Your Game of the Year for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

DRYOv.gif

There could not have been an anymore perfectly nailed song for a mission last year.

And it's ******* Skrillex! Although one of the least Skrillex, Skrillex songs.

Everytime I hear it, I want to jump back into that mission and the game.

As much as Beck's 'Cities' was phenomenal at complementing the level in Sound Shapes, this one just worked to a level that you wouldn't even expect it to.

literally burst out laughing at this!

what a gif bwahaha

Yeah the Larry David gif has been the highlight of my day.

Cory any chance you have a gif of Larry's reaction when he drives Susie around in the "dildo" chair from last season?

Thinking about all the games I started and never finished, Far Cry 3 is the one that has me thinking about what I've missed.

XCOM is my GoTY 2012. I didn't finish it though.

Edit: Credit to Sleeping Dogs.

1. Mass Effect 3 - Criticisms aside, this had epic scale, exceptional characters, an amazing score and an enthralling story. Probably the best game I've ever played, despite the ambiguous conclusion.
2. The Walking Dead - Wasn't expecting a click and point game to take a hold of me like this. Gripping plot, and got better with every episode. Was moved to the point of tears at the end of Ep 5.
3. Borderlands 2 - Pure fun from start to finish (disappointed I hadn't played B1 before hand). Looked amazing, and I was really impressed with the writing - clearly the funniest game of the year too. And those GUNS!!!
4. Black Ops 2 - I'll always buy the yearly COD release, and this one didn't disappoint. Alternative endings will ensure multiple play-throughs too. This time around, I actually feel like I have a chance in multiplayer lobbies which was a welcome surprise. Would love to see a future COD title return to a WWI/WWII setting.
5. Assassin's Creed 3 - While a really polished game, I felt let down by this one because I enjoyed AC2 better. Surprised the ending hasn't copped more criticism tbh. Could be displaced from my top five if I can think of another.

Mass Effect 3 & The Walking Dead the clear leaders in 2012 for mine. Up until a couple of years ago, I underrated the ability of video games when it came to taking you on an emotional journey - but I really felt that at different stages with these titles.

If the last month has shown me anything though, it's that I must add FC3 & Hitman to my library.

Shattered I missed out on DayZ too. Looked a ton of fun in Seananners' videos.

Gametrailers Game of the Year Award video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/full-ep...lers-game-of-the-year-awards-game-of-the-year

Interesting choice. All of the nominees except Journey would've been great choices in my opinion.

Also really gotta laugh at the complete idiots in the comments, it's like that for all their award videos there. That site really is full of *******s.
Blops 2 and AC3? Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Journey destroyed those two.

Hell, I thought that the majority of a game had to work in order to get in there, would eliminate Blops 2 fairly friggen fast. Absolutely superb campaign, but completely borked 2/3rds of the rest of the game.

Now that I am done with The Walking Dead, my results for the year 2012 of gaming, have changed.

Top 5 stays the same. But others get bumped.
GOTY. Far Cry 3
2. Hitman: Absolution
3. The Darkness 2
4. Journey
5. Borderlands 2
6. The Walking Dead - What a fantastic title. Emotional, gut wrenching and ultimately devastating. But still managing to be a supremely satisfying game. There's not a whole lot of 'game' going on and definitely as the episodes went on the 'game' gave way to the story, but what a story it was. Each episode felt unique amongst itself, but told an overall story that I will never forget in gaming. Definitely the best 'story' all year and I am really looking forward to the 2nd Season. Hopefully this time we get it day and date with the rest of the world.
7. FIFA 13
8. Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
9. Max Payne 3
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

top10 for me -
1. Dishonored
2. The Walking Dead
3. Borderlands 2
4. Spec ops: the line
5. Journey
6. Mass effect 3
7. AC3
8. Darksiders 2
9. NBA 2k13
10. Torchlight 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many "great games" I haven't played yet...Im a Fifa fan and pump heaps of time into fifa 13, but my favourite would have to be Xcom...Absoulte stellar remake of the best turn base game series of all time!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back