FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

from memory Scrubs had a few blackface episodes

I have been rewatching the odd episode here and there recently, and a lot of the humour is pretty dated on multiple levels... transsexuality/homosexuality is mostly a punchline, and there's lots of Carla/Elliot plotlines that basically boil down to "haha women amirite"

I suppose nothing that is unusual for shows of that vintage, but it does jar a bit when it's so progressive on a lot of other stuff

from memory Scrubs had a few blackface episodes

I have been rewatching the odd episode here and there recently, and a lot of the humour is pretty dated on multiple levels... transsexuality/homosexuality is mostly a punchline, and there's lots of Carla/Elliot plotlines that basically boil down to "haha women amirite"

I suppose nothing that is unusual for shows of that vintage, but it does jar a bit when it's so progressive on a lot of other stuff
Sex and homosexuality is definitely a regular punchline but at the same time, there’s episodes where the main characters become aware of their homophobia and address it. And JD and Turk is possibly the most affectionate bromance in TV history, they are always professing their love for each other.

Sex and homosexuality is definitely a regular punchline but at the same time, there’s episodes where the main characters become aware of their homophobia and address it. And JD and Turk is possibly the most affectionate bromance in TV history, they are always professing their love for each other.
yeah I mean the show is quite good at addressing male intimacy, but that is a bit different from homosexuality

the only recurring gay characters are Elliot’s brother and Kelso’s son, both kept unseen and played as freaks

Don't mind Lucky Hank and Succession/Yellowjackets returning now, and Barry in a few weeks. Totally set for Autumn!

I'm more of a binger though. I'll each week Succession given the final season, but others I'll probably delay until the season's nearly over, prefer to disregard that per episode water cooler stuff.

Last edited:
Quantum Leap (2022)… gets off to a shaky start with an unconvincing info dump with all the main characters but slowly starts to find its feet. Very cheesy but so was the original and I think it hits the nostalgia element just right (it was my favourite show as a kid). Wholesome TV that I can watch with the young kids.

Shrinking has finished. It started well but I was sick of it by the end. There was little 'shrinking' being done and it turned into a family and friends sitcom. They kept regurgitating the same jokes. There's little point in another season after they gave everyone a happy ending.

Shrinking has finished. It started well but I was sick of it by the end. There was little 'shrinking' being done and it turned into a family and friends sitcom. They kept regurgitating the same jokes. There's little point in another season after they gave everyone a happy ending.
Well that’s not exactly true…there’s going to be fallout from things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just started watching the Wire, loving the 2nd season so far

Great series.

Lieutenant Cedric Daniels was played by Lance Reddick, who died last week. Omar Little was played by Michael K. Williams, he died a year and a half ago.

just started watching the Wire, loving the 2nd season so far
Most people drop off on the 2nd season due to the sudden change from the cops/streets to the docks so if you're loving the 2nd season you're in for a treat with the rest. Best show of all time next to Sopranos.

Just finished Star Trek Next Gen, had never watched it before. Much better than I expected season 3-5 from memory were brilliant.

Watched the first episode or 2 of Titans, it was ok but a little too cheesy for me. I'll go back and watch another couple to see if I warm to it.

Just watched the first couple of episodes of Stargate SG-1, I loved this when I was a kid but only watched the first season or so - gonna binge it and see how far I get.

Also watching Mandalorian which I love, don't think too much about it just enjoy the world it's building.

Most people drop off on the 2nd season due to the sudden change from the cops/streets to the docks so if you're loving the 2nd season you're in for a treat with the rest. Best show of all time next to Sopranos.

thats good to know

Final two episodes of Sopranos tonight

Have enjoyed it but as one of the best of all time?

Maybe it would have been better at the time

Still good quality tv
I'm at 14 eps left, found this last season slow compared to previous seasons

Final two episodes of Sopranos tonight

Have enjoyed it but as one of the best of all time?

Maybe it would have been better at the time

Still good quality tv
I'm at 14 eps left, found this last season slow compared to previous seasons
I recently rewatched the whole thing and was pleasantly surprised as to how good the final couple of seasons were. I thought they were brilliant and didn't detract from the series as a whole at all.

I put it easily in the top 3 shows of all time (along with Deadwood and The Wire) and arguably #1.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back