Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond supporters are notorious for hijacking threads and turning them into attendance, memberships, and Big 4 topics.

Its like having good crowds is more important to them than winning games.

It's bizarre when you consider how many people attending their games go for the opposition.

80k to a game is great but let's not pretend it's not 40/40 or 50/30 99% of the time. Get back to me when are are Borussia Dortmund or Barcelona.

Hate is layered.

You have the club itself, the fans, the current team, certain incidents. Derm and Dunstall always talk about hating Essendon but not Carlton or other strong teams from their era.

Western Bulldogs were our enemy number 1 for a bit in the 90s. Danny Southern, Tony Liberatore etc. These days there's no animosity between the clubs or supporters. Like the Sydney rivalry it had an era and then faded.

Hawthorn had an incredible run from 2011-2015. Consistently strong and always won when it mattered. Their fans? Uber flogs. Delusional a lot of them.

Right now I reckon Essendon are cooling. They were muchos hated for the ASADA stuff but with each year they disappoint after promising plenty people lose interest.

Probably between Richmond and WC as the two most recent premiers. Bucks being annoyingly humble all the time and making it harder to hate the current Pies side. Freo also hated because Ross Lyon. Man do people not like that guy.

I used to hate Carlton the most in the John Elliott day's but when my kids were little, the whole family used to sit in the Brisbane cheer squad down here in Melbourne.

When we played Essendon we would get stuff thrown on us from above and a few Essendon idiots used to come over and bait people in the cheer squad. This would happen every time we played the Bombers. Eventually we had security posted who would tell them to go to their actual seats or they would be thrown out.

This only happened against Essendon and I haven't got over it. I hate Essendon the most.

Hate is layered.

You have the club itself, the fans, the current team, certain incidents. Derm and Dunstall always talk about hating Essendon but not Carlton or other strong teams from their era.

Western Bulldogs were our enemy number 1 for a bit in the 90s. Danny Southern, Tony Liberatore etc. These days there's no animosity between the clubs or supporters. Like the Sydney rivalry it had an era and then faded.

Hawthorn had an incredible run from 2011-2015. Consistently strong and always won when it mattered. Their fans? Uber flogs. Delusional a lot of them.

Right now I reckon Essendon are cooling. They were muchos hated for the ASADA stuff but with each year they disappoint after promising plenty people lose interest.

Probably between Richmond and WC as the two most recent premiers. Bucks being annoyingly humble all the time and making it harder to hate the current Pies side. Freo also hated because Ross Lyon. Man do people not like that guy.
You might be hated by Fremantle fans in Perth, but probably 99% of non-Collingwood fans in Victoria were going for West Coast last year. We're more thankful than hateful.

Richmond are hated because of the flogs that support them.

Hawthorn. With all their success they still can't draw anyone to their games. Something intrinsically boring and dislikable about them.

Well, after taking the time to read this thread i am looking forward to a Collingwood/Richmond G.F. I reckon they might allow fans to bring baseball bats for the Half time entertainment. For probably two of the lesser gifted teams of the modern AFL era (Richmond 1 gf, C/wood 2) they sure spruik a lot of grandeur.
Anywhoo, Collingwood for mine but only because they have Eddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn. With all their success they still can't draw anyone to their games. Something intrinsically boring and dislikable about them.

Hawthorn are the most irrelevant for sure.
People say North are the most irrelevant but they've been pointed out so much that they've become relevant.
Hawthorn are just bland and vanilla.

As for most hated it's a toss up between Carlton and Collingwood.
Not sure why Essendon attract more hate on here than those two.
Sheedy did well to make them relevant and manufacture rivalries with Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond.

Over the last 50 years in the years either side of Sheedy's reign, Essendon have not been relevant and those rivalries manufactured by Sheedy no longer exist.
Media still pump up the games as rivalries but it's just a game between two big clubs.

I dislike the Bulldogs, due to the way the used to go about it in the 90’s. Dirty talentless players like Libba, Romero, Croft, Southern etc. held a grudge ever since.....

I dislike the Bulldogs, due to the way the used to go about it in the 90’s. Dirty talentless players like Libba, Romero, Croft, Southern etc. held a grudge ever since.....
Wow, a 20 year grudge? That's commitment!

Never heard anyone refer to Croft as dirty, strange call. Libba was dirty in his latter years - he had to become a mongrel to keep his place in the side. People forget what a terriffic in and under player he was during the early years of his career. Tackle machine too. Did win a brownlow playing that way... not sure talentless is a great way to describe him.

Geelong because I don't like their players and I don't like their coach. There is just something about them that screams "entitled arrogance".

As for the fans, I don't hate any teams fans because if you actually go to the games the vast majority of people are pretty good! I wouldn't skew my view just because of some bias on a website the majority of football fans don't use.

It changes by season for me. This season it is Geelong because of the media wankfest around them. Earlier seasons it was Essendon for obvious reasons.

If you read our gameday threads on the main board you'd easily be mistaken in thinking that we're the most hated.

Something about booing, something about free kicks, probably something about ducking (what year is it?) and sure something about us being bogans but also entitled chardonnay sippers.

I think The Bombers hate will die down, but everyone will see their failures as karma for a while. I personally get most annoyed by opposition supporters, some are way better than others, but it's important to remember that any large group of people are essentially the same. Tigers fans suck, but it's only the ones that make the most noise on the main board, Eagles supporters suck (some that hang around the main AFL board and some special cases on our own board, as well as some morons in the crowd), Dockers supporters suck (in Eagles gameday threads specifically), Hawks supporters once upon a time were unbearable, so were Cats supporters in turning every thread into a Hawks/Cats s**t fight.

Funnily enough I actually find Pies supporters to be some of the best (exceptions of Adz/American Pies) and I've found this to be the case when meeting them in person at games. I know plenty of good Dockers supporters who are exactly the same as Eagles supporters, there's no differences in supporter bases.

I tend to hate whoever beats us in a final, until we get some kind of redemption. Used to hate Sydney in the mid 2000's for this reason.

Back