• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
OK finals are upon us.
The 8 is set.
Tiges raging favourites with the Bookies at $2.50 followed by the Pies and Eagles.

Well all know the last two Premiers were not the favourites going in to the finals series.

So the question is simple:
Can someone take down the Tiges in the next 6 weeks?
If so, who?

Last edited:

I’ve had Richmond daylight above everyone else from preseason and nothing has really changed my thinking. I feel like teams have been catching up on them lately though, they haven’t been as convincing over the past month and maybe they aren’t invincible. Not sure if I’m trying to talk myself into it.

West Coast have looked their main challenger but without Naitanui and Gaff I can’t see them winning it all. Collingwood have passed the eye test and full strength I’d give them a chance but it’s hard to see how they can win it all with so many players unavailable.

Think GWS might be the best challenger if they get their players back. Will be tough from outside the top four but can see them gathering momentum if they win the first final and they might be tough to stop from there.

Of all the sides I don’t want to play, it’s Melbourne.
The last 3 times we played they have been far better for long periods. We won by 5 goals last year but were absolutely smashed in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and everyone knows this year’s stories.
I predict we play them week 1 and hopefully it’s all mental with them but I would back us in for a GF after that.
I don’t rate many sides other than Richmond but Melbourne really should be better.

Of all the sides I don’t want to play, it’s Melbourne.
The last 3 times we played they have been far better for long periods. We won by 5 goals last year but were absolutely smashed in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and everyone knows this year’s stories.
I predict we play them week 1 and hopefully it’s all mental with them but I would back us in for a GF after that.
I don’t rate many sides other than Richmond but Melbourne really should be better.

Collingwood?

The club that has the best finals series deserves it obviously.

My tip at this stage is the Eagles though, beating the Tigers in the GF.

The Hawks and the Cats could go deep at their best, as can the Swans on recent form.

I'm a bit old school and think it's hard for a playing group to enter finals for the first time and win the flag. So I'm not favouring the Pies and Demons this year.

Sadly we're screwed. Lack of continuity in the playing group and a tough ask from outside the top 4 will do for us. We'll play out the year as best we can and reset for another tilt next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.Tigers deserve favouritism.

2.Demons have that Dogs 16 smell about them, and given their last was 64, it would be a popular win.

3.The team I love watching is Collingwood. They have a deep and very talented list- their current outs would be top 10 in any team-and the way they play is how it should be played imho.

4. Never write off the Swans or Hawks

5. GWS and WCE are getting depleted

6. Geelong-I refuse to admit we are in finals yet- one week at a time.

Cats from 8th :thumbsu:
tenor.gif

Collingwood, fingers crossed , toes crossed , arms crossed , legs crossed

If not , bloody Hawthorn will beat Richmond in the Grand Final , Clarkson is plotting the tigers downfall and he will more than likely do it I feel if they both get there.

Tigers are very well deserved favourites. Of all the other teams I honestly think the Cats are as good a chance as any to beat Richmond. They have shown that they can give it a real shake at the G. Very skilful, quick hands, a good midfield and Hawkins up front. Kelly, an incredible talent seemingly out of nowhere. At the very least Geelong will make it to a Preliminary final. Collingwood also have a game style that could upset the Tigers if they are a bit off their best.

Melbourne , lost a lot of close games this season like Richmond last year.

WC are depleting. When we were 1st we had all our stars fit and firing. Kennedy and Darlo were unstoppable. Now...our 4 best players are injured and the rest arent stepping up. Tigers should do it.

There's absolutely no chance of Geelong winning the flag.
If we beat Gold Coast next week to consolidate a spot in the finals then we are a chance, as are the seven other teams. We could well be the least likely, but a chance nonetheless. No amount of hoping otherwise will change that fact, much to your chagrin I'm afraid. :)

Back