Remove this Banner Ad

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Just having a think with campbell,gasper and Richo to come back into the lineup and we might give Tuck a run who do we drop for the upcoming match between the winner of Adelaide and St Kilda?

I think Nicholls and hyde would be one and maybe houlihan what about you?

Chaffey and Fleming because neither will play rd1 due to suspension. I'd also be tempted to rest Brown.
I think all the other newcomers and fringe players should get a fair chance to show their worth before the season proper. Tuck and Moore should get a run if they're fit.

Bowden and Krakouer might just slip into the side with Richo, Gas & Cambo as well wrenny.

Arent they 2?

I meant thats one group of people i would drop :p

Nah seriously just realised that krakouer didnt play either.

I would do the following

Drop Hall - Replaced By Gasper
Drop Nicholls- Replaced By Krakouer
Drop Hyde- Replaced By Campbell
Drop Houlihan- Replaced By Richo
Drop Pettifer- Replaced By Tuck??

Originally posted by Fishfinger

Bowden and Krakouer might just slip into the side with Richo, Gas & Cambo as well wrenny.

I think Bowdo is out for 2 fishfinger.

Chaffey and Fleming because neither will play rd1 due to suspension. I'd also be tempted to rest Brown.

I beleive that fleming got suspended for 3 weeks in round 19 against st kilda. Which means he served his sentence round 20,21,22. He is eligible to play round 1

I dunno about chaffey he gives us so much run out of defence.

Maybe rest brown but i dont want to i wanna go far in this preseason to set us up for a big year.

Whats good about this is we have alot of depth. D.Kellaway and rogers etc wanna push their way in but cant cause of the contest of getting in.

nah

Why risk Campbo, Richo or Gaspar in a practice match ?
We know they can play...granted they need match practice and conditioning for Round 1.

But the club will also benefit if they give match practice conditioning and confidence to the likes of Pettifer, Hyde, Fletcher, Nicholls, and Houlihan.

Re: nah

Originally posted by Rodan#18.
Why risk Campbo, Richo or Gaspar in a practice match ?
We know they can play...granted they need match practice and conditioning for Round 1.

But the club will also benefit if they give match practice conditioning and confidence to the likes of Pettifer, Hyde, Fletcher, Nicholls, and Houlihan.

Spot on. That's what I was getting at. Look after the proven players who are getting over major injuries or niggles, and give as many others a run as possible to see what they can do.
I was thinking of the other players slipping back in for rd1.

Houlihan, Nichols and Pettifer all played relatively well. You would reward that by dropping them? Hyde and Hall for Campbell and Richo. The only changes I would make. As much as I would like to see Tuck and Moore have a run. If Krak is fit though somebody should pave way for him.

Originally posted by evo
If your looking for players to drop to bring in Bowden and Richo etc one R.Hall would be an excellent place to start.

It seems Hall won't be able to hold down CHB but he might be a gun FF just waiting to be played there. I personally doubt he'll be able to have a position to call his own but he should be given a chance.
There are a lot of positives from game 1 and only this one negative I can think of. Good it was discovered now and should be tackled pro-actively because the coaching staff obviously rate him or they would have organised a trade.
Winning in the pre-season comp has marketing and membership ramifications, so is important. Having clear team structure options for the season is essential so some experimenting should be done in these games.

As for dropping players who are playing well to bring other good players in Darth, I've been waiting since 1982 for this to happen again. It's a problem for good teams with depth so I won't mind too much if it's suddenly our problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has mentioned Blumfield. Isn't it about time this guy earned his spot? His form in the last 2 matches has been lacklustre. I know that he was affected by injury last year, but he showed very little when he was available. I know that he's skilful, but he just seems to be going through the motions.

I agree with Darth - you need to try to reward players when they show a bit, in the hope they'll keep it going. It's about confidence. Houlihan, Pettifer and Nicholls probably did enough in this match (plus the intra-club where they played quite well) to stay in next week. Conversely, Blumfield for the chop!Reward effort and penalise poor performance! Let's have real competition for spots in the side.

I suppose ur right about blumfield. I mean he is one of my favourite players but not in 1 game has he done more than heffernen or caracella at their clubs. And i have talked to tons of bobmer supporters and they rate blumfield better than cara and heffernen. So something is wrong. I wanna see krak in the lineup. Campbell and Richo back in the team. So i have changed my mind i wanna see Tuck get a run aswell. Its just that i want our players ready for round 1. I mean they will be slow to start against collingwood and we might lose.

So Blumfield for Krakouer
Hall for Richo

Other than that i dunno. Its so hard to choose aye.

