Cameron_K

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 23, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Texans
Everyone jumped on the Freo fans when they boo'd the decision to give Judd the Rosco medal last year but every single home game the eagles play the crowd does this when one of the stars from the opposition gets the ball, Today it was Aker.

You don't see it every week from other clubs. I understand their are certain players that get under the skin of opposition supporters but its becoming pathetic especially when the same supporters then call up the radio complaining about the exact same thing they do.

Can one of the Eagles supporters on here please tell me why medders was booed. I get that he used to play for us but if its because of that shouldnt we be the ones booing? . . .

Everyone jumped on the Freo fans when they boo'd the decision to give Judd the Rosco medal last year but every single home game the eagles play the crowd does this when one of the stars from the opposition gets the ball, Today it was Aker.

You don't see it every week from other clubs. I understand their are certain players that get under the skin of opposition supporters but its becoming pathetic especially when the same supporters then call up the radio complaining about the exact same thing they do.

Do they put it on the big screen???? Boo now????

Maybe cos of the huge headline on the back page of yesterday's West Australian:

Aker says he has
No Sympathy for Ben.

They're affronted that someone reckons Ben has only himself to blame for the position he is in (how dare anyone say that about the Prince of Perth... :rolleyes: ).

(The strangest part was that the headline was in purple and red FFS - talk about insighting the hatred beteen the two WA clubs when the "Aker says" part was the small print, then the "No Sympathy" part was red on a purple background above a colour picture of the Dockers at training wearing their purple haze training guenseys... My thought was 'Oh jeebus, who from Freo was dumb enough to wade into that??". It all points to being said by a Freo player, then you look closely and see the article is about Aker... :mad: )

(The strangest part was that the headline was in purple and red FFS - talk about insighting the hatred beteen the two WA clubs when the "Aker says" part was the small print, then the "No Sympathy" part was red on a purple background above a colour picture of the Dockers at training wearing their purple haze training guenseys... My thought was 'Oh jeebus, who from Freo was dumb enough to wade into that??". It all points to being said by a Freo player, then you look closely and see the article is about Aker... :mad: )

Jesus wept. What.

People on here are really getting desperate now. It's kinda sad.

Can one of the Eagles supporters on here please tell me why medders was booed. I get that he used to play for us but if its because of that shouldnt we be the ones booing? . . .

Maybe for the same reason that you always boo Gehrig at Subi

As for Aker getting booed today... maybe there were a lot of Lethal's relatives at Subi watching the game :)

Jesus wept. What.

Simple. Usually headlines about your mob are in bluenyella, and the ones about Freo are often printed in purple and white (sometimes red). Yesterday the headline background was purple and the headline said in large red letters "No Sympathy for Ben". Underneath the headline was a picture of the Freo boys at training.

At first glance, before reading the small print, it appeared for all intents and purposes that someone from Fremantle had made the comment. Then when one went ahead and read the fine print, it became evident that the article was about what Aker said - nothing to do with Fremantle whatsoever. The use of the colours purple and red was very misleading as it would follow that the reader would most likely assume that the comment had been made by someone from the Fremantle Football Club, which in fact, was not the case. My initial thought was "who from Freo was that dumb to make a comment - just keep your mouths shut and concentrate on your own game." Then I saw the fine print and thought, "oh it was Aker"...

I put it to you, that given the vitriolic nature of exchanges between our two clubs over the past 2-3 weeks, that the headline was printed in purple and red to deliberately mislead the public, and thus exacerbate the bad feeling between the two Western Australian clubs.

Get it now? :)

People on here are really getting desperate now. It's kinda sad.

You don't think that devoted WCE supporters would have been pissed off enough at Aker for speaking out against Cousins, that they would boo him?? Even I thought - "bloody numbnut Aker, way to go getting the crowd off-side just before you play their team by making a comment like that."

Why else would they have booed him? :confused:

You don't think that devoted WCE supporters would have been pissed off enough at Aker for speaking out against Cousins, that they would boo him?? Even I thought - "bloody numbnut Aker, way to go getting the crowd off-side just before you play their team by making a comment like that."

Why else would they have booed him? :confused:

i think its probably how he treated his old club the last year. dont be surprised if the eagles arent one eyed. the way how the aker saga panned out was horrible for the brisbane lions.

Oh well.

Everytime Aker was booed by people around me today - I cheered. Always a fan of him and always will be.

I also have no problem booing people like Medhurst whose opinions of how good a footballer they are is far and away above their actual ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They booed Fev the other week.. Let's boo the coleman medallist because he's so good yeah what a prick how dare he be so good

Well, when Fev does more of the goal kicking and less of the umpire whingeing while the ball's still in play behind him, people's opinions of him might rise just a little bit...

They booed Fev the other week.. Let's boo the coleman medallist because he's so good yeah what a prick how dare he be so good

Well he was rubbish in that game :) .
Maybe he got booed because he spends more time looking at the umpires than at the ball.

Fair dinkum, his bottom lip sticks out further than his chin.

ask the bulldog fans about the reception we gave Rohan Smith last year

you know your just jealous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back