Review Win’s a win: Freo in a grind over the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

The thread title sums it up perfectly.

Take the 4 points and move on to the next game.

I know we set a high bar for him but Jye looked out of sorts last night.

Still managed 2.2 though which speaks volumes.

I think he is carrying a leg problem from the push into the goal post round 1.

First Dolly the sheep
Now MJ
When do we roll out the Pav reincarnate?
I know for a fact there is a secret lab under the old Fre Oval grandstand cloning Boys From Freo!

Gerard Neesham is the director and the head Doctor is Ken Withers.

Next cab off the rank is CLIVE! who is is now alive.

Kepler is proving difficult as his DNA is all over the place and proving difficult to extract.

Pav is after the Prince of Pockets and Kicketty!

Two bottom 10 teams and a really undercooked Brisbane... Tough start? Guess he's hiding how bad that game was.
Mate Ross Lyon ain’t coming back, in fact if he had coached this game you’d be spanking yourself stupid about how well he did to hold last years highest scoring team to 4 goals.
You seriously want this club to lose games so you become relevant, bizarre.

Mate Ross Lyon ain’t coming back, in fact if he had coached this game you’d be spanking yourself stupid about how well he did to hold last years highest scoring team to 4 goals.
I think you have Brades confused with someone else, he has never been positive.

If you go searching I'm sure sure you will find that every post he made circa 2012 to 2017 would be about Dangerfield being overrated..

Anyway what's the story with O'Brien being allowed to run under centre bounces line and block Jackson's jump? I think it got called once but the other 10 were identical..
I think we saw that having Darcy as that point of difference in the centre ruck will be advantageous.

It would have been nice if it was called a bit more. Whatever O’Brien was doing caused LJ to continuously jump early.

O’Brien was effective in the centre rucks and boundary throw ins but around the ground was invisible. A number of times Jackson paddling the ball in front and flicking out a handball.

Having Darcy to bang up against the likes of O’Brien etc. can only be a positive for mine.

There was a moment with Hughes on Rankin one on one inside their fifty near the boundary, I was expecting the worst but Hughes beat him and I think got the ball out for a throw in, job done!

Would be interested to stats on how many goals Hughes (and other defenders)has conceded to his opponent game by game. Is that a stat that’s accessible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have Brades confused with someone else, he has never been positive.

If you go searching I'm sure sure you will find that every post he made circa 2012 to 2017 would be about Dangerfield being overrated..
Brades is the classic pessimist ; occasionally right but never happy.

I don't want Ross back. I can't see why I'm not allowed to have a critical opinion. Be honest were you actually happy with the style of game yesterday? or any of the games so far. We're the 4th lowest I50 team and there's still 5 games left in the round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we saw that having Darcy as that point of difference in the centre ruck will be advantageous.

It would have been nice if it was called a bit more. Whatever O’Brien was doing caused LJ to continuously jump early.

O’Brien was effective in the centre rucks and boundary throw ins but around the ground was invisible. A number of times Jackson paddling the ball in front and flicking out a handball.

Having Darcy to bang up against the likes of O’Brien etc. can only be a positive for mine.
This is the key to the SwagDog™ partnership that seems completely lost on the 'experts'

Only thing worse than winning a poor game is losing it.

A poor Fremantle team would find a way to lose.

This is an improving team with a fair degree of up side.

I thought Sharp was not very good, but GC must have known he was going and deliberately wasted him. You wonder why they didn’t trade a year ago and get something for him.

You are being a bit harsh when you expect a 20 yo Amiss to take the game by the throat every week.

Nobody is trying to say we are the best team in the comp or that we are a finished product. There is a lot of improvement in this team. But, watch users like Bradesmaen congratulate themselves when we lose a game so they can claim they were right all along.

Also, I guess some people missed JL’s presser where he said we deliberately tried to make the game an arm wrestle to stifle Adelaide (a very high scoring team).

Emmett was more than solid. Very busy early, helping apply pressure and linking up in some good transitions. Began to run out of puff as the game wore on. It'd be pretty tough cut to apply.

I like his attitude and high energy but I’m just pointing out that the coaches subbed him off, so obviously thought he was dispensable and if Simpson kicks a bag, Emmett is in danger but I’m tipping no changes next week especially playing in his home state he will play well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't want Ross back. I can't see why I'm not allowed to have a critical opinion. Be honest were you actually happy with the style of game yesterday? or any of the games so far. We're the 4th lowest I50 team and there's still 5 games left in the round.
And we're the 2nd Best team for efficiency i50 so what's your point? Rather be Brisbane who's top 5 in i50s and bottom five in scoring?

And we're the 2nd Best team for efficiency i50 so what's your point? Rather be Brisbane who's top 5 in i50s and bottom five in scoring?
Rather be attacking and unlucky than defensive and lucky. His ball up set up has 1 person on the attacking side and 5 on the defending... that says it all about how he just doesnt want to have a score kicked against him. Doesn't work against the elite in the finals.

Generated 24 scoring shots.

Was actually reasonably pleased with the game style.

Execution was a little scratchy.

Sonny and Jye missed 6 or so between them they normally bury.

Thought we actually put in 4 quarters.

O’Brien is the big body type Luke struggles with, but would’ve liked him to be more active around the ground to compensate

Caleb looked very sore to me. 8 day break going to be very handy

Only thing worse than winning a poor game is losing it.

A poor Fremantle team would find a way to lose.

This is an improving team with a fair degree of up side.

I thought Sharp was not very good, but GC must have known he was going and deliberately wasted him. You wonder why they didn’t trade a year ago and get something for him.

You are being a bit harsh when you expect a 20 yo Amiss to take the game by the throat every week.
The game was definitely there to lose in the fourth when Crows kicked 2 points in the first 6 minutes.
Should have been goals and would have given them the lead!
We didnt let them score again!
And kicked the next four!
Yokai!

I’m stoked with how we are playing and being 3-0 also a realist that if we make finals and go out straight away it’s still a successful year because we just needed to see the improvement.

Winning the way we did last night is a game we lose 9/10 in the past it seems like this group is ruthless for the first time since 2013-2015 JL deserves credit for how smart his changes are mid game and how he’s got the players to change things themselves because that shows signs of a very good side.

We will lose games this year and we will look like crap that’s just the signs of a young side I feel like goal is finals this year top 4 next year and flag 2026 feel like we will struggle against some teams until Tracey amiss Jackson get to that 23-25 years old and can be a force on the comp

Someone said Emmett to be dropped? Laughable smith had 6 touches in the first before Emmett went on him and 8 after he got subbed he finished with 22 for the game he’s doing his role perfectly

Im excited for next week vs Carlton the only team I hate more than the eagles just hope we don’t have to play 18 v 22 and there 2 flogs in the fwd line get free kick after free kick in the goal square
Unfortunately the AFL really, really, REALLY want Carlton to win the flag so that’s extremely unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back