Worst player to play in a grand final??

Remove this Banner Ad

Alastair Lynch's 2004 GF maybe the worst, because his only contribution was a free kick to the opposition team.

Not to forget his legacy which was to go out swinging punches. That saw him suspended for 10 games although negated by retirement

There’s probably 5-6 list cloggers from Saints 2010 GF teams who would be front and centre in this thread. Blake, Eddy, Peake, Dempster, McQualter for starters.

And that’s just off the top of my head. There’d certainly be others in that St Kilda team who don’t belong anywhere near a GF team.
I know we’re not meant to be feeding sooky old Adam, but Dempster and Blake were great players in their own right. Can’t disagree with the other three and I’m happy to throw R Clarke into the list as well.

This Frampton negated Andrews narrative is the most reality-denying bs I've heard in a long time. Andrews was there for the spoils, he got his stats. He stood up.

Collingwood deserve a lot of credit for carrying a Mason Cox and a Billy Frampton and still winning a flag in spite of them. That's impressive.

Mason Cox is a decent player. The problem is that his profile exceeds what his football ability demands. He also acts like a flog a fair bit. If he had half the profile he'd be in most people's 'serviceable' category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the * did Collingwood win?
That many duds shouldnt have had a chance
Fagan being tactically inept.
A competent coach would have exploited Collingwood's defence after Murphy was subbed off, especially with the weapons Brisbane had at their disposal up forward.

Just one more time, so everybody can stop suggesting the wrong players.

This isn't a 'worst performance in a Grand Final' thread. At least that isn't what it's become.

It's for those non-best 22 players or career battlers who somehow found themselves, through sheer chance, lining up on Grand Final day.

People suggesting Kosi Pickett or Cam Ryaner aren't getting it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back