• Gold Coast

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What a flog this guy is. Names or it didn't happen. Media doing their best to unsettle both coach and club
so they can get their big story. Duckwits the lot of them.
... yet he appears to be on the money this time.

Maybe he doesnt go straight back into coaching.. or maybe he never wants to coach again.

isnt his good mate, and morning coffee buddy Gill, looking for a new AFL Head of Football?..

Come on down Mr Clarkson..
Maybe Clarkson gets the job of Head of AFL Victoria, if Brad Scott wants to coach again and ends up winning the senior coaching role at Collingwood possibly.

Or there is always that possibly he might just want to work as a high-school teacher for the rest of his working career like he previous was at the beginning before he was involved with any sort of coaching role in Australian Rules Football in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

I still think Carlton though would be extremely silly not to look at the option of him being their next senior coach in 2022+ and revamping that club completely to becoming a massive powerhouse again in the code just like he did with the Hawks IMO, if Teaguey does indeed get the sack, this year.

Caro says it's a no to the Pies so maybe it's a yes to Carlton.

So there's no nett financial Teague payout pain for his new club, Clarko signs on for three years back ended with say just $200k in 2022.

IMO I don't see him at either Collingwood or Carlton for me it's down to 3..GWS,GC or The Kangaroos.

What on Earth makes you think North is looking for a coach?

Too much groundwork to do at Collingwood and he's 54 next year. Carlton list is more advanced but he would have to deal with their power structure. GWS would be ideal if it became available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Clarkson gets the job of Head of AFL Victoria, if Brad Scott wants to coach again and ends up winning the senior coaching role at Collingwood possibly.

Or there is always that possibly he might just want to work as a high-school teacher for the rest of his working career like he previous was at the beginning before he was involved with any sort of coaching role in Australian Rules Football in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

I still think Carlton though would be extremely silly not to look at the option of him being their next senior coach in 2022+ and revamping that club completely to becoming a massive powerhouse again in the code just like he did with the Hawks IMO, if Teaguey does indeed get the sack, this year.

If Clarko wants to coach Carlton he can basically write his own cheque and he’d be in tomorrow. Teague will be out as quick as you can say learnings.

Suspect it’ll be us or an expansion club.

What on Earth makes you think North is looking for a coach?
Carlton & Collingwood are to political.
If you look at lists the 3 I mentioned they would most likely appeal to him.
I could see him going to north after a couple of seasons out of the game.
The giants have the talent and gave 3 number 1 picks in their back pocket.
The Suns could take a bit longer to get up there but hawthorn was a s**t show when he got there but got a flag in 3 seasons.

Carlton & Collingwood are to political.
If you look at lists the 3 I mentioned they would most likely appeal to him.
I could see him going to north after a couple of seasons out of the game.
The giants have the talent and gave 3 number 1 picks in their back pocket.
The Suns could take a bit longer to get up there but hawthorn was a sh*t show when he got there but got a flag in 3 seasons.

North signed a coach last year who has taken them from the worst list in the history of the AFL (apparently) to a team that some consider a finals smokey next year.

Noble's as safe as houses.

North signed a coach last year who has taken them from the worst list in the history of the AFL (apparently) to a team that some consider a finals smokey next year.

Noble's as safe as houses.
Yeah Nobes will stay there conformable for as long as he feels its time until he wants to leave, similar to the situation with us (Lions) and Fages.

Nobes is a bloody excellent coach/football person as well and I see big similarities in the way the Kanagaroos are playing atm in how we played under Fages rebuild and hopefully that means the Kangas can raise up that ladder in quick time given how well they are performing this year already :thumbsupemoji:

You'd take him because more coaches out there are rubbish, but he does come with a bit of baggage now. He's basically destroyed Hawthorn and it will take them at least a decade now to get out the s**t.

It takes the gloss off 4 premierships because it's come at a ruinous cost. He destroyed the club trying to get number 5.

The list is utterly destroyed and that's 100% on Clarko because he was driving the acquisition of those speculative mature players like Vickery, Wingard, Scully, etc. Clarko seemed to think he could work his magic and turn their careers aroudn, but none of them have worked out except Mitchell and he's just a handball machine anyway.

I think the game has passed him by in a way, doesn't have the stomach to see a rebuild through. If he went to Carlton it's a 5-10 year project.

Back