Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

you saying martin doesnt deserve 3 flags? if we win theres a high chance he wins the norm smith and probably the gary aeyres(?) medal too, and with 3 norm smiths and 3 of the gary medal, theres a good objective argument that he's the best finals player theres ever been. you cant begrudge a player of that quality success. especially since for the last 6 or so years hes been totally clean off field, and doesnt have the smug arrogance of players like dangerfield to hate.
Not at all mate, I don't reckon your side is short of 'unlikeable' types of players as well but if you guys win it will be well and truly deserved - a little bit of tongue in cheek on my part. Will be a fierce contest I reckon, looking forward to it :thumbsu:

Going to be a cracker - for whatever reason I don’t feel like it will be close, whoever wins.

Not sure why, feel like 2 different styles going at it, one team will win by 5 goals.

Nil chance of that
There were way more Cats fans last night than I expected. I thought it would be barely a peep and all we'd hear is Lions fans but there were a lot of Cats fans. Didnt realise Geelong would have so many members up there, if that was the case.

you saying martin doesnt deserve 3 flags? if we win theres a high chance he wins the norm smith and probably the gary aeyres(?) medal too, and with 3 norm smiths and 3 of the gary medal, theres a good objective argument that he's the best finals player theres ever been. you cant begrudge a player of that quality success. especially since for the last 6 or so years hes been totally clean off field, and doesnt have the smug arrogance of players like dangerfield to hate.

I wouldn't worry dude, 99% of Dusty hate is either neck tatts or talent. He's a genuine stud player.

Give me smug arrogance over threatening to kill a woman with chopsticks. Thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we aren’t getting 80% votes here. Did we not dominate them recently?

We were coming off a 5 day break compared to your 12 day break - and hadn’t you won 15 or so in a row v Brisbane before the QF?

Clearly history is no predictor of what will happen next week. Richmond fans have reason to be confident but so do we.

We were coming off a 5 day break compared to your 12 day break - and hadn’t you won 15 or so in a row v Brisbane before the QF?

Clearly history is no predictor of what will happen next week. Richmond fans have reason to be confident but so do we.

only the last 3 encounters are relevant I guess. Lions should have been a lot closer in the mid season game. I’m thinking cats being older and slower is the reason we controlled the last game. See what happens but I’m feeling a lot more confident than Chris Scott:p

Last edited:
Name a side that hasn't increased since 2010, and name a side who doesn't increase after a flag?
The Richmond "bandwagon" rubbish is just a myth by salty jealous opposition supporters.

Eagles 2010, 44,000..... 2019, pre flag and Optus access, 90,000.... 2020, 100,000, two team town post flag, needing access to Optus stadium.... bandwagoners?

Don't attempt to talk logic to VicBased, he conveniently ignores the facts. I bet my bottom dollar every club in the land increased their membership numbers over that time. In 2016 we finished towards the bottom and still increased our membership numbers.
We hadn't won zip between 2013-2016 and still increased our membership tally by 12 thousand.

Of course, when you win a flag you will convert more supporters, pies did that between 2009-2013 added 33,000.
If you look at our attendances we have always been up there because even if not buying memberships, our fans were paying at the gate hence high up in attendances. Memberships especially in the last decade are becoming the norm and it's about converting your base into shelling out money instead of paying at the gate. We have done that, kudos to our membership dept.

2020 we have not gone to one game and still hit 100K that's not a bandwagoner, those people don't shell out money for no reason. That's loyalty.
My family's $1500 membership money is a donation this year.

2013 – 60,321
2014 – 66.122
2015 – 70,809
2016 – 72,278

Last edited:
Back