Which media/music playing program do you use?

Remove this Banner Ad

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
I am a convert to Winamp. I miss the layout, look and playlist organisation of Itunes, but the music sounds so much better in Winamp. So much better that I can bypass the above points and the damn Last FM scrobbling glitch.

Windows Media Player is the best for video playing, but is way too clunky for music IMO.

...the quality of the sound is based on your speakers and the format the music is in.

Not per se. Itunes has average playback quality compared to other media players. Listen to one track on Itunes, then listen to that same track on Winamp and you will hear what I mean.

Also I really like Winamp's Milkdrop visualisation program :thumbsu:

If only we could get a player that had the professional and clean layout/look of Itunes and the playback quality of Winamp.

If only we could get a player that had the professional and clean layout/look of Itunes and the playback quality of Winamp.

What's your beef with Winamp's layout? I have Media Library, Playlist and Album Art as the three "windows"...don't see what else I could need/want.

What's your beef with Winamp's layout? I have Media Library, Playlist and Album Art as the three "windows"...don't see what else I could need/want.

It just looks very basic and unappealing,it needs to upgrade it's looks so it's up to date for 2010. Even the skins don't make that too much better. Also there are a handful of niggling interface issues, nothing gamebreaking, but I'm sure they could be easily fixed.

Not per se. Itunes has average playback quality compared to other media players. Listen to one track on Itunes, then listen to that same track on Winamp and you will hear what I mean.

Also I really like Winamp's Milkdrop visualisation program :thumbsu:

are you becoming one of those gay little vamp kids who loves twighlight and uses "per se" every other sentence?

Windows Media Player

Although i watch dvd's on a different program because WMP seems to always **** up the picture when im watching a movie

Use Media Monkey Gold Personally, I have around 19,000 digital files and I like the way it sorts my music in 4 or 5 different personal settings & Sources new music very quickly.

As I have quite a bit of music, I send friends music as they request it and sending music by Email from Media Monkey is walk in the park. Although It does it I use a different program for burning.

I tried lots and I found Media Monkey for me just beat Winamp (Although I like the Look of the Black Winamp more)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

itunes for music,
VLC for videos

+1

Never had any problems with iTunes and it seems to the job well enough. Having an Ipod and you have to use it anyway, do have Winamp though for when I'm converting FLAC files back to MP3.

VLC is probally the best video player out there IMHO.

Foobar2000 for music, destroys everything save possibly Media Monkey, and I just have a personal preference anyway.

You don't know how average iTunes can be (Even in the memory/loading area) til you've used one of MM or Foobar.

VLC obvious choice for videos.

I've used various ones - VLC, iTunes, Nero Showtime, WMP, Winamp, etc. Right now I'm using WMP to play most music and videos and Showtime to play the rest. I don't really care.

itunes is alright but sometimes when you put new music in your library it cuts it down to a shorter leangth, that really pisses me off, song cutts off halfway through, its gay as....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back