Who has the best forward line heading into 2019?

Who will have the best forward line in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I think you are pumping kennedy tires more then you need, just to ram your point home. Reading your prior post, you would think Kennedy has kicked more goals by a margin, yet the figure is minuscule, the average is only separated by 0.1 ffs lol. Yet you ignore goal assists, which Jack has a heap more.

Both are elite forwards, the reality, Reiwoldt brings other forwards into the game more then Kennedy but that is not a bad thing as the Kennedy and Darling 1-2 punch has worked for WC for awhile now.

I just cant wait till we give it a crack with Reiwoldt, Lynch 1-2 combo :)

EDIT - Also, averages can some times be called a fools argument too as Jack Reiwoldt has Marked the ball more then Kennedy, Has had more shots on goals, has kicked more goals 607 to 562, more behinds 359 to 308 and a s**t ton more disposals. Oh, he also has played one season less then Kennedy and is younger :), Oh, he also applies more pressure in the F50 and has more tackles :p
Has played more games though.

See that is a great question. I have watched the tigers all my life. Have payed particular attention during the Hardwick years and his evaluation of the side he coaches and how we score. The one main way we enter F50 is by kicking it high and long. Jacks done well being double and triple teamed as our offense has been top 4 for a few years now BUT the current playing group wont change there main method of entry as its ingrained and im glad, as Jack with have Lynch also being able to fly for the ball and jack can decoy to allow both to minimise being double teamed.

I seriously believe there will be zero adjustment needed.

It's not that simple though, Jroo brings the ball to the ground so unselfishly that he is predictable to his smalls. Lynch might want to prove himself to the faithful and go for a lot more marks out of position and either get spoiled outside the ring of smalls or out marked by one of the 3rd man in defenders most sides run with. If Jroo has the space will Lynch be able to take his man away from the contests or will he do what Hogan did for us this year and bring his man to the contest and allow him to impact.

I'm sure Lynch will kick bags against the s**t sides it's more so how well they work together agaisnt the top 8.

McDonald and Hogan struggled against top 8 sides and caused us to be dysfunctional, McDonald and Weid helped us win 4 games against the top 8 in a row because Weid played like Jroo where as Hogan was selfish.

A fit Josh Kennedy is the best forward in the competition by a considerable margin. The issue is, we're seeing a fit Josh Kennedy less and less as the years roll by.

JK would've won 4 consecutive Coleman Medals if his body didn't let him down. Fingers crossed we see him back to his best in 2019. (Admittedly unlikely)

A fit Josh Kennedy is the best forward in the competition by a considerable margin. The issue is, we're seeing a fit Josh Kennedy less and less as the years roll by.

giphy.gif

JK would've won 4 consecutive Coleman Medals if his body didn't let him down. Fingers crossed we see him back to his best in 2019. (Admittedly unlikely)
Yeah nah. The best full-forward, sure, but even a fully fit Kennedy is nowhere near Buddy as an all-round forward.

You can talk Hogan down and talk Melbourne up as much as you like, it's natural for most supporters who lose a gun player, but forwards as good as Hogan aren't easy to replace or find for that matter and Hogan is a really good footballer with tons of potential to be unleashed.
Will have a massive career at Fremantle.

But I still think Hogan is a pretty big loss for your team.
Point out to me where I "talked Hogan down" ?

Quotes please.

I'm a fan of Hogan and always have been.

That said, we're closer to a flag with May in defence than Hogan in the forward-line. I think the opposition supporters who think we've gone backwards this trade period have no real clue as to how talented Sam Weideman is.

McCarthy is actually a good footballer though, and the structure works better.

Ithink it's relevant that multiple times your club has acknowleged McCarthy has been used out of position as a KPP because of lack of alternatives.

Hogan and Lobb may well mean he can use his mobility better spending more time on the wing leading into the 50 when he can.

We also haven't usually used Lobb as a deep forward. More often on the wing as a target for the get out kick down the line. He has even started on the wing at centre bounces a lot.

He can certainly play deep forward, but it's been very helpful for our mids to have a really big guy with long arms and sticky fingers to kick to when they're under pressure.

Richmond and West Coast are clearly the best. I'd say if Lynch and Riewoldt fire, they're better than Kennedy and Darling slightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast clear number 1!

They have the runs on the board and have proven they are the best forward line.

On paper Richmond are close but they can't be put at 1 until we see how they perform together. This time last year Geelong were being talked up as the best midfield in the game and possibly of all time and on paper that was fair enough, but obviously that didn't prove to be the case.

Has to be Richmond. They have 2 of the top 3 forwards in the league + 3-4 above average small forwards in Caddy, Rioli and Higgins.

Lynch is not in the top 3 forwards in the league. Not even close. He has only managed to kick over 50 goals once in his career (in 2016 where Kennedy and Buddy kicked over 80) and he played as many games as Kennedy did in 2017 and kicked 25 less goals and didn't even make the top 10 for the year. Not sure why people keep saying he's top 3. Did he have an amazing year I'm not privy too or something?

Clear top 3: Buddy, Kennedy, Reiwoldt.

Followed by Brown & Daniher. But both of these guys will be top 2 sooner rather than later.

Lynch maybe knocking on 6th place, but even that's debatable. On pure numbers, even Darlo has him beat, he's been averaging 40 goals a year since he started. Lynch no where near it.

Last edited:
De Goey will become the best forward in the game next year, its coming you all know it, and his support cast will be unstoppable as well.

Really, no bias but Collingwood’s forward line looks pretty awesome for next season.
Biased shamelessly, however call it as it is, even if I followed another s**t club, still say the same, it obvious how De goey barring any slip ups will be no 1 in the league, and the rest are dynamic.

Biased shamelessly, however call it as it is, even if I followed another s**t club, still say the same, it obvious how De goey barring any slip ups will be no 1 in the league, and the rest are dynamic.
I think Dom Sheed overtook De Goey as the better forward

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back