2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 5 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, but the fact remains his output is lower than we need. Which is the point!
Not enough marks and goals from a key forward.
We do wear it, but some here are arguing that he’s playing fantastic. He’s not, he’s developing and making some poor decisions.
Marshall stays in.

He was fine on Friday night, it's not his fault that we have no Dixon replacement in the team ATM so I'm not sure why people expect Marshall to replace his role.

Last week Marshall was heralded by all for the WC game, how people forget what we are like without him in the team.

Let go of the past mate, not all key forwards are big goal kicking powerhouses in today's game.

Yup!
There’s nothing wrong with people wanting Marshall to do well, but if Dixon had a similar game on Friday he’d be crucified.
Different roles, Dixon would be the key forward main target. Marshall is the third tall role player in the forward line. His job is to provide an alternative target, bring others into play, and when it's his turn put the score on the board. In the few games he has played he hasn't put the score on the board, yet, but the rest of his game is coming along fine.

Think the role Toby thuratans played in 04. Averaged 9 touches, 4 marks and less than a goal a game. Played 25 games and we won 20 of them. Played the crucial 3rd tall that opened things up for others.. Yet also stepped up and kicked a few in the odd game.. (Gf 😎) that is what Todd is doing right now, his time will come where he will be the main key forward, but that's a couple of years away when he develops his upper body / core strength. Right now, he is a role player up forward for us.

Geez AJ, did he mark the ball ???
Billy marked it on his chest about 4-5m to AJ's left. Umpire paid a free against him as didnt even touch the ball.

Yup!
There’s nothing wrong with people wanting Marshall to do well, but if Dixon had a similar game on Friday he’d be crucified.
Dixon is 4cm taller, 20 kilos heavier, 9 years older, 120 games more experienced, and paid 3-5x more. I think it is reasonable to have different levels of expectation for Dixon v Marshall.

Butters only had 13 disposals coming off the half forward flank. If Boak had that sort of game he'd be crucified!

Carn.

Frampton is a ready made forward. We need to get as many games into him as possible so that we are set up for the finals. Wasting him in the sanfl graveyard does not do him or the club any favour. He is it a ruckman.

If Hinkley can't or won't pick both Marshall and Frampton, then I am quite happy for them both to compete for the same tall forward position.

At the moment Frampton is demanding a role, while Marshall was average on Friday.

Having said that Hinkley would surprise by changing any winning team, other than mandatory injury changes.

Marshall gets another week to prove himself.

Dixon is 4cm taller, 20 kilos heavier, 9 years older, 120 games more experienced, and paid 3-5x more. I think it is reasonable to have different levels of expectation for Dixon v Marshall.

Butters only had 13 disposals coming off the half forward flank. If Boak had that sort of game he'd be crucified!

Carn.
However, on Dixon's performance last year, there's no evidence that he would have done any better than Marshall did.

40746181583_4a270b9135_c.jpg

Mine, from another angle.

2019 SANFL Rd5 Magpies v Eagles Pics 049.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back