Who will be next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Those wanting to delist Thomas - why? IMO he's a best 25 prospect. If he wants to return (and he's not completely out of shape) we should persist for at least a year.

I wouldn't call myself someone that wants him de-listed but it wouldn't necessarily bother me if he is. It's probably because he hasn't played an AFL game for a long time but I'm trying to see where he fits in the pecking order and what he brings to the table and just can't see an obvious point-of-difference:

Pendlebury
Treloar
Adams
Sidebottom
Varcoe
Aish
Crisp
Greenwood
De Goey
Wills

Where does he fit in to this line-up? We've still got guys like Smith, Broomhead, Phillips and even Blair who spend some time in the middle/wings also. I think the question can be asked - what will Thomas add? Who could he push out of the line-up? Would he be fighting with Crisp, Greenwood, De Goey and Wills for a spot (I think the others probably have him covered, form pending for Aish)? All things being even I'd prefer to keep developing Crisp, De Goey and Wills and play either Greenwood or Thomas based on form.

Don't think flat-out de-listing Thomas is the right thing to do because I think he still has some value. Wouldn't be shocked if he's used in a trade to bring in another player or for points to help secure Brown or Daicos. I'd definitely prefer to keep him rather than de-list him for nothing which in practice might turn into an extra draft pick at the back-end of the draft. Will be interesting to see what he brings to the table in 2017 either way. Wouldn't mind persisting with him for a year either.

Goldsack must be on very shaky ground to be delisted. Not because of lack of form but because he can't seem to get his body right.

What might save Goldsack is there are so many other guys who need to be delisted

Swan

Toovey

Macaffer all gone

Gault - Gone

Golds - Gone

Goodyear - Could be gone

Frost - ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, easily 3. Possibly 4 or more. Pendlebury is a professional and will look after himself. Even if his weekly output drops 20% he is still top 5 on our list. You're a funny guy.
No way he will play 4 more years. He's 2 years away 2019 at absolute most. The game will pass him by by 2020.

We aren't a club like Hawthorn.
Well tell me something I don't know since you appear to have the cyrstal ball.

I am bemused by your Pendles comment. He has been incredibly durable and I for one would have no trouble parking him in forward line if it w

Remove this Banner Ad

Back