FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

just started watching: the detour late tonight, very very funny and really enjoying it (only 3 eps in) what can go wrong on a family road trip, everything lol .. cant wait to watch the end of season 1 and start season 2
Very good show. Very underrated

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I can't believe I didn't watch Deadwood sooner.

I see why it completes the HBO/modern TV holy triumvirate along with The Sopranos and The Wire. The drama from the actual stories are a little less engaging but the character work, the performances and the writing are all so rich and rewarding (which is it sort of has to be since all the action takes place along what is essentially one street and a few buildings). It really is on a level all of its own (or nearly along, Sopranos, Wire and Mad Men are there too I guess).

I've started Preacher too. Found the first episode a little too "edgy" as if it's aiming for a younger audience but Negga and Gilgun elevate it, they're such captivating actors, and the material seems to revel in being campy fun rather than overly brooding. Kind of reminds me of Angel.
Brilliant season ..i was devastated when i finished it ..i just wanted it to go on and on

Watching Line Of Duty S4 at the moment. Loved the first 3 seasons, the fourth while still enjoyable not nearly as good as the first 3.

Starting The Wire again.

Eugh, it's so good. TV should have just ended with The Wire, honestly. What more is there for the medium?

Re-watched Billions. Loved it, again. Now freaking out having realised that "Dollar" Bill Stearn is played by the same guy as The Americans' Pastor Tim.

l am watching

breaking bad (current season)
true blood (current season)
damages (current season)
misfits early 2nd season
identity first season
planet earth (for my nature fix)
OZ first season

just picked up spooks & twin peaks i'll give them a go.

what other you guys/gals watching ?

Line of Duty, the Throne of course, Offspring, repeats over and over of the Sopranos and Rome, but love it all.

All we need is for someone to come up with some new ideas with the HBO quality, I am not sure what Vikings is doing, but Travis Fimmel I think is doing some more work for the History channel and its partners , he is making a story about Wyatt Earp , a historical thing , where I think the same people as Vikings are making it, and you may actually see the real Wyatt Earp of the time , his time.
These folk were not Kevin Costner or Kurt Russell, in those times a lawman could be a sheriff a gambler a robber a horse thief and murderer then back to the law. Or even a dentist???
Facinating to see how the History people handle this show. But Fimmel I think is doing more of this type of thing with more shows to come.
It will be closer to the reality with some good fictional probables as well.
As good historical fiction does with some areas of history , IF DONE PROPERLY , and they do I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In no particular order, no repeats, all new series :

Game of Thrones
Bracqo
Continuum
Revolution
Survivor
Da Vincis Demons
Orphan black
Vikings
Bogan Hunters
Wentworth
Blacklist
Da Vincis Demons too much bull dust, magic etc, a really good historical fiction would make this fantastic story just brilliant , he was a story in himself, this show makes him look like a super hero . Its stupid , even with the little bit of info known about Da Vinci thrown in.

Watch the Borgias, with Jeremy Irons, as the Pope. Now there's a show! Never watched Wentworth or Prisoner, either, they seem just angst and misery , Aussies can do much better than that.

Da Vincis Demons too much bull dust, magic etc, a really good historical fiction would make this fantastic story just brilliant , he was a story in himself, this show makes him look like a super hero . Its stupid , even with the little bit of info known about Da Vinci thrown in.
It was a travesty that Starz axed Spartacus for that pile of rubbish!

Rewatched the UK Office over the weekend - don't feel like it has aged at all. Still very funny and in my opinion, the best conclusion to a television show I have ever seen.
could not agree more. anyone who rates the US version alongside the UK version doesn't understand excellent comedy.
the ending is the best I've ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back