Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome.

IMO, I think it's highly probable that some would have run computer modelling and came to that conclusion.

Molecular geneticists are very credible and disciplined scientists and I would be surprised if any engaged in ridiculous practices such as economic forecasting.

I'm sure if you looked at enough scientific papers you will find something that fits with most events, in hindsight. It's no mistake that there's a computer modeller among these researchers.

Do you have data to back this up?

I have no reason to believe that China has inferior scientists.

Ahhhh, finally I arrive at the punchline. I think it is highly unlikely that the Wuhan S mutation arose from a laboratory. There are solid evolutionary genomics models that strongly suggest it arose via natural evolutionary mechanisms.

Now, please allow me to ask you a question in return?

Did the authors of the paper that you utilise as a reference speculate that something similar to Covid19 would arise from human genetic manipulation and/or natural selection?
The abstract only warns of the potential of a natural occurrence - it does not conjecture about any human manipulation. Rather, it warns of the dangers of encroaching into bat's natural habitat from deforestation and the subsequent increased risks associated with inevitable closer interaction of bats with urban environments.

As for your other question, the abstract from 2019, details the intensity of global research into bat viruses where it highlights the Chinese domination in this field.

From what I understand the Chinese reported a lot of extra deaths, one hospital losing over 200 per day, to pneumonia... but they just happened to also have covid-19.

These sorts of numbers games benefit nobody long term except politicians.

Totally agree, but rumor has it that China also lost 7 million mobile phones accounts during the same time period.

Who knows!

In general if you have work, enough food to not worry and see your kids having a better life and more chances than you you don't revolt.
As long as your government doesn't accidently (Or worse) release a disease that kills thousands officially and more unofficially.

The abstract only warns of the potential of a natural occurrence - it does not conjecture about any human manipulation. Rather, it warns of the dangers of encroaching into bat's natural habitat from deforestation and the subsequent increased risks associated with inevitable closer interaction of bats with urban environments.

It's too late now.

As for your other question, the abstract from 2019, details the intensity of global research into bat viruses where it highlights the Chinese domination in this field.

It's serves any research paper to relate to importance/relevance. In fact, research never gets funded if it doesn't.

Thomas Schaefer, the finance minister of Germany's Hesse state, has committed suicide apparently after becoming "deeply worried" over how to cope with the economic fallout from the coronavirus, state premier Volker Bouffier said on Sunday

Sorry to say this but wait until hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of small business Australians work out what they have lost.

House, business and then family.....

Last edited:
so far (fingers crossed) the lack of ER pain in australia is promising re: community transmission

from the stories out of the USA however, they are f’ed
Keep on hearing stories on nurses getting the sack because they're whistleblowing that they're not getting enough protection, incompetent admin, etc. A teenager even died because he got turned away after having no insurance.

Keep on hearing stories on nurses getting the sack because they're whistleblowing that they're not getting enough protection, incompetent admin, etc. A teenager even died because he got turned away after having no insurance.

keep on punching scotty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, you will still develop antibodies eventually after Hydroxychloroquine treatment.

Hydroxychloroquine is not a cure, it acts by interfering with viral replication processes until the antibodies can arrive and wipe it out completely.

You are a very smart individual. I admire your modesty, but I can tell you are well-above the mainstream in terms of intelligence.

Has been reported in the UK press (cant remember where i read so cant provide link) that the Chinese hushed things up to start with and used that time to buy massive amounts of protective equipment from around the world (and stopped exporting) which is a major reason its so hard for countries to access now.

From what I understand the Chinese reported a lot of extra deaths, one hospital losing over 200 per day, to pneumonia... but they just happened to also have covid-19.

All the numbers that the media sprout are BS. The number of cases only relates to those who were tested (ie in the UK they will only test people in hospitals now or health workers). Likewise death stats in the UK only involve deaths in hospitals. They also state death is due to the virus if its present even where death was imminent by other means ie in the usual case of flu deaths the death is recorded against the underlying cause apparently. Other countries have different ways of recording and one Italian doctor was quoted a few weeks ago saying they had stopped counting.

Sorry to say this but wait until hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of small business Australians work out what they have lost.

House, business and then family.....

There is a growing school of thought that govts have massively overreacted to all this. If this turns out to be the case it will there will be huge anger in the community.

