Who Will Win The 2021 Premiership

Who will win the Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The flag is the bulldogs to lose.
You must be watching a different season to me.....This Flag seems very open to whoever hits form when it matters most, I have my doubts on Melbourne ( I did even when they were flying )....But it’s certainly not unattainable for them, & there’s not much between Geelong, the Swans or you guys!

Melbourne’s forward line is no where good enough to win the big one. TMac was on the chopping block for a reason, Brown won’t win them big games and Weid is not up to it.

The backline and mids are elite but they don’t have the fire power to kick goals.

Ok let's see how they go with Keath back and Bont out

Naughton and Keath are the two most important players on our list. Bontempelli is the best but we have huge midfield depth to cover him. Dunkley, Treloar and Martin to all come back in yet.

It's the domino effect of matchups and structure that the loss of Naughton or Keath would hurt the most.

Naughton and Keath are the two most important players on our list. Bontempelli is the best but we have huge midfield depth to cover him. Dunkley, Treloar and Martin to all come back in yet.

It's the domino effect of matchups and structure that the loss of Naughton or Keath would hurt the most.
Stefan Martin is the key to the flag
Him coming in for JUH will complete your team allow English to not ruck as much

how far away is he?

I’ve been saying this all year but Keath, Naughton and the Bont are our three most important players and necessary for the flag tilt.

As you say, Keath and Naughton are elite and very important structurally.

I know our midfield bats deep, but the Bont is a one of a kind prototype and is irreplaceable. None of our other midfielders have the complete Bont package. And he is our captain.

Naughton didn't do much last night and Keath was injured and you won

Bont doesn't play and you lose

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

You are soley forming your views on 100 mins of football. A very small sample size. Basing things week-to-week and could get a job in the media with such approach. Keith is in the top 3 of our most important players. Watch all of our games this year and you'll see why.

Last edited:

You do know I base it on not just one performance but rather a seasons worth of games.

It's not just Naughtons ability as a forward but also the domino effect of effectiveness that he provides for players like Bruce, Ugle-Hagan and English up forward.

You take Bontempelli out of our midfield but put in Treloar, Dunkley and Martin back in then our midfield is stronger than what we put on the park last night.

I guess you have to ask yourself who is more important Petracca or May, Oliver or Gawn. Two of those players are in the Brownlow medal race, two are not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stefan Martin is the key to the flag
Him coming in for JUH will complete your team allow English to not ruck as much

how far away is he?
We can win it without Martin. English is performing well in the ruck and a forward line of Naughton, Bruce, Weightman, JUH is probably good enough.

I’m not confident we can win it without Keith thou.

We can win it without Martin. English is performing well in the ruck and a forward line of Naughton, Bruce, Weightman, JUH is probably good enough.

I’m not confident we can win it without Keith thou.
I’d go as far to say we can’t win it without Keath. Any combination of Cordy, Gardner, Young or Schache just wont be good enough.

I guess you have to ask yourself who is more important Petracca or May, Oliver or Gawn. Two of those players are in the Brownlow medal race, two are not.

Tbf Oliver is probably our most important but there isn't much in it between them

I also get the point of Keath & Naughton potentially being more structurally important. However there are few players who can change/decide a game in 5-10 minutes of football and that's why I couldn't go passed Bont.

Schache did a decent job Dow back in replacing Keath. But there isn't a player who could replicate Bontempellis last quarter and a bit

Geelong v dogs gf… hopefully
Dogs win

Demons forward line too weak to win a flag..McDonald and Ben brown not good enough.

Lions, port and swans simply won’t be good enough.

Eagles and bombers/gws will be out after week 1

The quality of sides this season is as weak as I can remember..the dogs and cats won’t get an easier chance to win a flag.

Would expect the GF (with the caveat that the predicted GF this far out hasn't happened for a while to be)

MV5BYTg5YzY4YWMtZDEzMC00ZGNiLTgwNzUtYjZkNmU3NTk2MGRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQTNwaW5nZXN0._V1_.jpg

Hard to pick the favourite there. Geelong have the recent form and if/when Cameron + Duncan get back they'll have no weaknesses, but a Treloar + Dunkley led midfield would be hard to stop, and the Dogs in that circumstance would be an attacking machine.

Back