Who will win the 2008 AFL Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think at the moment that Geelong will play against Western Bulldogs in the Grand Final, with Geelong beating the W.Bulldogs by 4 goals.
I think Hawthorn will lose against Geelong in the Preliminary Final.

Geelong are still the team to beat. Hardly any injury troubles and even when there are, they've got so much depth it's scary. There are some challengers now like the Bulldogs and Hawthorn but they'll still take some beating come finals time.

I'm not just hoping but thinking the Bulldogs can win it. The speed and skill of the Dogs could really test the Cats. They just need to match the Cats intensity.

Isn't is funny how nearly everyone thinks Geelong, but hopes for the Dogs. Im a Dog supporter and a biased one at that, but I still think the Cats are gonna be hard to beat, mainly because they have the finals experience (like a previous poster said).

Isn't is funny how nearly everyone thinks Geelong, but hopes for the Dogs. Im a Dog supporter and a biased one at that, but I still think the Cats are gonna be hard to beat, mainly because they have the finals experience (like a previous poster said).
'Cause everyone loves the underdog…except Geelong supporters.

I think that Western Bulldogs do not have much of a chance because, they gave up after half time after been 47-all. However, if Geelong come out and thrash Hawthorn this week; Geelong will be a clear favourite for the flag.

Geelong is by far at the moment, but Adelaide and North Melbourne/ Kangaroos would have to be threats at the moment. W.Bulldogs is starting to drop and becoming tired.
Hawthorn's defensive zone is worked out, (in terms on how to beat it, Buddy's is inaccurate too). Adelaide is building form quickly and the Kangaroos may be the real deal since they beat Geelong at Skilled Stadium last year, by 16 points.

I think this Geelong side is far superior than the one which won the Grand Final last year. In fact, I reckon Geelong could easily surpass that 119 point margin that they did last year, in this year's Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will do it comfortably over either us or the Hawks, it won't matter. I'd like to see us have a crack at them in the Granny just the same.

Although most probably wish they don't I can't see it being anyone other than Geelong. Much the same as 2000 when most hoped it would be Melbourne but knew they didn't have a prayer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back