Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some stupid s**t getting posted these days, and this is up there with the dumbest.
Why? I bet you believe the official story of JFK, September 11 and weapons of mass destruction. I simply responded that if a foreign power were to invade we should get in first. Regardless this whole thing reeks to high heaven. In 8 weeks you have people begging for a lock down. (The novelty of 2 weeks Netflix will wear thin after a while)

given you think this is a nothing burger and "its just the flu" no s**t you dont think a lockdown is needed

Neddy, neddy, neddy, trust you to get all hysterical.

Just the flu is pretty bad, i have thought that the whole time, old people and plenty of them die of it, so its not a nothing burger.

i can only repeat this ....

Policy-makers feel pressure from opponents who lambast inaction. Also adoption of measures in one institution, jurisdiction, or country creates pressure for taking similar measures elsewhere under fear of being accused of negligence.

given you think this is a nothing burger and "its just the flu" no s**t you dont think a lockdown is needed
Having worked from home for a while and pulled kids out of school I can see the problem. I would push back with poverty and despair will kill more in the long run so we, as a society, need to be vigilant about how long this runs.

Neddy, neddy, neddy, trust you to get all hysterical.

Just the flu is pretty bad, i have thought that the whole time, old people and plenty of them die of it, so its not a nothing burger.

i can only repeat this ....

Policy-makers feel pressure from opponents who lambast inaction. Also adoption of measures in one institution, jurisdiction, or country creates pressure for taking similar measures elsewhere under fear of being accused of negligence.

dude you have been spamming that they were going to die anyway so whats the big deal

dont rewind now your "its just the flu" narrative is dead in the water

Why? I bet you believe the official story of JFK, September 11 and weapons of mass destruction. I simply responded that if a foreign power were to invade we should get in first. Regardless this whole thing reeks to high heaven. In 8 weeks you have people begging for a lock down. (The novelty of 2 weeks Netflix will wear thin after a while)
During WWII London was bombed every night bar one for 11 weeks. Bomb shelter every night, key facilities bombed, fear of being blown up. And here you are complaining about staying home and watching pr0n/movies!

Well then why dont we do this everywhere for the flu every year, the paper i linked stated that the way we are treating the corona virus may actually save more lives from the flu than from Corona.

The scenario and narrative has changed from untold deaths to now flattening a curve to save hospitals, which if anyone has seen are totally overrun during the height of the flu season, so i agree, but the country does not IMO need to close down and millions lose jobs.

Oh BTW please don't reply .......

Thanks in advance.
Flu generally doesn’t overwhelm the hospital system (swine flu did in 09 but that was large numbers coming to my ED because some Nuffie was working in the food court of the nearby shopping centre while sick)

If you don't understand how this shitty situation will not be improved by starting a nuclear war, I don't know how much effort I ought to put in explaining it to you.

Having worked from home for a while and pulled kids out of school I can see the problem. I would push back with poverty and despair will kill more in the long run so we, as a society, need to be vigilant about how long this runs.

I dont disagree with this - a lockdown is a massive move, and should not be started lightly or ended lightly. it should be politics free, and decisions about it made our best and brightest working together - and some poli's :p

dude you have been spamming that they were going to die anyway so whats the big deal

I would like to hear when does a normal flu exhausts all ventilors and available resources like in Spain and Italy and about to in the US. You can't teach dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to hear when does a normal flu exhausts all ventilors and available resources like in Spain and Italy and about to in the US. You can't teach dumb.
Cant believe the difference between flu and pneumonia isn’t considered when trying to deny.
Sure flu can become pneumonia but * me is it that hard to work out?

Please stop embarrassing yourself calling me dude, we know your an old baby boomer, we are Aussies here.

I have been spamming nothing but offering an alternative to the left standard hysterical pile on in this thread and you should be thankful there is an alternative.

This has turned from bring out your dead to possibly a overun health system short on ventilators.

It has turned from 3/4/5% mortality of every age group to about 95% mortality rate for over 75's who already suffer from complications and will probably end up at around flu rates of mortality.

Well ATM there are literally millions out of work in this country and the disaster of that is IMO far worse.

Please stop embarrassing yourself calling me dude, we know your an old baby boomer, we are Aussies here.

I have been spamming nothing but offering an alternative to the left standard hysterical pile on in this thread and you should be thankful there is an alternative.

This has turned from bring out your dead to possibly a overun health system short on ventilators.

It has turned from 3/4/5% mortality of every age group to about 95% over 75's who already suffer from complications and will probably end up at around flu rates of mortality.

Well ATM there are literally millions out of work in this country and the disaster of that is IMO far worse.

as i said "just the flu" and "they're gunna die anyway"

the fact you admit arguing this just to politicise this issue is disgusting. virus's dont give a s**t about left or right

It has turned from 3/4/5% mortality of every age group to about 95% over 75's who already suffer from complications and will probably end up at around flu rates of mortality.

Mate I’m with you that we need a balance to not * the economy but you’re going pretty early on the call of how insignificant this could be and could easily make a right campaigner of yourself.

It has turned from 3/4/5% mortality of every age group to about 95% mortality rate for over 75's who already suffer from complications and will probably end up at around flu rates of mortality.

While I think Malone you raise reasonable questions, you don’t really offer an alternative. Please paint out your suggested strategy

as i said "just the flu" and "they're gunna die anyway"

the fact you admit arguing this just to politicise this issue is disgusting. virus's dont give a s**t about left or right

You really are a liar and a hysterical man.

I never said old people should die or they are gunna die anyway

The Government fell in behind what was happening O/S whether they agreed or not.

I happen to not agree with it, doesn't make me want old people to die.

While I think Malone you raise reasonable questions, you don’t really offer an alternative. Please paint out your suggested strategy

Its pretty simple, isolate as much as you can the old sick and weak, that's what a decent society does, it does not kill itself in the process of doing that.

Its pretty simple, isolate as much as you can the old sick and weak, that's what a decent society does, it does not kill itself in the process of doing that.

Yeah bro, you could lock them all up in hospitals so they're safe.

That's exactly what the virus is doing. Well, except for the safe part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back