Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a mile out with this one yebiga.

Gates has poured billions in to malaria research for the exact reason that big pharma won't go near it! Why? Because it's a 2nd/3rd world problem and there's bugger all chance of returning the costs put in to finding a cure. It's a corporate dead end.

Gates took on malaria in the knowledge he would blow his money on it, and because no one else would do it!

Bill Gates is a great man, and in every sense of the word.
That may be so with Malaria. I am happy to concede he may consciously believe he has all the best intentions.
But what he is advocating in response to this "pandemic" the man is totally out of his depth.
Watch a video of him advocating these measures over the last week or so - and tell me whether he doesn't define a sanctimonious campaigner.

The gall of the man. Lets say he was entirely right - his not - but this is still not the way to go about it. The depth of the patronising conceit is staggering.

Last edited:
That may be so with Malaria. I am happy to concede he may consciously believe he has all the best intentions.
But what he is advocating in response to this "pandemic" the man is totally out of his depth.
Watch a video of him advocating these measures over the last week or so - and tell me whether he doesn't define a sanctimonious campaigner.

The gaul of the man. Lets say he was entirely right - this is still not the way to go about it. The depth of the patronising conceit is staggering.

Hmmmmm..............lemme see...............Bill Gates..............or............"yebiga"...............decisions, decisions.:think:

I'll toss a coin and go with yebiga being completely and utterly wrong.

It’s level 5 (lowest form) in that it is a type of expert (as in first contact response) opinion; but methodology is very flawed to draw conclusions. Had an overwhelming majority had that as a response I’d give it more consideration but even then the higher level of evidence would need to be available

And it arguably isn’t even that - typically level 5 evidence is expert consensus, in the form of carefully considered guidelines - not a questionnaire of unnamed physicians (I can’t find any break down of the poll’s participants).

driving experience used to be 80 hours but people rorted it. The response? Up the hours to 120 for the honest people. We are farted in this country when it comes to law and order
It’s a totally over the top amount of hours and counter any climate change initiatives, just mindlessly driving for the sake of it

My ex and I took it seriously, all of them completed the full 120 hours plus a bit in case the examiner decided to delete a few entries. None of it was driving for the sake of it, it was all in a mix of conditions to give them experience. Oooh look its pissing with rain, lets go for a drive.

Shitted me off when half of their friends were boasting that they only did 50-60 hours and the rest was just random s**t filled in by their parents.

No one is happy about the fact that people are dying dude. But the glass completely empty is very strong in this post.

That people are dying and will continue to, should not mean that the positive trend in our case number increase can't be pointed out. The trend is undeniably heading in the right direction at the moment and indicates that the measures taken are having an effect.

Complacency is Covid-19's best friend.

Hmmmmm..............lemme see...............Bill Gates..............or............"yebiga"...............decisions, decisions.:think:

The problem for you - to sustain this narrative - You must believe that the Corona virus is a mass Road to Damascus conversion of our global political leaders.
You really buy this every life is suddenly sacred schtick?

Gates is part of the paradigm thinking currently possessing the world. From one generation to the next we change these world views. Today's actions were unthinkable 30 years ago. So how do you believe future generations will view the year 2020 when over the matter of weeks civil rights were relinquished in favour of house arrest/martial law to guard against the spread of a virus? Not a virus that would kill 50% or 20% or 10% or 5% or 2% or 1% of the population.

At what percentage point does the mortality rate justify this scale of response? I don't know. What I do know is that this virus kills those with depleted immune systems. And too many of us eat crap and are inactive. That should surely be the first corrective behaviour.

By placing himself as the most recognisable face, Gates is the face of advocating this unprecedented vandalism with all the ensuing restrictions into our civil rights. He displays a narcissism beyond Trump's imaginings.

The mid west and the southern states are a world of their own.
I was in West Virginia, stopped to get gas and a bite to eat.

I spent a couple of months in Texas writing a book, and one of my colleagues was the nicest guy you'd ever meet. So nice, in fact, my son carries his name. Now before I continue, you must realise Texans come in two flavours, Aggies (who went to Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College) and UTs (who went to the University of Texas), and their rabid supporters. You have to choose one. He was a UT.

He invited a few of us around for a real Texas BBQ and while we were chowing down on steaks and brisket and stuff the talk turned to world events including Iraq.

"Weahl, if ah wuz the President, ah'd say Sad-damn - Sad Damn, I'd say - you let those weapons inspectors in or we're gonna nuke yore damn country back to the BRAWNZE age!"

Us foreigners just looked at each other. Not two minutes later someone used the word "aggies" and he sat bolt upright.

"Aggies? AGGIES? You gotta watch them, boy, cuz THEY is REDNECKS!"

Like you said, a world of their own.

40 People didn't die today.Forty one people have died in total.If we have 5,800 positives and the death rate is 2% we can expect 118 deaths in total.Thats why less cases a day is a good thing.

It's not that simple. The government is fooling you. I've seen this movie over and over again the last three months.

We have have been testing a LOT LESS. Yesterday we tested 5k and we were testing three times that much about a week ago. Less tests represent less cases.

As of this week were expanding testing because we are not detecting cases. But won't go anywhere nearing to detect all the cases. Based on my modeling it suggests 10,000 undected cases, and that could be just for NSW and VIC.

Australia is the only country with a partial lockdown that the curve is dropping. It's an outlier and shouldn't be relied upon.

I prefer NZ, full lockdown and one death.

We have 448 in hospital with the virus and ICU are doubling every four days. 35 people in ventilators, half of those are going to die. At this rate the system will be overwhelmed in three weeks.

The problem for you - to sustain this narrative - You must believe that the Corona virus is a mass Road to Damascus conversion of our global political leaders.
You really buy this every life is suddenly sacred schtick?

