Your Game of the Year for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had a pretty slow year on buying new games this year.

1. Mass Effect 3

2. Assasins Creed 3

3. Sleeping Dogs

4. To The Moon

5. Kingdom of Amalur - Reckoning.

I'm planning on buying Dishonored, Xcom and Far cry 3 next week.

I have missed a lot of games this year (took on an adult apprenticeship so dont have the same amount of money I used to) BUT

Trials Evolution would be bloody close for me.
Mass Effect 3 was good, didnt mind the ending that much, loved the journey.

Damn, I forgot to mention Max Payne 3, and even though I nearly forgot it was still a very, very good game.

Also getting Spec Ops: The Line tomorrow, have heard so much about it and most seem to talk highly of it, so will be proud to add it to my collection.

When I think about it, there have been so many great games this year, and I'm not talking about the usual (crappy) suspects like COD or Halo; I mean the gems like Dishonored, Binary Domain, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Journey, The Darkness 2, Catherine, Dragons Dogma, and even Hell Yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc, etc. So many others I fail to mention too, so it's been a very good year for gaming in general.

Have only played a couple of games this year...

1. Dayz Mod: One of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I included this as although it is a mod to ARMAII it still feels like a new game and is very unique. Can't wait for the standalone.

2. Hitman Aboslution: Again as I haven't played many games this year Hitman was a definite stand out.

Am still yet to try Assassins Creed III which I'm sure I will also thoroughly enjoy.

Have only played a couple of games this year...

1. Dayz Mod: One of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I included this as although it is a mod to ARMAII it still feels like a new game and is very unique. Can't wait for the standalone.

2. Hitman Aboslution: Again as I haven't played many games this year Hitman was a definite stand out.

Am still yet to try Assassins Creed III which I'm sure I will also thoroughly enjoy.

Also one of the best threads on this board. It was a pleasure just reading your exploits.

Haven't played heaps of titles this year... mainly sinking tonnes of time in to a few titles... I can only nominate 2 and a half titles:

1) Skyrim... was buggy but such a great game (my 1st Elder Scrolls title) and I poured in about 100+ hours.

2) Mass Effect 3... obvious ending moan, but it was an epic conclusion to a great series. Every mission just made my mouth drop and tied things together.

.5) Path Of Exile... it is still in Closed Beta... but it is everything Diablo 3 should have been and more. The best ARPG I have played out of all the Diablo series, Torchlight and Titan Quest.

Honourable mentions:

- Borderlands 2 was ok, but it didn't hold my interest.
- Black Ops 2... standard CoD stuff.
- Guild Wars 2... good quality F2P MMO, but perhaps that genre is aging now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Walking Dead
3. FTL: Faster Than Light
4. Borderlands 2
5. Spec Ops: The Line

Next 5 in no specific order:
- XCom: Enemy Unknown
- Dishonoured
- Darksiders 2
- To the Moon
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Havn't played, but want to:
- Far Cry 3. Waiting to find a decent price, won't pay the Australian tax on Steam and Ozgameshop is out of stock.
- Hitman Absolution
- Journey

Old games I played this year that could have been in this list:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Shadow of the Colossus
- 999: 9 Hours, 9 People, 9 Doors

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Walking Dead
3. FTL: Faster Than Light
4. Borderlands 2
5. Spec Ops: The Line

Next 5 in no specific order:
- XCom: Enemy Unknown
- Dishonoured
- Darksiders 2
- To the Moon
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Havn't played, but want to:
- Far Cry 3. Waiting to find a decent price, won't pay the Australian tax on Steam and Ozgameshop is out of stock.
- Hitman Absolution
- Journey

Old games I played this year that could have been in this list:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Shadow of the Colossus
- 999: 9 Hours, 9 People, 9 Doors

damn, you have some great taste. shame you have mass effect 3 as number 1 though. this list really does prove pc > ps3.

damn, you have some great taste. shame you have mass effect 3 as number 1 though. this list really does prove pc > ps3.

One posters opinion proves that?

Maybe we should do a poll on here and see who wins then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back