World Test Championship Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird pointing at an Indian in the crowd celebration too.
Commentators on cricinfo reckon someone in the crowd was screaming that he'd dropped it. Or maybe screaming "drop!" in the hope that he would.

Commentators on cricinfo reckon someone in the crowd was screaming that he'd dropped it. Or maybe screaming "drop!" in the hope that he would.
Yeah you could see in the slo-mo there was a lady in an Indian shirt yelling as the ball was in the air.

Very poor batting from India today. New Zealand absolutely deserve to win this one.

Have seen many times how tricky a lowish 4th innings total can be to chase though.

Welcome to the thread. A draw has been the most likely outcome since stumps day 3, but if you'd like to suddenly weigh-in with your prediction, lets hear it...?

I meant more so today. There's a lot of overs to be bowled today and it's going to stay bright and sunny. No way India were every going to make more then their first innings total on Day 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will of course never ever happen and I’ve mentioned it before and yes I get why they don’t do it.
But New Zealand have three fast bowlers who are not great batsmen but who all have a good eye and can score quick runs.
If you sent Southee, Boult and Wagner out as your top three and gave them a licence they might knock a quick 20-30 off the target and get the target below 100.
Alternatively if they needed to get 30 between them from 7-down you’d give them next to no chance.

get innovative boys

I can guarantee you one thing - this will probably be the slowest 53 overs ever bowled in the history of the game...
Yeah I actually don't think we'll go close to getting 53 overs in here. Especially considering they have no discretion with the light once it goes past the reading from day 2.

Was still in the bottom of my heart salty/sad that Australia weren't in the final, but watching Kane Williamson calmly and expertly manage that fielding effort to get the last few wickets today has put me at ease. That's what a champion captain looks like. Go Kiwis.

Can you imagine Paine in a similar situation? Well you don't really need to because we saw it twice in January!

This will of course never ever happen and I’ve mentioned it before and yes I get why they don’t do it.
But New Zealand have three fast bowlers who are not great batsmen but who all have a good eye and can score quick runs.
If you sent Southee, Boult and Wagner out as your top three and gave them a licence they might knock a quick 20-30 off the target and get the target below 100.
Alternatively if they needed to get 30 between them from 7-down you’d give them next to no chance.

get innovative boys
Or you're 3 down for * all and momentum gets a hold of you.

Or you're 3 down for fu** all and momentum gets a hold of you.

Of course that’s a possibility but psychologically there’s always the ‘yeah but it’s just the tail enders’ thing in your mind and you’d still think logically you’re a better than even chance of winning. And also if you got to 6-7 down you’d still know that both batsmen are capable of making the necessary runs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back