Review Win’s a win: Freo in a grind over the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't yet seen the advertised foot skills from Johnson. I thought he was supposed to be a tier below Young, but a tier above Brayshaw/Serong.

Surprisingly Brayshaw and Serong have been hitting a lot of neat 45 kicks into the middle of the ground to open the game. Just wish we got more of that from Johnson and less "long down the line".

I actually think he is a closet Freo supporter.

He has always had something positive to say about us.
I do as well, but these fellas and gals are paid big big money to call games and should get thing right.
Just last week there was a bunch of players that explained the way to fpronounce their names, Though Switta was not one, they gave gave the real pronounceations.Like the Fella from the Roos, Xerri, he said it was pronounced Sherry, as in the wine.Yet every caller used their own interpretation of his name.
How hard is it to listen to the player and learn.

Thought Freddie stepped up. A lot of people see him as an “outside” player. Was a tackle machine and gave a bit of zip, not scared of a contest.

Now for my 6 months is a long time in footy quote. Back in September last year, the perception of a lot of Freo supporters + the majority of opposition pundits, was that Freo had one of the worst captains.

Fast forward 6 months and what do we hear ........, praise, praise, praise. Same person, just has his fetlocks working well.

Thought Freddie stepped up. A lot of people see him as an “outside” player. Was a tackle machine and gave a bit of zip, not scared of a contest.

Now for my 6 months is a long time in footy quote. Back in September last year, the perception of a lot of Freo supporters + the majority of opposition pundits, was that Freo had one of the worst captains.

Fast forward 6 months and what do we hear ........, praise, praise, praise. Same person, just has his fetlocks working well.
Shows the difference between being fit and being fully fit. Looks a totally different player this year. 2 classes above the 2023 version.

Re last quote on the skipper.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:.
I wonder where they all are now.

Could they approach TI and put his DNA with Kicketty. The word untouchable would be appropriate.
They need to clone Benny the Jet. A superb footballer. Doesn't stand behind Maurice or TI, but walks along side them.And in my view, amybe just a half step ahead,;);)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think he is a closet Freo supporter.

He has always had something positive to say about us.

I've said it here before but as a long time viewer of "On The Couch" he was the only one who give us a mention during our rebuild years when no one else did. So I'll always have time for him.

Agree on Pearce. The problem with the hocks was making the thoroughbred look like an old workhorse.

Im excited for next week vs Carlton the only team I hate more than the eagles just hope we don’t have to play 18 v 22 and there 2 flogs in the fwd line get free kick after free kick in the goal square
Absolutely nothing surer and that’s despite it’s at Adelaide oval .

simply means it will be slightly less a reaming as if it was in Victoria

Did he though? How and when? He can have some credit for being part of the backline. Essentially he was down back a bit, but what of note exactly did he do?
No He didn't do anything spectacular but neither did Rankine or Rochelle and that is His job...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back