Last edited:
All the numbers that the media sprout are BS. The number of cases only relates to those who were tested (ie in the UK they will only test people in hospitals now or health workers). Likewise death stats in the UK only involve deaths in hospitals. They also state death is due to the virus if its present even where death was imminent by other means ie in the usual case of flu deaths the death is recorded against the underlying cause apparently. Other countries have different ways of recording and one Italian doctor was quoted a few weeks ago saying they had stopped counting.

There is a growing school of thought that govts have massively overreacted to all this. If this turns out to be the case it will there will be huge anger in the community.
If that happens then a) it can never be confirmed that it was an overreaction because the measures are in place, which may have stopped it getting big and b) not much you can do about it. It's happened, it can't be changed, got to enjoy going to the pub, to the footy etc again

Doesn't matter whether you call it a COVID-19 death, a heart failure death or a diabetes death. The fact that hospitals are overwhelmed in places like Italy and the US, with doctors having to refuse care, means extra deaths are happening because of the novel virus.

I'm on record in this thread calling bull**** on the stories of Italian doctors refusing care to some people. I was wrong - the stories simply didn't sound believable at the time. Time flies!

Did WW3 began with the release of a bio-weapon in Wuhan China? Well even the conspiracy sites aren't sure who released what on whom. Unofficially, in roundabout ways via their respective intermediaries both China and the US are pointing fingers at each other. Whilst, at the same time, diplomatic relations remain cordial.

China has sent medical assistance to Italy. Russia who closed its borders to China back in January, is sending supplies to Italy and even the USA.
On the other hand, fellow EU members have refused to offer any aid to Italy. It is now difficult to imagine how the EU post-pandemic doesn't completely disintegrate. So here the cui bono is the UK.

Globalism also may have received a mortal wound. Which totally destroys a lot of the most interesting conspiracy theories. Nations will re-assert their sovereignty and products considered strategically critical i.e: Medicine amongst other things will increasingly move from overseas to local manufacturing.

And of course, if you didn't notice, the ideological foundations of capitalism just got removed without even a second reading. Assuming there isn't the mother of all depressions this could be the best thing to come out of this catastrophe.

Of course, assuming there is a post pandemic. If the virus mutates who the hell knows.

A

Did WW3 began with the release of a bio-weapon in Wuhan China? Well even the conspiracy sites aren't sure who released what on whom. Unofficially, in roundabout ways via their respective intermediaries both China and the US are pointing fingers at each other. Whilst, at the same time, diplomatic relations remain cordial.

China has sent medical assistance to Italy. Russia who closed its borders to China back in January, is sending supplies to Italy and even the USA.
On the other hand, fellow EU members have refused to offer any aid to Italy. It is now difficult to imagine how the EU post-pandemic doesn't completely disintegrate. So here the cui bono is the UK.

Globalism also may have received a mortal wound. Which totally destroys a lot of the most interesting conspiracy theories. Nations will re-assert their sovereignty and products considered strategically critical i.e: Medicine amongst other things will increasingly move from overseas to local manufacturing.

And of course, if you didn't notice, the ideological foundations of capitalism just got removed without even a second reading. Assuming there isn't the mother of all depressions this could be the best thing to come out of this catastrophe.

Of course, assuming there is a post pandemic. If the virus mutates who the hell knows.
Germany may not agree with your assertion that there has been no assistance from within the EU.

Spain may not agree considering the testing kits they were provided with from China had a 30% accuracy

China stripping countries of their supplies of masks, sanitizer, hazmat suits, thermometers, gloves etc

Just to name a few

There have already been 8 identified mutations of the virus

Last edited:

Over 4,000 stranded EU citizens have been brought back on 25 flights facilitated by Brussels and 3.5m face masks delivered, or about to be, to Italy from Germany, France and Austria, said the European Commission as it seeks to counter the perception of a lack of solidarity among its members during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Germany — which has delivered protective clothing to Switzerland, Austria, Romania and Sweden — has agreed to treat more than 70 seriously ill Covid-19 patients from Italy and more than 50 from France. Luxembourg and Switzerland also took patients from hard-pressed hospitals in Alsace.

Spain has received 10,000 personal protection kits, including masks, gloves and protective eyewear, from the Czech Republic in response to a request Madrid made last week to a Nato disaster-relief co-ordination centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back