Why hasnt there been more pressure on st kilda over the years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep saints and dees are the 2 vic clubs in the worst financial position

But Caro has a small brain so sees us playing games in tassie already and it springs to her mind that we should move there for good when it’s been made abundantly clear that will never happen, it will always be a 4 game max deal for us or no deal at all
i think theres more to it then that ... i really feel someone at North some time has put her nose out of joint and she takes a great pleasure in linking north to any merge or relocation story ... its tired and boring ... North fans are not going to let their club die ... and the s**t fight that it causes is that you have saints fans hoping its not them so they push the relocate north agenda, North fans dont want it to be them so they push the reloacte saints agenda ...

rubbish .... totally made up bullshit.... your club lives of the scraps of the big brother club down the road in a two club state you would expect the distribution to be about 50 50 WCE to Freo fans .. its not even close to that .... Freo have a bigger fan base then a few Melbourne clubs purely because they are the other choice in WA ...
lets look at it this way ... outside of WA how many members do you think Fremantle have ... out side of Victoria how many members do you think St Kilda have, North have, WB have ??
passionate supporter base is laughable passion isnt screaming like a dickhead when your team is winning passionate fans are fans rattling tins to keep the club alive passionate fans are fans who turn up year in year out regardless of results ... Freo have members who are only members because WCE have a wait list ... passion my ass
Um... really? Oh and gotta love the anger that comes out of your posts! :)

Lets look at the 1st Bolded and highlighted bits..... Do freo live of the scraps of the big brother with the yellow and blue t shirt down the road? Partially true. but thats not the full story. Ok the Distribution may not be 50-50. Ok lets say approximately 60-40. Sounds right?

Yes I agree, Freo have a bigger supporter base than some Vic Clubs due to being the other Choice in WA. That is also true.

As I said..... There are 2.5 million people in WA and 2 AFL clubs in that State. Meanwhile, there are 6 million People in Victoria. Theres 10 AFL clubs in the state of Victoria too.

Now for the 2nd bolded bit. 1st off, did you know back in 2001 when freo finished bottom, they lost $2.5 million that year? Did you also know that by the end of 2001, they were $8.1 million in debt? Thats acutally true. By the Middle of 2009, we cleared the debt and had 5 million in cash reserves.

You are Partially true about a Fair bit of Freo members are ex eagles members. I wont dent that one.

But heres the thing...... Go back to 1987. West Coast came into the VFL/AFL. You Tell me how many West coast fans supported East freo and South Freo in the WAFL?

Then Fremanlte joins the comp in 1995, So where did these new fans come from?

-Yes some of those Fremantle fans were former West Coast eagles fans and joined freo as they entered the comp

-Some hated west coast in the AFL and Supported Freo and joined up with them.

-Some east freo and south freo members that joined or not west coast in 1987, decided to follow freo in 1995.

-Claremont supporters who love Gerrard Neesham as he won flags for them in the WAFL in 1987, 1989, 1991 and 1993. Neesham was freos 1st coach and Some Claremont fans joined freo as they liked him and his players. No Different to Glenelg legend Graham Cornes, Who was the Crows 1st coached in 1991. Cornes previous job as a glenelg coach from 1985-1990 and he brought in a few Glenelg players in that crows squad in 1991. Crows 1st captain was Chris McDermott, who was Glenelg captain in 1989-90 before he as captain for the crows in 1991.

Being a 2nd WA team aside. Freo having a passionate supporter base is impressvie. Finals in only 7 years out of 25.

You try and crap on my teams supporter base.... Dumb move. :)

i think theres more to it then that ... i really feel someone at North some time has put her nose out of joint and she takes a great pleasure in linking north to any merge or relocation story ... its tired and boring ... North fans are not going to let their club die ... and the s**t fight that it causes is that you have saints fans hoping its not them so they push the relocate north agenda, North fans dont want it to be them so they push the reloacte saints agenda ...

Caro has been trying to kill/relocate North as I long as I can remember her writing about anything.

I don't believe it started as recently as James Brayshaw being Chairman, but he took her to task over it and she's had an additional bee in her bonnet since.

Luckily for the rest of the comp we paid off Etihad for you so Gil can now borrow against it to fund the league

Ahhh you didn't by yourselves.

Us, the Dogs and even Carlton put a great deal in too.

In seriousness I am genuinely worried about my own club. Current board doesn’t inspire me at all since Jackson left, we got out of pokies then made a loss in the millions last year. I don’t think we’ll fold over this hiatus (Dont think any club will) but in the next couple of years the pressure on the MFC will be enormous.

In seriousness I am genuinely worried about my own club. Current board doesn’t inspire me at all since Jackson left, we got out of pokies then made a loss in the millions last year. I don’t think we’ll fold over this hiatus (Dont think any club will) but in the next couple of years the pressure on the MFC will be enormous.

Why not make the Melbourne Football Club Heritage Listed/Part of The National Trust, so that there is no way that the government will let them go under.

Pretty sure there would be a special precedent for Melbourne, being the oldest, established professional football club in the world.

The Dees will be fine at any rate, I used to live around Kew way, and most of the rich toffs there are Old School Tie Dees fans.

Clubs will affulent supporter bases will be fine, which is why I think North are the most vulnerable out of the Victorian Clubs unfortunately.

Even St Kilda has its fair share of Millionaire supporters

Why not make the Melbourne Football Club Heritage Listed/Part of The National Trust, so that there is no way that the government will let them go under.

Because the Melbourne Football Club isn't a place and therefore can't be heritage listed or a part of the National Trust.

Yep saints and dees are the 2 vic clubs in the worst financial position

But Caro has a small brain so sees us playing games in tassie already and it springs to her mind that we should move there for good when it’s been made abundantly clear that will never happen, it will always be a 4 game max deal for us or no deal at all

St kilda is in a shocking state financially, but don't pretend North are even remotely close to being stable. Their only major asset is a lease on land they don't own, their cash is entirely income received in advance and it doesn't even cover their immediate payables.

Melbourne appear to actually own land they could sell, so seem to be in slightly better shape.

St kilda is in a shocking state financially, but don't pretend North are even remotely close to being stable. Their only major asset is a lease on land they don't own, their cash is entirely income received in advance and it doesn't even cover their immediate payables.

Melbourne appear to actually own land they could sell, so seem to be in slightly better shape.

Indeed.

Many North fans seem to confuse being in a better state than they were with being in a good state.

Better than awful != good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone should be.

For all the pissing contests going on here, ALL clubs (and the league) are going to struggle.

My club for example...We've had a good few years, and those in charge invested the profits from our good years as a wise club administration should....Except we invested in gyms and similar recreation facilities, which are all shut down and will now be giving us even bigger losses (maintenance, skeleton staff).

Do we have enough resources to get through? I certainly hope so, but I'd be lying if I said it was a sure thing.

Even once we get back to playing, clubs wont be out of the woods. Revenues wont spring back instantly, and many clubs will be carrying substantial debts from creditors who will also be struggling, and thus needing money.

Lol, we aren't brain dead and completely naive ffs

Not ALL of you perhaps...but going by most comments from North supporters about the club's financial state, well...My comment stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back