Review Winners and losers 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Obviously trade period just finished, but interested on any views as to who you thought won and lost trade period.

Maybe this thread will not derail if we don't say our own teams.

Winners

Richmond
Hawks
Essendon

Losers

GWS
Gold Coast

Not sure but doesn't look good

Swans
Port

Mods, if this thread descends into chaos, I apologise and you can close at any time.

There are no winners and losers until we have the benefit of hindsight.

182034.jpg

Surely Freo deserve a spot in teh winners, got everyone they wanted at good prices

182034.jpg

Surely Freo deserve a spot in teh winners, got everyone they wanted at good prices
and what if both Hogan and Lobb lose confidence and fail to get going? What if they get involved in some nasty off-field incident?

Remember when people were saying Port "won" last year?

• Banned
and what if both Hogan and Lobb lose confidence and fail to get going? What if they get involved in some nasty off-field incident?

It is all about opinion...

Yeah but those people were insane, the best of the guys they got was a pretty cooked Rockliff

It is all about opinion...
But how about, instead of branding teams winner or loser right after trade period, we wait and see what happens, then express our opinions?

I mean, you're free to make predictions, but nobody has won or lost at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But how about, instead of branding teams winner or loser right after trade period, we wait and see what happens, then express our opinions?

I mean, you're free to make predictions, but nobody has won or lost at this point.
It is an internet forum.

I will change title to prediction.

Port is proof you can't judge on the day. Seemingly Freo did well in my eyes though. But hey doesn't mean anything if they don't win.

Port is proof you can't judge on the day. Seemingly Freo did well in my eyes though. But hey doesn't mean anything if they don't win.

I judged on the day. Watts, Thomas, Motlop and cooked Rockliff did not excite me on the day, nor at any other time

I think Gold Coast need to look at your situation from a few years back when a bunch of players bailed and how quickly it can turn around.

A tricky away game this season just got tougher.
Exactly, I have no doubt that if we didn't get some experienced off-field operators (Swan & Noble) then we still be in a world of s**t.

I might be one eyed but Freo absolutely killed this trade period.

We had picks 6, 77 and 95! That needs to be remembered and not just the players we received.

To lose Neale, 6 a future 3rd and 4th.

Bring in: 14, 31, 43, 65, Conca, Lobb, Hogan and Colyer.

There’s just no way that’s a loss.

Ok based on pure opinion

Think Melbourne got good value with pick six.

Think GWS got good value on Shiel.

But my pick 6 thoughts are tainted by our Thorp and Dowler selections at 6.

My Essendon thoughts... where Shiel went are usually tainted by my thoughts on Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back