Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

• Peta Credlin

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Costello

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Matthew Guy

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tim Smith

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Jeff Kennett

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Inanimate Carbon Rod

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked like he had an awesome career ahead of him. The seat for Kew, shadow AG, in his thirties.

And then he goes and does this. It boggles the mind.

Easy for me to say from the comfort of my laptop but I'd like to think that in his position, I'd be taking cabs anywhere alcohol might be involved.

Not like he can't afford it, even with Melbourne cab charges (and do pollies even have to pay for cabs)?

Just a crazy mistake. And I say that as somebody who has made plenty of mistakes over the journey.

A reminder of the intellectual giant we have lost ( and it doesn't even include his plans for the great bat genocide).

Finn is a poorly educated religious zealot from the extreme right who publicly embarrasses his party daily. Just why he wasn't dispensed with years ago is a mystery.

His Facebook feed genuinely reads like that of some Russian, basement-dwelling troll.

In any corporate setting where he were so pathetically representing "the brand," he'd have been dumped long ago over flagrant violation of social media policy. This isn't hard, Vic Libs.

I reckon Matthew Guy would have every right to be extremely furious with Tim Smith's actions over the weekend, especially when you consider in a recent Age newspoll, the Coalition had halved the gap between itself and Daniel Andrews's Labor government, and all Guy had to do between now and polling day next year was to keep his team focused and disciplined. The Victorian Liberals won't beat Labor, but their only hope would be a hung parliament result.

Tim Smith has blown up whatever chance the Victorian Liberals had of regaining respect within the electorate in the run up to the 2022 state election with his car accident.

His Facebook feed genuinely reads like that of some Russian, basement-dwelling troll.

In any corporate setting where he were so pathetically representing "the brand," he'd have been dumped long ago over flagrant violation of social media policy. This isn't hard, Vic Libs.
Sort of bloke who, if he didn't wear glasses, would've been cleaned up multiple times because of his mouth by now.

Mark Stevens' career at Sky starting pretty much as expected.

I thought Guy had navigated the Dim Tim matter quite well. Even though insisting he resign immediately would have been real leadership. Now that Dim Tim has told his leader to get stuffed Guy is faced with a real test of leadership.

Think my favourite of all the Dim Tim moments (so many, so little time) was when he launched into Dan over masks during an interview which included saying how silly is it to have to wear them when driving. The look on Dim Tim's face when the interviewer said "but you don't" was magical.

Then there's the religious zealot and general thickhead, Finn, who is also happy to defy his leader. Interesting times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Matthew Guy would have every right to be extremely furious with Tim Smith's actions over the weekend, especially when you consider in a recent Age newspoll, the Coalition had halved the gap between itself and Daniel Andrews's Labor government, and all Guy had to do between now and polling day next year was to keep his team focused and disciplined. The Victorian Liberals won't beat Labor, but their only hope would be a hung parliament result.

Tim Smith has blown up whatever chance the Victorian Liberals had of regaining respect within the electorate in the run up to the 2022 state election with his car accident.

Not sure. Matt Guy did come out very early and consistently after it occurred to tell smith to walk off. It gives me hope that there will be accountability in any administration Guy leads. For me it increased the level of respect I have for Guy ( which admittedly was coming from a low base - lobster man etc)

It could be extremely wishful thinking though.

When the opposition hangs out with neo nazis… there’s a problem

The clods who posted nothing to see here when Trump flags appeared, nooses appeared, shouty Neanderthals gained notoriety must be feeling right dipsticks today. Well, those with some self-awareness and soundness of mind at least.

Yep!

Someone, please start a 'Lobster with a mobster' or some such titled thread. Poor old O'Bie deserves a peaceful time on the backbench out of the limelight so he can devote his time to saving his seat.;)

Last edited:
Back