Society/Culture Will you take a Covid 19 vaccination that is rushed through approval in 4 months?

Would you be happy to take the vaccine along with your children?

• Yes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No but im an anti-vaxer so my view doesnt really count.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
If a vaccine was developed this month it would take about 12-18 months to be approved given all the various human testing that would be required to prove it is safe for humans and has no adverse side affects.

if governments however tried to bend those approval processes and rush through a vaccine to be ready in 4 months that is not properly tested would you take it (and give it to your children if you had them)?

Note 1) that children and most under 40s are largely unaffected by the virus but we wont know for sure if there are adverse consequences of the vaccine given it was rushed through approval processes. We have no idea which approval processes were bended and how much as governments wouldnt tell us in reality.

the vote is anonymous.

Regular flu has killed shitload of Aussies. That got the flux vac..

Not quite.

A flu vax doesn't immunize you against "the flu", it immunizes you against specific strains of the flu

Each year CSL make a punt, they look at the northern winter, and guestimate which strains of flu we will have. The vax is then made of 2-5 strains.

That's great and works if CSL predict the right strain. It's useless if they tag the wrong ones (as has happened a couple of times)

Not in 4 months as the risks are unknown but sure in 24-36 months

However, I probably would have caught it by then and my immunity would have done its job or not.

So it becomes redundant by then

Risk/reward analysis...I'd take a vaccine that's still at phase I testing.

At my age and physical health, no as I would back my body to beat it. If I was above 70 and had a pre-existing condition putting me in a high risk category, then a definite yes as the stupidity of the typical Australian will leave me at risk of catching the thing no matter how much I tried to be cautious.

Regular flu has killed shitload of Aussies. That got the flux vac..

A bitter truth is those with chemical powered immune systems dropping like flies. This is a basic common cold to those with functioning immune systems. The More pharmaceuticals you take, the higher the risk. That's been shown by studies on 1800 dead in Italy. If all this talk. Of vaccinations and cures settles people anxiety, then that's a positive thing. But they can't vaccinate against this. What they can do is start teaching people preventive health measures for the health complications that this virus exploits. Educate people about how they can control thier own health.

8f your diabetic and don't change your diet, consume pharmaceuticals so you can keep eating s**t, it's not this common cold that kills you..

A bitter truth is those with chemical powered immune systems dropping like flies. This is a basic common cold to those with functioning immune systems. The More pharmaceuticals you take, the higher the risk. That's been shown by studies on 1800 dead in Italy. If all this talk. Of vaccinations and cures settles people anxiety, then that's a positive thing. But they can't vaccinate against this. What they can do is start teaching people preventive health measures for the health complications that this virus exploits. Educate people about how they can control thier own health.

8f your diabetic and don't change your diet, consume pharmaceuticals so you can keep eating s**t, it's not this common cold that kills you..

Most of the dead didnt die because they had been vaccinated. Most of the dead died because they had pre-existing medical conditions. Which is why they needed medicines. Because they were sick, or very sick.

Which scented candles will you be using to ward off the coronavirus germs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is worthy mentioning the vax will only work if you can't get the virus twice. Further it also assumes a vax will be successful.

Would you rather catch corona now when your fit and healthy or old and vulnerable?

Balancing this, corona will likely decrease in potency in time just like it's sister coronas of the past.

Can we keep the anti vaxxer bs on the conspiracy board?

We could , yet I was continuing the discussion from 'wisegeek' , on the covid 19 thread, in regards to measles vax.

I wasn't aware it was that dangerous to children and people with skin conditions.

Should we class this as solid science or conspiracy?

I've also been binge watching pandemic like half the population

Last edited:
We could yet I was continuing the discussion from 'wisegeek' , on the covid 19 thread in regards to measles vax.

I wasn't aware it was that dangerous to children and people with skin conditions.

Should we class this as solid science or conspiracy?

I've also been binge watching pandemic like have the population

All good dude, around here measles vaccine discussions normally focus solely on the autism myth, it's nice to discuss an actual real side effect

Fwiw I was unaware of the skin issue. I'd only heard about immune deficiency and some allergies as being the main no go's

Back