Why are there no games on FTA TV on a Saturday afternoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

The timeslot doesn't rate very well, for one thing. Part of the reason for this is because 10 year olds and their parents are out of the house doing stuff on a Saturday afternoon (including attending games, be it at grassroots or AFL level), the way it should be.

Also, there's always a Saturday arvo state league game on free-to-air, that's football too ya know. And Victoria aside, there are FTA games on in every market if it involves one of the local teams.

People shouldn't have to pay to watch footy or cricket on tv IMO. Not everyone has spare cash in the budget and pay tv is a luxury

As are computers, iPads, mobile phones, ISP deals, game consoles and the games and accessories required for them. One FTA channel will never ever broadcast 9 games every weekend for 22 weeks.

Shouldn't have to give that piece of s**t Murdoch money just to watch any team play during the traditional footy timeslot.
That peice of s**t paid the market price for those rights which the AFL was only too happy to accept.

Perhaps the AFL should accept less money to give exclusive rights to FTA channels? It’s a sincere question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buy foxtel. It’s not that much money ffs

Buy the streaming pack and chrome cast it along with all the other s**t it offers
People should not have to pay to watch at least one bloody game of footy on Saturday.

Buy foxtel. It’s not that much money ffs

Buy the streaming pack and chrome cast it along with all the other s**t it offers

I'm confused. I have given up smashed avocado and coffees because the politicians said it was stopping me from affording a house. Now that i pay for foxtell, do i still get a house?

1. The kids are out playing soccer.

2. Parents are watching their kids play soccer.

3. Were gearing up to win the World Cup hence why everyone is playing/watching soccer

4. No one would watch the games as, you guessed it, soccer.

Don't know what you are complaining about the sanfl game on was top quality viewing /s
It seems every year yet another game is either taken off from air, delayed, or replaced with the state league.

No one was watching it. So Channel Seven ditched it cause it was too expensive.
Because it was delayed to finish at 6pm for their s**t news.

In protest of this I always make sure to switch to channel 9 news at 6pm Sunday if I'm watching the 3pm 7 game on Sunday.

It's amazing I grew up with no FTA game on TV on Saturday afternoon. All we had was 90 minutes of the 2 games of the day from 6pm to 7.30pm. Not even Saturday night game to go with.

I'm actually amazed anyone was interested in the game considering all these factors.

No games on FTA tv, Saturday afternoon in Adelaide. Is it the same in Victoria/everywhere else? It doesn't really bother me as I have foxtel, but having no games on a Saturday afternoon is a good way to lose kids from being interested in the game.

Do you think the AFL 'corporates' care more about kids seeing games, or their kickbacks from pay TV?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back