Who will be the best player in the league in five years from now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid
Walter
Jamara
JHF
Luke "sorry miss" Jackson
Sam Taylor (still)
Ollie Henry
Michito Owens
Sam Darcy

Last edited:
Sheezel could give it a shake if he actually plays forward like he did in juniors. Was a beast.

North should at least try it for a game or 2 to see how he goes.
He went fwd last year against Sydney and scored two nice goals.

We would of won if not for interchange stuff up.

JHF or Reid all things being equal.

Both already dominant on the inside with class to go with it and the ability to go forward.

Similar to Dusty/Fyfe/Danger those players are worth their weight in gold, and are generally considered to be the top liners.

Undet the caveat that they've got some inside bulls making their jobs easier, reckon all of these names are a chance with their pace & class:

• Daicos
  • Sheezel
  • Holmes
  • Gulden
  • Callaghan

Guys like Owens, Humphrey, Rachele, Henry, Watson, Pickett, etc will likely never be regarded as the best players in the comp as strike forwards...but could see them having a Nathan Brown esque "Best player in the comp for 12 weeks" argument somewhere down the line.

JHF or Reid all things being equal.

Both already dominant on the inside with class to go with it and the ability to go forward.

Similar to Dusty/Fyfe/Danger those players are worth their weight in gold, and are generally considered to the the top liners.

Undet the caveat that they've got some inside bulls making their jobs easier, reckon all of these names are a chance with their pace & class:

• Daicos
  • Sheezel
  • Holmes
  • Gulden
  • Callaghan

Guys like Owens, Humphrey, Rachele, Henry, Watson, Pickett, etc will likely never be regarded as the best players in the comp as strike forwards...but could see them having a Nathan Brown esque "Best player in the comp for 12 weeks" argument somewhere down the line.
Top post.

Disagree on Holmes.

Top post.

Disagree on Holmes.
Cheers.

It's all projection. 6'3, lightning quick, good user, knows how to find the footy.

He's a chance IMO, but will likely never have the physicality of a Reid/JHF and like Sheezel, Daicos, & Callaghan he's probably going to need a bull standing next to him.

Cheers.

It's all projection. 6'3, lightning quick, good user, knows how to find the footy.

He's a chance IMO, but will likely never have the physicality of a Reid/JHF and like Sheezel, Daicos, & Callaghan he's probably going to need a bull standing next to him.
I’ve met Holmes, he made Ollie look tiny next to him. He’s a big guy, bigger than you expect. You can see how he earns the footy despite not being musclebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this thread marked as fun Toumpy? I only engage in serious discussion.

My pick is that it will still be the GOAT Nick Daicos.

It's not too late to get involved. DM me if you want to join the fan club.
I find your ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back