News Worsfold takes up role at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

John Worsfold has taken up a consultancy role with Carlton.

Worsfold, who finished up as Essendon coach last year, will work closely with David Teague and his coaching group as a mentor.

The West Coast premiership coach commenced his career in the caper with the Blues back in 2000 and has previously worked with Teague at the Eagles.

“Our coaches demand that our players are doing everything they can to get better, they also have that same expectation on themselves, which is driven by our Senior Coach,” Carlton’s head of football Brad Lloyd said in a statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All it tells me is that they have no faith in Teague.

Would have made sense for this decision to be made back when Teague began to help him but now it’s just obvious they don’t see Teague being the man.

Oh gee look a first page of opinions all shitting on the topic!

Gee I love this place and if you ain’t posting in negativity towards anything you are not fitting in.

“Our coaches demand that our players are doing everything they can to get better, they also have that same expectation on themselves, which is driven by our Senior Coach,”

Translated:

"How can we blame our players when the coach is sh%t?"

All it tells me is that they have no faith in Teague.

Would have made sense for this decision to be made back when Teague began to help him but now it’s just obvious they don’t see Teague being the man.

Just like the Demons have no faith in Goodwin with Choko on the sidelines performing the same role?

Sometimes different opinions and ways of thinking are a godsend to have in the coaching box especially experienced ones.

Just like the Demons have no faith in Goodwin with Choko on the sidelines performing the same role?

Sometimes different opinions and ways of thinking are a godsend to have in the coaching box especially experienced ones.
Can you blame posters being cynical when Carlton brings in Worsfold after a string of woeful performances and not before the season started?

Can you blame posters being cynical when Carlton brings in Worsfold after a string of woeful performances and not before the season started?
Considering he was with us for a lot of last season to especially when we belted the Dogs by 52 Pts and Geelong at GMHBA I would say no i am not surprised by the move which is a good one.

Internet posters will s**t on any move though and there is always a negative card to play!

Gee I love this place and if you ain’t posting in negativity towards anything you are not fitting in.

Carlton have a pretty long history of meddling and not giving the senior coach the freedom to make decisions. Then axing them when things invariably go wrong.

The key learnings from this thread is that perhaps it would have been received more positively if posted on the Carlton board where it belongs.

Considering he was with us for a lot of last season to especially when we belted the Dogs by 52 Pts and Geelong at GMHBA I would say no i am not surprised by the move which is a good one.

Internet posters will sh*t on any move though and there is always a negative card to play!

It's the Internet, if we were all happy none of us would be here! 💻⌨🖱

The key learnings from this thread is that perhaps it would have been received more positively if posted on the Carlton board where it belongs.
You could say that about every thread just about and then this board may as well be shut down. How hard is it to be able to add to topics in a constructive light instead of just acting like an uneducated dickhead because the internet allows it?

Not saying you are directly but the internet these days is just free haven for uneducated hate speech regardless if one actually believes what they are typing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back