I think most here are missing the point of this competition. It's a pre-season comp ... i.e. the season hasn't yet started.

With this in mind, I'd be playing all of those players who most need a game for their own personal development, rather than those who will win the thing for us.

The last thing I would do is drop the likes of Blumfield, Pettifer, Houlihan, Nicholls, Fleming etc.. Apart from the fact that I thought that Pettifer, Houlihan and Fleming all showed some really good signs at times on Friday night, they should be given every chance to develop in the "Senior" team throughout Feb/March.

If anything, I'd be resting the likes of Campbo, AK, Richo, Chaff etc.., and even maybe Cogs and Johnno. Ot at least use them sparingly to keep them relatively fresh.

For all of the huff and puff that's associated with the Wizard Cup, it's essentially meaningless. I would trade a Wizard Cup Premiership, and all of it's associated victories (which would be therefore four wins, I calculate) for just a single Round One win over Collingwood. Or any game during the real season, for that matter.

Hear, hear or is that here, here - i dunno.

I just wanna see the kids play - don't care if we win, lose or draw. Is meaningless, other than giving false hope to supporters if you happen to scrape a few together.

So what happens to the rest of the squad that doesn't get a game in the WizzFizz Cup? Are there other games scheduled for them - does anyone know?

Originally posted by froars
So what happens to the rest of the squad that doesn't get a game in the WizzFizz Cup? Are there other games scheduled for them - does anyone know?

I would assume that Coburg would also be involved in some VFL praccy matches around the place, Froars.

I would like to see some Rookies get a game too - Kelvin Moore for one. It's all about seeing how these guys shape up under "almost" the top level. Give 'em a taste of it and give them something to strive for. Luved seeing Tommy out there the other day - didn't get much time, but he looked like he luved the challenge.

Originally posted by TheFoxhat
How's Bowden's O.P going anyone know....????:) :D

Heard bowden yesterday on sen and he stated that he should get a run this week but not neccessarly with the seniors .

Ok i am convinced that we should try out new guys out. This is who i would have as my side judged by who played good last week so that they are ready for Round 1 if you know what i mean??

B: Moore Gasper A.Kellaway
HB: Hall Weller Tuck
C: Fleming Campbell Roach
HF: Schultz Morrison Rodan
FF: Zantuck Richo Blumfield
Foll: Ottens Coughlan Krakouer
Int: Marsh,Pettifer,Dragaceivic,Gilmour,Nicholls,Houlihan

Rest: Fiora, Brown, Tivendale, Johnson, Coughlan, Chaffey, Newman, Stafford

Miss out from last week: Hyde.

Injured: Rogers,Bowden,Archibald,D.Kellaway,

Unlucky: Fletcher,Hartigan

This side is giving everyone a go. It has enough in it to beat St Kilda maybe. Would like to see Tuck get Milne.

Originally posted by GhostofJimJess
I think most here are missing the point of this competition. It's a pre-season comp ... i.e. the season hasn't yet started.

With this in mind, I'd be playing all of those players who most need a game for their own personal development, rather than those who will win the thing for us.

The last thing I would do is drop the likes of Blumfield, Pettifer, Houlihan, Nicholls, Fleming etc.. Apart from the fact that I thought that Pettifer, Houlihan and Fleming all showed some really good signs at times on Friday night, they should be given every chance to develop in the "Senior" team throughout Feb/March.

If anything, I'd be resting the likes of Campbo, AK, Richo, Chaff etc.., and even maybe Cogs and Johnno. Ot at least use them sparingly to keep them relatively fresh.

For all of the huff and puff that's associated with the Wizard Cup, it's essentially meaningless. I would trade a Wizard Cup Premiership, and all of it's associated victories (which would be therefore four wins, I calculate) for just a single Round One win over Collingwood. Or any game during the real season, for that matter.
While i don't disagree with you here GoJJ, I reckon that not taking the wizz at least a little seriously is more for the well place clubs like Brisbane.I'd like to think that after coming13 losses out of the last14 games RFc would be keen to get into a winning mentality.

Apart from the fact that it will greatly enhance our membership drive,bearing in mind that we're coming off a 750k or so loss,it will also give the lads a bit of belief.

I don't how many times they will keep trying guys like Nichols and Hyde, for example, till they accept they are duds.By all means play Tuck,Raines and Roach off the bench,but if guys like Hall are getting absolutely spanked why persist.I dont mind Fish fingers idea,give him a chance down in the forward line and if he can't make some sort of positive contribuition he can @#$% off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back