5 on a bog would be a regression from her Ryder win.

just so we are clear the same Hartnell that got steam rolled by 3.5L on the weekend by the horse in question?

edit* i should also add Ivanhowe currently rated 116, Hartnell 115.

just so we are clear the same Hartnell that got steam rolled by 3.5L on the weekend by the horse in question?

edit* i should also add Ivanhowe currently rated 116, Hartnell 115.

Timeform Hartnell 128; OI 123

The same OI who was smashed 10 lengths in Dry in the spring. Hence the relative prices on the day.

Dry form more reliable than wet form any day of the week unless you think Van Der Hum is the greatest 2 miler in Australasian history.

Timeform Hartnell 128; OI 123

The same OI who was smashed 10 lengths in Dry in the spring. Hence the relative prices on the day.

Dry form more reliable than wet form any day of the week unless you think Van Der Hum is the greatest 2 miler in Australasian history.

can't believe timeform rated him equivalent to Gingernuts. gave him 9L headstart to the 600 and beat him by 5L on times. just stupidity. i would say it's also not the same Ivanhowe from the spring and equally it's not the same Hartnell which i guess is why i got double figures about the best horse in the race on the H10.

recent form = relevant form.

can't believe timeform rated him equivalent to Gingernuts. gave him 9L headstart to the 600 and beat him by 5L on times. just stupidity. i would say it's also not the same Ivanhowe from the spring and equally it's not the same Hartnell which i guess is why i got double figures about the best horse in the race on the H10.

Put it this way - if they met on a track that was not a bog and Hartnell got weight from OI at even money and you wanted to back OI you should be committed.

Hartnell is clearly the better horse on reasonable tracks. OI is a better mudder but the best horse is Hartnell.

You are forgetting timeform are still on the 3yo hype train. They have Flying Artie two pounds superior to Le Romain FFS

Put it this way - if they met on a track that was not a bog and Hartnell got weight from OI at even money and you wanted to back OI you should be committed.

Hartnell is clearly the better horse on reasonable tracks. OI is a better mudder but the best horse is Hartnell.

you're right Hartnell would need a bit of weight advantage in current form.

Perception. Smashed Winx's "great rival" in the heavy and if it is a slop again there will no doubt be pundits pointing to him as the conqueror. I agree that a clear win over Hartnell on a fair track is what is actually going to be the most impressive, but as we've seen all Autumn, people are looking for anything they can to get her beat.

Perception. Smashed Winx's "great rival" in the heavy and if it is a slop again there will no doubt be pundits pointing to him as the conqueror. I agree that a clear win over Hartnell on a fair track is what is actually going to be the most impressive, but as we've seen all Autumn, people are looking for anything they can to get her beat.

Lol if people are thinking Our Ivancat can beat Winx they shouldn't ever watch another race.

Just more and more boy cried wolf stuff from people looking to claim hero status if she ever actually get beat. In reality all they are doing is burning the little respect they have left.

Lol if people are thinking Our Ivancat can beat Winx they shouldn't ever watch another race.

Just more and more boy cried wolf stuff from people looking to claim hero status if she ever actually get beat. In reality all they are doing is burning the little respect they have left.
I'm definitely not referring to ratings experts here, as they obviously should know better. I am referring to the types you mention; and them seeing Our Ivanhoe burn off Hartnell will almost certainly see some wild calls being made. Also, the 5L was me being conservative, I meant absolutely blowing him away, which she would do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back