Will we miss finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

We just cant play tough football
Agree mostly, but "can't" is not the same as "don't".
We just don't play tough footy. Greenwood, Laird, Lever, Sloane excepted.
The mystery is why we don't. We've got some big-bodies blokes and a few with obvious mongrel. CC springs to mind, seems to have a chip on his shoulder, why not tell him to let it out on Game Day?

Easy mate, I wasn't having a go at you. No woz.
Suggesting we have a good chance of making the finals is different from stating that we will make the finals. At 9-4, with at least 10 teams breathing down each others' necks, plus our poor form, it's a bold statement. Not silly. Bold.
I'll reiterate it is hardly a bold statement to say we will make the finals.

We are 2 games plus huge percentage ahead of 9th, with 9 games to go.

We won't be dropping out of the finals race, which is the topic of this thread.

However, if we continue playing the way we are, we won't be threatening the flag, which would be a waste after our start.

The coaching staff must address the team balance now & the players must address their attitude now... If we are to get back on track.

They are vs Bulldogs, Swans, Cats, ferals.
"Most" means 3 out of 4.
I'll be delighted if we win 3 out of those 4 at home, because since the NM debacle we've lost 2 out of 4 at home.

Probably a good idea :thumbsu:.
The 6-0 start is HISTORY, the 4-3 losing pattern since is also history, but our 9 wins so far are a solid base to make finals. You'd agree we need to lift, wouldn't you?
Absolutely!

See my last post.

No we will play finals, lets not be all doom and gloom. Not sweeping the garbage of Thursday under the carpet but we have to move on. The next 4 games will show what this team is all about starting off with Carlton this week, expected win, won 6 of our last 8 at the MCG no excuse. Bulldogs at home, bulldogs in Adelaide don't go together especially against us, their not in the greatest form either so we should win that as well. Melbourne and Geelong are the two games that will show what this team is all about. Will they stand up and take it to them or fall apart again. Just gotta have faith and not all be negative. a week is a long time in football, things can change rapidly.

Yeah, I like that.
I'm guilty of having a good old whinge/gripe last few days, but only when we can see how many mistakes are being repeated. It's immensely frustrating.
Sloane needs team protection, or move him forward or to half-back again and put more miles into Greenwood.
Some body, SOMEBODY please-pretty-please get inside their heads (eg on-field, game-time leaders) and tell them that when they get 3 or 4 goals up, that's the time to push harder. Not relax. My most repeated whinge is their we-should-win-this complacency before a game (yokking around, having a laugh before first bounce --- I mean, where's the intent/concentration ffs?) and during a game (Melbourne, 28 points up, annihilated after that --- Hawks, 3 goals up, belted after that).

And THAT'S what shits me to tears!
Get McGovern back and leave Greenwood in the middle goes a way to fixing some of this.
I was at the Hawks game and you could almost see it coming despite the late goals before 1/2 time.
Would almost have been better if we had NEVER been in front.

Sportsbet has us @ $21 to miss the 8....

kramer-betting.jpg

Melbourne and Geelong are the two games that will show what this team is all about. W

Why does that fall on the Melbourne and Geelong games and NOT on the Carlton/Dogs games or the game from last Thursday night?
What's the difference?
17th or not, Hawthorn have been a benchmark for fitness, skill and mongrel toughness for 5+ years. They also got back 4 Premiership players with nearly 800 games experience between them for that match, plus they have THE best coach in the league. What we needed to do was steel ourselves for a helluva fight, then thrash them at home to send a message to the rest of the Comp.
Specifically: "Paying attention? The bye's over and we're back!!! Come to Adelaide and expect to get belted".

We don't have to wait for the Melb/Cats games. This mob of Crows did "show what this team is all about". Last Thursday.
THAT is why it was sooo disappointing.

Again, I hate being pessimistic, but we will neither win this week, nor any other game this season. We have been worked out, and our players simply do not care enough to turn the ship around. If we get within 3 goals of the Blues I will be amazed. The bleakness of the last 20 years is going to continue indefinietly...

Again, I hate being pessimistic, but we will neither win this week, nor any other game this season. We have been worked out, and our players simply do not care enough to turn the ship around. If we get within 3 goals of the Blues I will be amazed. The bleakness of the last 20 years is going to continue indefinietly...
Three posts since 2007 and all pretty much like this.

One hell of a long game you are playing.. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After being unpublished for 10 years you now have four posts in a microsecond, all pouring s**t on the Crows.

On a completely unrelated subject :rolleyes:, has anyone seen any of the Alexes lately?

Last edited:
After being unpublished for 10 years you now have four posts in a microsecond, all pooring s**t on the Crows.

Well.. there are reasons for the 10 year absence...but the reason for the similar posts is that I have not felt this disillusioned as a Crows supporter since, well, forever. What ever changes? I have been to every losing prelim, every losing semi and told myself keep the faith, we will get better and one season the stars will align. But it hasnt happened. The straw eventually breaks on us all.

Wow!!! That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard or read all week and I've been bantering with PAP supporters all day and you know what they're like........cheer up dude that is way waaaaaay over the top.

Pity you haven't been around when we were really playing poorly, missing the finals... as you could have cheered us up no end! ;)

We'll likely limp into the finals with a fit and full list and do nothing.
Ps I hope something unexpected happens and we win th flag, but hand on heart I can not see it happening.

Our only hope of seeing genuine, long lasting cultural change is if something really drastic happens i.e. Port win the premiership. Go Port Power!

Agree!!
I wouldn't renew Pykes contract past next year. But who do you go and get?

I would 100% renew his contract, as with the list we currently have, this is the best we can do.

Sucks, but you need gun midfielders to compete, and we simply don't have them.

Our only hope of seeing genuine, long lasting cultural change is if something really drastic happens i.e. Port win the premiership. Go Port Power!

You would think our coach being murdered a few years ago would have counted as "something really drastic" happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back