Opinion Who's the best player in the competition?

Who is the best?

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Charlie Curnow

• Toby Greene

• Christian Petracca

• Jeremy Cameron

• Max Gawn

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stewart hasn't been (and shouldn't be) AA this year. Too many watch him through severely rose coloured glasses. He was absolutely atrocious on the weekend, and not for the first time this year. It underlines that defenders who zone off and rack up easy possessions are playing a far easier game than defenders who actually have to defend. He's great at the first, he's nowhere near great at the second.
He was our best player on the weekend, should be all Australian for sure.

Most of the players think that The Bont is based off interviews etc. Buddy and Danger have said this recently and a few others. He's had an unbelievable year and for a complete player it would have to be him

Most of the players think that The Bont is based off interviews etc. Buddy and Danger have said this recently and a few others. He's had an unbelievable year and for a complete player it would have to be him
The dogs’ big three of Bont Timmy and Libba are just incredible…. But Max, Clarry and Petracca match them

I reckon it’s between Trac and Bont. Leaning towards Trac. Does spray it a bit kicking for goal but he’s close to untacklable and has the most SI in the league.

Why is Jeremy Cameron in the poll?

His second half of the season has been as poor as I've seen him play in his entire career.

Based on this season so far?

I think Toby Greene has been the MVP.

Like the naughty kid who thrives when given a bit of responsibility, the expectations of captaincy have taken him to a whole new level.

Bont and Taranto also very, very good but Greene is dragging his team into finals when they probably had to reason to expect that at all this season.

Not what the thread is about.
It's exactly what this thread is about champ.

There is no correct answer on the best player in the comp - it's subjective and purely opinion of each poster. There are probably arguments for at least a dozen players - three of which are Oliver, Petracca and Gawn.

So maybe un-scrunch your panties and be part of the conversation, otherwise jog on.

Earlier this year I would have said Jeremy Cameron (easily too) …. Right now I’d have Greene, campaigner of a bloke … but awesome footballer

I voted Curnow even though I don't think he is.

Earlier in the season, I would've said Jeremy Cameron. I think he'll be polling quite well in the Brownlow in the first half of the year.
Pretty hard to go past Bont or Greene this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carrying a shoulder injury that apparently will be offseason surgery.

Before this he was easily best in league
Yeah I would have voted Cameron pre-season

Right now it's Greene, think he's had more impact than any other player this year, followed by Daicos (despite his current 2 game slump) and Curnow

Yeah I would have voted Cameron pre-season

Right now it's Greene, think he's had more impact than any other player this year, followed by Daicos (despite his current 2 game slump) and Curnow
Pretty bloody incredible a 20yo even enters discussions… despite some believing it’s a criticism saying he isn’t no 1… I think the fact he is just purely in discussions is a testament to how insanely good he is.

It's exactly what this thread is about champ.

There is no correct answer on the best player in the comp - it's subjective and purely opinion of each poster. There are probably arguments for at least a dozen players - three of which are Oliver, Petracca and Gawn.

So maybe un-scrunch your panties and be part of the conversation, otherwise jog on.

The OP asks a direct question, not my fault if you can't read champ.

Back