Gates is part of the paradigm thinking currently possessing the world. From one generation to the next we change these world views. Today's actions were unthinkable 30 years ago. So how do you believe future generations will view the year 2020 when over the matter of weeks civil rights were relinquished in favour of house arrest/martial law to guard against the spread of a virus? Not a virus that would kill 50% or 20% or 10% or 5% or 2% or 1% of the population.

At what percentage point does the mortality rate justify this scale of response? I don't know. What I do know is that this virus kills those with depleted immune systems. And too many of us eat crap and are inactive. That should surely be the first corrective behaviour.

By placing himself as the most recognisable face, Gates is the face of advocating this unprecedented vandalism with all the ensuing restrictions into our civil rights. He displays a narcissism beyond Trump's imaginings.

Get help.

You're unraveling.

It's not that simple. The government is fooling you. I've seen this movie over and over again the last three months.

We have have been testing a LOT LESS. Yesterday we tested 5k and we were testing three times that much about a week ago. Less tests represent less cases.

As of this week were expanding testing because we are not detecting cases. But won't go anywhere nearing to detect all the cases. Based on my modeling it suggests 10,000 undected cases, and that could be just for NSW and VIC.

Australia is the only country with a partial lockdown that the curve is dropping. It's an outlier and shouldn't be relied upon.

We have 448 in hospital with the virus and ICU are doubling every four days. 35 people in ventilators, half of those are going to die. At this rate the system will be overwhelmed in three weeks.
If you aren't sick why would you need to get tested? Maybe Australian water or vegemite or who knows what protects against this? Look at the huge amount of recoveries relative to rest of world

Carringbush2010 or snake_baker or some other berk on ignore that was quoted said:
Your replied poster is WTFked out because NOW it seems a possibility of animal to human transmission.

Nothing to do with animal to human transmission. I was WTFed out because the HUMAN gave it to the TIGER, and possibly six other big cats.

I was all "meh bullshit" when the story broke a couple of weeks ago about a patient's dog having traces of coronavirus, then last week went "meh again" when another patient's cat in Belgium tested positive. Now this. Pre-symptomatic transfer of the virus from a healthy-appearing keeper to tigers and lions. WTF instead of "meh" was the sound of my paradigm shift.

wow thirty km ....lets see if you go 60km an hour that's half an hour...when they have to get hours up.
Something fishy...seriously?
Maybe she's hoping that she can get her license after this is all over, in which case she'd need hours.
Maybe she's wanting to get a job and not rely on public transport, ( because except for a lucky few who can get a train too and from, our transport is crap ).

Their activity was not able to potentially spread the virus. But keep finding ways to judge people you don't know.
On Sunday I had to drive my daughter back to her mum’s as we do (shared parenting arrangement), it’s a 70km drive. Wonder what would have happened if I let her drive on her Learners? Is it still essential travel to get her home under those circumstances?
There are so many mixed messages throughout this whole thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think they would call all of it as living?

Yes , our ancestors had all the same degeneration with age. They didn't have better diets, they didn't live old age better.
If they needed an artificial hip, they couldn't even get a decent wheelchair.
Why are you even pushing this stupid line? Just stop. Its stupid and irrlelevent.

life-expectancy-through-the-ages.jpg

So let me get this correct, it's a contagious risk for the general public a learner driver with her parent to learn driving who she probably lives with to learn driving when there are less cars on the road? How is this situation a contagious risk for the general public outside of this car?

But you can defy the law so you can get married.
1586190906833.png
If one of them has Covid19. How many people are they willingly infecting.
Bit of a pattern forming.

So no comment on your idiotic statement that 40 people died of the virus in Australia yesterday?

The reason we are testing less is that we are mostly testing people who are reporting to be quite sick with the symptoms of Covid-19 - and this number is dropping.

Please stop posting when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Just imagine your position in climate science then. Snake Baker/Alan Watts/Fossil fuel experts vs NAS/NASA/American association of geologists etc.

Funny how it works hey? I will toss a coin and go with Snakey being completely and utterly wrong.

Public transport should not be open.

How are essential services workers who don't drive such nurses, supermarket employees, pharmacy workers meant to get to work?

You skipped the part where you explain why a mother taking her daughter on a driving lesson presents a risk to the community and should be prohibited.

It's strange. These boards like like too many people have too much time on their hands.

Be like Dice. Clean the pool, plant a vegetable garden, go shopping for beer, plant a herb garden, clean out the garage, cook your wife dinner, drink wine, watch Ozark, play a little guitar, clean a car. Hit tennis balls with your dog, cut those garden hedges, cut the grass, have a vet come over for your 16 year old Belgium Shepard who stares at the wall all day and who struggles to walk and eat.

Suspect I will be burying that dog in the next few days. :(

So no comment on your idiotic statement that 40 people died of the virus in Australia yesterday?

The reason we are testing less is that we are mostly testing people who are reporting to be quite sick with the symptoms of Covid-19 - and this number is dropping.

Please stop posting when you have no clue what you are talking about.

I'm not sure where NSW is on testing protocol but I'd hazard a guess that they are requiring that the patient has been overseas, in direct contact with a known case or presents with an unexplained pneumonia and the number of returning international cases has fallen off a cliff.

What does NSW gain by knowing there are another 150 to 1000 cases per day than reported if social distancing is stamping out those spreads by itself? They aren't trying to end the spread of this virus, their stated aim is to hinder it enough to allow everyone who gets it to be treated.

It will make people afraid and angry.

Damn! Hope he will recover soon.

I'm interested to read the comments of the empathy junkies who fly in to a fit of rage when anyone would dare even remotely citicise Greta Thunberg.

Surely they aren't petty vicious hypocrites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back