Women's Footy World Cup 2023 - Carn the Matildas

Remove this Banner Ad

It's over now. We've done our bit.
Yay! I guess. Obviously rather Australia win than lose in anything. But my interest in this World Cup is diminishing by each game. It's just not high quality viewing. Bit like watching the AFLW i guess (which i don't mind tbh). But soccer can be a hard watch at the best of times. Sam Kerr a late withdrawal not ideal for viewing.

Yay! I guess. Obviously rather Australia win than lose in anything. But my interest in this World Cup is diminishing by each game. It's just not high quality viewing. Bit like watching the AFLW i guess (which i don't mind tbh). But soccer can be a hard watch at the best of times. Sam Kerr a late withdrawal not ideal for viewing.
Yeah not an overly exciting start. Very sloppy up front, want to put it down to first game nerves but that's probably just optimism.

I feel WCs are a bit like this with soccer - even decent teams often scratch out 1-0s and play slow as much as they can. Gotta manage games/players pretty close with a condensed schedule I spose but not always fun for fans.

The group stage is about accumulating points . Lucky to get away with the 3 pts in the end . I think the ice baths will be busy after that match.

I've tried to watch matches but havent been impressed with much of the quality. Atleast theres been no blow outs with some of the newer teams i suppose. Also, optus sports and chanel 7 are sh.t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That backline reminded me of the Terlich/Gillies days
It looked terrible in the first game against Ireland. Something about Australian soceer teams. Our defence always looks shaky af. Giving up 3 goals to Nigeria shows us where we are at. Canada are a good side too. So what a disaster to not make it out of the group stage on home soil. Would be a huge embarrassment if anyone cared :)

Thought the attackers did their job. 2 goals and plenty of shots on target with there key players out.

Then Defence come along and completely choke despite the ball being in Matilda’s attack most of the game.

Thought the attackers did their job. 2 goals and plenty of shots on target with there key players out.

Then Defence come along and completely choke despite the ball being in Matilda’s attack most of the game.
That 3rd goal was amateur level BS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back