Prediction Which team do you want to coach against the Crows in finals?

Which team would you coach vs Adelaide in 2017 finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
You can take over as head coach of any qualified team, and coach them in the finals vs Adelaide.

Which team do you want to coach?

How would you set them up to beat Adelaide?

GWS.

I'd properly use their stoppage and outside run strengths to obliterate us at contested ball with Shiel, Coniglio, Ward and Hopper then efficiently transition to outside run with Kelly, Greene, Deledio and Whitfield. I'd use Scully to hard tag Sloane, I'd also tag Lynch and Smith where possible and use Haynes as a loose man in defence. Johnson gets dropped permanently for Himmelberg who I'd place as the second loose man in defence. I'd then use Cameron as a decoy forward to remove Talia from every contest and let Patton and Lobb demolish Hartigan and Lever in aerial contests. Running in waves through the corridor would be the name of the game, thanks to having Williams, Shaw, Wilson, Kelly, Greene, Whitfield, Smith and Deledio all in the side. I'd also look to nullify any run off the back of the square at center stoppages.

Port

I'd make a lot of noise about doing things the Port way, then never let anyone come off for a rest, put Neade in the ruck and Dixon and Ryder on the wings, then move Westhoff to CHB straight away.

I'd also instigate a team rule that said everyone has to use their opposite foot when kicking, and if they can kick with both feet, they're only allowed to throw the ball.

;)

GWS.

I'd properly use their stoppage and outside run strengths to obliterate us at contested ball with Shiel, Coniglio, Ward and Hopper then efficiently transition to outside run with Kelly, Greene, Deledio and Whitfield. I'd use Scully to hard tag Sloane, I'd also tag Lynch and Smith where possible and use Haynes as a loose man in defence. Johnson gets dropped permanently for Himmelberg who I'd place as the second loose man in defence. I'd then use Cameron as a decoy forward to remove Talia from every contest and let Patton and Lobb demolish Hartigan and Lever in aerial contests. Running in waves through the corridor would be the name of the game, thanks to having Williams, Shaw, Wilson, Kelly, Greene, Whitfield, Smith and Deledio all in the side. I'd also look to nullify any run off the back of the square at center stoppages.

Like the strategy, but not happy that you've published a way to beat the Crows!!

DEANEUS, please remove this dangerous post before GWS get their hands on it?? ;)

Which team would I like to coach against the Crows in the finals?

NONE of them. No point, nothing to be gained. The Crows will be too good. :)

Port.

We have Sauce so that nullifies the big advantage they have (Ryder) against lesser teams.

Have Talia stick to Dixon. That takes him out of the game.

Matt Crouch play off of Wines. Make Wines accountable at every contest.

Let Boak try and tag Sloaney. Have Sloaney take him all over the ground. Boak will blow up by half time.

Not allow Gray any cheap ball (partuculalry from Ryder's tapwork) and have Brown push him out of the forward 30 metres. He can't kick a set shot further than that distance anymore.

Let Wingard have as much ball as he wants in the middle. He is a zero impact player in the middle against a good team.

Leave Pittard loose. Far easier to set up our attacks when he kicks it straight to the wall of players (four players staggered across the centre line) I would set up.

Make Westhoff accountable.

Have our guys move the ball as quickly as possible into our forward 50 so that Basset's mid 2000s flood can not take affect and our key falls have space.

Isolate Eddy on Impey and sit back and laugh.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GWS. But I don't think I'd be a very good coach (I know I know, very un-bf like)

They just have so much potentials and could be absolutely anything. Wouldn't be surprised if they flicked the switch and demolished everyone in their path. Obviously I hope they don't do that.

Geelong for me.

I would ask Dangerfield and J Selwood to go for 40 possessions and 15 clearances each.

I would ask everyone to elbow Sloane in the back whenever they are near him. This should happen at least once per 30 seconds all game long. If Crows players react, try to draw frees.

This should wear Sloane down to the point he gives in to the S Selwood tag and in the end has 14 possessions for the game, of which 7 will be free kicks.

Without any contribution from Sloane, and with B Crouch panicking against a good team again, it will be M Crouch playing a lone hand, which won't be enough against Dangerwood.

Setup a 6 goal lead by half time and Adelaide will start to get the rising fear of failure coming up through their stomachs. They will start playing low risk footy, kick down the line rather than inboard, playing into the Geelong defensive zone.

The last quarter will be a non event.

It all starts at Dangerfield and J Selwood vs Sloane.
- Any limited impact due to injury eg J Selwood's ankle would be game changing.
- Sloane's grit (or otherwise) to stand up against the bullying to play the game of his career would be game changing.

GWS.

That's interesting re: which team is best placed to win contested ball against us.

I don't feel as worried about GWS because I think against good teams we rely on Sloane being the best midfielder on the park, and against GWS he should be.

For whatever reason GWS haven't been playing with the same run and carry as previous years.

I also reckon Pyke has Cameron covered as a coach. Coach Scorpus and it might be a different story... :cool:

Port

I'd make a lot of noise about doing things the Port way, then never let anyone come off for a rest, put Neade in the ruck and Dixon and Ryder on the wings, then move Westhoff to CHB straight away.

I'd also instigate a team rule that said everyone has to use their opposite foot when kicking, and if they can kick with both feet, they're only allowed to throw the ball.

;)

Kern let you look at his secret playbook again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port

;)
Or just put Jarman Impey on Eddie Betts.

Back