would you have paid ?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's called "how to piss your customers off and have them not come back". s**t business policy.

Well OP should have stood up for himself.

"I wasn't aware those extras would cost so much, I was not informed".

I'm still not really getting the whole hairdresser thug thing though.

Well OP should have stood up for himself.

"I wasn't aware those extras would cost so much, I was not informed".
6 one way, half dozen the other. Sometimes I just wear it, some times I stand my ground. Depends on my mood really. One thing I just won't cop these days is middle aged women pushing in. Happens so often and men are part to blame for just letting them do it because it's a pain to pull them up. I just pull them up every time now. No, you're not f***ing entitled to collect $200 and go to the straight of the line.

I also put this down to a learning experience. I've been around long enough to know when people offer extras they're expecting to be paid. I'm pretty sure if in same situation I would have knocked back all the extras apart from the happy ending.

Dancing the other nite, this chick decided to run her hands threw my wavy hair and comment on how beautiful it was. I complemented her on her hair and asked who's your hairdresser. She told me it costs 80 bucks a time, i told her my barber charges 7.

:rolleyes:

Dancing the other nite, this chick decided to run her hands threw my wavy hair and comment on how beautiful it was. I complemented her on her hair and asked who's your hairdresser. She told me it costs 80 bucks a time, i told her my barber charges 7.

:rolleyes:
This would have been much better in the awkward flirting stories thread.

I wish I only paid $25 for a haircut!!

This.

I guess something a little similar happened to me, appointment at nails salon, making it clear I wanted a "quick buff and polish" of my toenails. Cost $15. They did a more expensive version of the pedicure and I had to pay $35. Was not happy, they said to me "You should have said something". Er how about you accurately write down the appointments in the first place.

To the OP they definitely should have mentioned the price.

Used to own a house with a timber balcony. The timber was a bit rickety and as much as I didn't want to spend money (because I intended to knock down and build) I knew there was a safety issue. Had a mate who was a chippy. Asked him around to give quote and made it clear all I needed was something to make it safe because was intending to knock down. He quotes verbally "I can do it for about $1000". So he comes around with his brother and he's there for days. I'm sort of in and out so I'm not really aware they're doing full 8 hour days. Finishes the job and says it's $2500. I told him I was expecting about a grand. he then shows me eerything he did and shows me the workman ship he did. I just gave him the $2500. Haven't hung out with him since.

Got a mutual mate who reckons he did same thing to someone else. He's not ripping people off, he's just assuming an upsell without asking.

About ten years ago I got to the age where I had to pay for things myself out of money from holiday/part-time work, and as I needed a haircut I headed off to a haircutting place in the local shopping centre. I had long hair at this stage but felt it was time to go back to a more normal length. The sign at the front of the place said that mens haircuts were (rough figures, this was a long time ago so memory has faded) $10, womens were $20. No worries.

After the cut, they asked me for the $20. 'Why?', I asked them. 'Because of your longer hair we have to charge you the womens rates'. Back then I was less likely to stand up for myself so I paid the amount they asked and never went back. If somebody pulled that s**t on me today they'd be in some trouble.

Anyhow the point of my story is that, looking back now, maybe that was one of the reasons I have only gotten two haircuts in the ten years since. I had forgotten about that event until reading this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a long time since I've paid for a haircut. Never paid for one since I've moved to Melbourne, so that's nearly 7 years.

Got treated once on one of my birthdays or something to one of the barber shops on Smith St that give you a beer while you wait and they trimmed the beard and everything like that - I didn't pay for it so I don't know how much it was... but I bet I wouldn't have paid for it otherwise...

Just make sure you buy decent hair clippers if going the 'cut your own hair' path.. I went through maybe two or three pairs of s**t ones before I bit the bullet and forked out some decent cash for a decent set

Used to own a house with a timber balcony. The timber was a bit rickety and as much as I didn't want to spend money (because I intended to knock down and build) I knew there was a safety issue. Had a mate who was a chippy. Asked him around to give quote and made it clear all I needed was something to make it safe because was intending to knock down. He quotes verbally "I can do it for about $1000". So he comes around with his brother and he's there for days. I'm sort of in and out so I'm not really aware they're doing full 8 hour days. Finishes the job and says it's $2500. I told him I was expecting about a grand. he then shows me eerything he did and shows me the workman ship he did. I just gave him the $2500. Haven't hung out with him since.

Got a mutual mate who reckons he did same thing to someone else. He's not ripping people off, he's just assuming an upsell without asking.

......... or not listening properly to what you actually want.

Who are these swamp creatures that take years between haircuts??

polls_phil_wig_3711_473887_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

I can't go more than about two months without a haircut let alone years without one. I just go to an old fashioned Italian style barber place with nothing too fancy but even there you're looking at close to $30 these days for a haircut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back