Where would the Eagles be if they listened to the people on Bigfooty?

Remove this Banner Ad

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting hypothetical...where would the eagles be if they listened to us?

I dont post much but I read ALOT on here. So many suggestions over the years I have agreed/disagreed with on here that the staff have not necessarily followed.

Here are some random recent suggestions bigfooty supporters have made:

-Nic Nat dropped due to injury/out of form
-Kennedy out of form, needs to go back to reserve level
-Priddis...
-The sub role and how we use it (it sucks)
-Our midfield full of hacks
-Cox past it
-Glass past it
-Structures and game plan (banging on the boot in particular)

Feel free to add any more...and discuss!

Would have changed the philosophy of "bomb it in long at any cost" some 12 years ago. Something that is now ingrained into our DNA now.

Would have won us the game today playing differently.

Touche

depending on which bigfooty people and opinions they listened to -the eagles would be in Graylands mental institution.
more pertinent is where would bigfooty people be without the eagles?

it would be an inconsistent rabble, changing coaches and players every season. no player would want to come to west coast, because no-one is given a chance. moral and confidence would be low. reputation bad. disgruntled fans leaving in droves. stocks would plummet. players paying their own airfares to matches. staff resign. pigeonshit on the stadium seating. then before you know it bang! - earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions and the dinosaurs and cavemen return. de-evolution....but bigfooty people would be happy.

Well if you listened to the collective NN would be traded or re-signed for 10 years ...

Woosha would be coach for life or sacked after 2010...

Priddis would be our starting mid in a poor midfield and we'd be perennially mediocre or he'd be winning Sandovers at Subi ...

It's an opinion site, you'll get lots of opinions. Only some of them have any merit ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would definitely be interesting.

I have always been annoyed at how we use the substitute role in our squad. We always seem to give it to endurance players or players that arent high impact (Hutchings, Sheed, last year Dalziell as a few examples).

The three talls thing really pissed me off as well, we looked slow as * when we had them in and it took an eternity for Simpson to realise it wasnt working.

It would definitely be interesting.

I have always been annoyed at how we use the substitute role in our squad. We always seem to give it to endurance players or players that arent high impact (Hutchings, Sheed, last year Dalziell as a few examples).

The three talls thing really pissed me off as well, we looked slow as **** when we had them in and it took an eternity for Simpson to realise it wasnt working.

It took an eternity? Really?

You realise Woosh did this since about 2003 right?

It arguably cost us the 2005 GF ...

And Simpson does it for 7 or 8 games while trying to get a pre-season on the fly into NN and that's an eternity?

-Kennedy out of form, needs to go back to reserve level
-Priddis...
-Our midfield full of hacks

These are true though.

1. How many marks did Kennedy drop yesterday? I counted at least 8. Not to mention his kicking this year was below 50% until the GWS game. He needs to go back to the reserves for a week to get learn to make and come back full of the confidence he had last year. Last year he was the best forward in the competition, this year, this year I wouldn't have him in the top 10. Darling has overtaken him.

2. Priddis has been a liability for most of his career playing as the number 1 midfielder. But yesterday he played the way most of BigFooty has been asking him too and he was BOG and took us all the way to the end of the game with us nearly winning. If he plays like that every week then he'd be elite and we'd be in the top 6.

3. Our midfield is s**t. Priddis, Shuey and Scooter are our main mids. They'd be second rate at any other team or rated as B grade mids. Then our second tier is Masten, Wellingham and Gaff. Apart from Masten, they'd be C grade mids, hell Wellingham was a C grade mid at Collingwood. Then our third tier of Hutchings, Sheppard and Dom Sheed wouldn't get a game at any other club. To be fair to Sheppard(he was drafted as a mid remember) he has now found his place in the backline and has been excellent but is not the mid we drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They kind of are. Nowhere near our best performers this year, inconsistent in one on ones and haven't used the ball well at all.

Cox is.

I thought they ran off him enormously whenever he rested forward. Especially when he lead out and got near the 50m and then didn't mark it. It's happened a lot this year. He also isn't close to the around the ground accumulator on the spread that he once was.

Glass is interesting. One on one defence is not great anymore but his positioning and calm demeanour tend to still have a positive effect I reckon.

It would be an interesting experiment to run a football club as a democracy where all the supporters get to vote on each decision.

These are true though.

1. How many marks did Kennedy drop yesterday? I counted at least 8. Not to mention his kicking this year was below 50% until the GWS game. He needs to go back to the reserves for a week to get learn to make and come back full of the confidence he had last year. Last year he was the best forward in the competition, this year, this year I wouldn't have him in the top 10. Darling has overtaken him.

2. Priddis has been a liability for most of his career playing as the number 1 midfielder. But yesterday he played the way most of BigFooty has been asking him too and he was BOG and took us all the way to the end of the game with us nearly winning. If he plays like that every week then he'd be elite and we'd be in the top 6.

3. Our midfield is s**t. Priddis, Shuey and Scooter are our main mids. They'd be second rate at any other team or rated as B grade mids. Then our second tier is Masten, Wellingham and Gaff. Apart from Masten, they'd be C grade mids, hell Wellingham was a C grade mid at Collingwood. Then our third tier of Hutchings, Sheppard and Dom Sheed wouldn't get a game at any other club. To be fair to Sheppard(he was drafted as a mid remember) he has now found his place in the backline and has been excellent but is not the mid we drafted.

Wellingham certainly is Underwelmingham and really doesn't warrant a spot in the side at the moment, Masten seems to have gone back to his old spud ways and Gaff is a peaheart that is too easily knocked away from contests. Scooter can't kick and I cringe everytime he drops the ball onto his foot and Shuey is still only promising to break open a game.

Priddis is probably the only shining light.

It'd be interesting to hear live commentary in games from some of our supporters.

"Priddis gets it again. *. Turnover!"

"Whaddya mean? He's ******* excellent."

"He is not. Now * off."

It took an eternity? Really?

You realise Woosh did this since about 2003 right?

It arguably cost us the 2005 GF ...

And Simpson does it for 7 or 8 games while trying to get a pre-season on the fly into NN and that's an eternity?

Yeah its been happening for a while. Don't get me started on the 05 GF... :(

But Im talking in regards to the talls of an injured/unfit NicNat, the aging Cox and the disappearing act of Lycett this year. Im glad that Simpson finally saw the light a few rounds back, but he still persisted with this in games that we possibly could have won had one of them not played.

Lets hope it is all a learning curve for him (I think he is slowly adjusting to the way a coach is meant to coach)

These are true though.

Whilst I agree that Kennedy is out of form, I don't think this warrants him being dropped from the team, just as Cloke still remains in the Collingwood side. He will find his feet eventually.

Agree with Priddis, he is useless if he doesn't play something like this every week.

Our midfield is average, but with the rotation of players such as Yeo, Ellis and Darling, it should certainly make it interesting and hard for the opposition to match up on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back