Opinion Who's the best player in the competition?

Who is the best?

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Charlie Curnow

• Toby Greene

• Christian Petracca

• Jeremy Cameron

• Max Gawn

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

coughs equal most coughs

My mistake totally forgot about Curnow.

Top 5 is probably

1. Trac and Curnow
3. Bont
4. Greene
5. Naicos

Naicos would be higher if he didn’t squib, he’s actually not that great as a mid as I predicted, should be put back to HB. Been tagged twice and was worn like a glove. It’ll happen again in finals.

My mistake totally forgot about Curnow.

Top 5 is probably

1. Trac and Curnow
3. Bont
4. Greene
5. Naicos

Naicos would be higher if he didn’t squib, he’s actually not that great as a mid as I predicted, should be put back to HB. Been tagged twice and was worn like a glove. It’ll happen again in finals.
I just think Daicos is a winger, not an inside mid. Sure, he's capable of getting some clearances, but that's FAR from his strengths.
He runs all day and has a lethal kick. Why wouldn't you use those weapons and put him on the outside of stoppages? He knows how to find space and get from contest to contest. Leave the contested stuff to JDG, Pendles, Adams and Mitchell.

Harrison Petty

Hard to go past Bont in my opinion.
The way he plays is just mesmerising at times.

Trac is an absolute gun also just a typical footballers footballer.

Weitering, Taylor and Moore are probably the best three defenders in the comp - Harris Andrews seems to be a bit up and down nowadays - and deserve to be in the conversation

The way he plays is just mesmerising at times.

Trac is an absolute gun also just a typical footballers footballer.

I reckon Greene is even more the footballer's footballer.

Isn't particularly athletic, isn't tall, isn't quick, isn't even that muscular. But an incredibly brilliant pure footballer.

Bump.

After seeing this man single-handedly drag his team into the finals for the first time in a decade, it is clear that Charlie Curnow is the #1 player in the competition.

With Nick Daicos missing the last few games, I reckon Charlie should win the AFLPA MVP this year.

Charlie Curnow stands alone. And it's not even close.

Very few footballers that can single handedly win games of football.

Back to back colemans. Back to back All Australians.

Elite kick for goal. Elite mark. Elite athlete. Elite field kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Curnow deserves the title just yet. He was phenomenal today and has been incredible across this run but Bont, Petracca, even Jeremy Cameron and Greene have done it for longer.

It is a pity with Curnow that he lost more than two full seasons to injury. He is only now hitting his peak at age 26 as a result. Last year he won the Coleman but was still finding his way physically and did most of his work close to goal. We are only now seeing what he can do when he can kick 5 on one hand, but also work up the ground and dominate bringing the ball inside 50 with those 60m laser passes.

I just think Daicos is a winger, not an inside mid. Sure, he's capable of getting some clearances, but that's FAR from his strengths.
He runs all day and has a lethal kick. Why wouldn't you use those weapons and put him on the outside of stoppages? He knows how to find space and get from contest to contest. Leave the contested stuff to JDG, Pendles, Adams and Mitchell.
He'll be an inside mid. His clean hands, sharp movement and speed of mind will make him extremely damaging at stoppage and he'll still run all day and get it on the spread to dissect that way as well. At this stage of his career probably should be playing more of a mixed role though rather than purely mid as he still needs physical development.

Charlie Curnow stands alone. And it's not even close.

Very few footballers that can single handedly win games of football.

Back to back colemans. Back to back All Australians.

Elite kick for goal. Elite mark. Elite athlete. Elite field kick.

Tex Walker might feast on West Coast this week... 8 might be hard to make up though

Bump.

After seeing this man single-handedly drag his team into the finals for the first time in a decade, it is clear that Charlie Curnow is the #1 player in the competition.

With Nick Daicos missing the last few games, I reckon Charlie should win the AFLPA MVP this year.
Wow big call....

Back