Who were the coaches??

Remove this Banner Ad

Rodgerramjet

All Australian
Jan 18, 2002
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
I trying to find a list or perhaps someone can type the list here of all the coaches we have had since 1980 up until the present including the years that they coached.

Thanks in advance.

Having just had a read of the book "Tigerland" I can report the following:

1980-81: Tony Jewell (started in 1979)
1982-1983: Francis Bourke
1984: Mike Patterson
1985: Paul Sproule
1986-1987: tony Jewell
1988-1991: Kevin Bartlett
1992: Alan Jeans
1993-1995: John Northey
1996-1997: Robert Walls (he was sacked sometime in 1997)
1997-1999: Jeff Gieschen
2000 to now: Danny Frawley

How did I go?

Only one I am a bit fuzzy on is when Gieschen took over (age can do that to you)

Thanks Dean3

Originally posted by mighty tiges
Walls was sacked after round 17 1997 when we got flogged by adelaide by 22 goals :eek: at footy park.

A day best forgotten. :(

Walls was sacked after round 17 1997 when we got flogged by adelaide by 22 goals at footy park. We then won 4 out of the last 5 games under Gieschen as caretaker coach which got him the gig for 1998.

MT, you've probably got the facts in front of you, but i thought it was after an Essendon game. I can still remember giving Jimmy Malone a hard time about it and him running away from me lol. Maybe the Adelaide game was the catalyst, but still remember that Bombers game :(

Originally posted by froars
MT, you've probably got the facts in front of you, but i thought it was after an Essendon game. I can still remember giving Jimmy Malone a hard time about it and him running away from me lol. Maybe the Adelaide game was the catalyst, but still remember that Bombers game :(

No Froars - MT is spot on the money. I knew Walls was sacked after an Adelaide game but I couldn't remember which round.

Well, it must have been the week before or a couple of weeks before. I remember no-one was happy after that thumping by Essendon, and the boys got taken away for the week after it on some camp to re-group. Probably came back and it was the Adelaide game that did it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back