muttweed

Cancelled
May 28, 2011
Western VIC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Josh Caddy
Don't get me wrong, I love all of our boys. But if there's one I'm very picky about, it's Stokesy.

He just never came across as an interesting person and has never been a standout player. The drugs didn't exactly help his case. I love him and will stick up for him but he's probably the one I like the least.

Second least favourite is Gillies. He's not too good or exciting as a player and he DIVES and STAGES a lot in the twos. I hate that stuff, Cats player or not. He will improve in time, and Hawthorn wanting him says something, but I've never been a huge fan of his tbh.

Yours? Discuss.

After the happiness this club has provided me there is no player on the list that i do not appreciate. We have proved time and time again that our strength is that we do not rely on any individuals to win us games of football and that is because every player on our list pushes each other to the top of that mountain. Whilst some players can frustrate from time to time i will cheer just as loudly for Joel Selwood as i do Josh Walker

Leigh Colbert

I don't hate Leigh Colbert for two reasons.

1) The senior players at the club basically forced his hand to leave because they couldn't deal with a player so young captaining the Cats. Typical of the stupid culture we had in the past.

2) The compensation we got in return was more than adequate.

Do we really need such a negetive thread given the joy this squad of players has given us.

If the Geelong board was all about positivity, why would there be a "roast" prefix?

I am all for optimism and I hate when people disrespect our team, but there is nothing wrong with having a player you're a little picky about.

Ray Sterrett - nothing he did only for the fact that I made the bold prediction that he would one day win a Brownlow to my mates. Didn't quite pan out that way...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if serious one of my all time favorite players and good bloke, take no notice of what you see on tv.

Am actually a big fan of him on TV.
Makes The Footy Show what it is and says what everyone else is thinking and too scared to say.

And I reckon he secretly loves the club to bits.

I don't hate Leigh Colbert for two reasons.

1) The senior players at the club basically forced his hand to leave because they couldn't deal with a player so young captaining the Cats. Typical of the stupid culture we had in the past.

2) The compensation we got in return was more than adequate.

Totally agree. Excellent 2 points

serious. can only judge the complete w***er he presents to me in the media

you must be so young, feel sorry for you, Sam would be in my top 5 ever at Geelong, this is about PLAYERS, and clearly you can not make that call if you've never seen him PLAY. A true champion.

you must be so young, feel sorry for you, Sam would be in my top 5 ever at Geelong, this is about PLAYERS, and clearly you can not make that call if you've never seen him PLAY. A true champion.

Can't really remember him playing (I was nearly five when he hit the 300 and retired in 1980 I think) but s**t players simply DON'T reach 300 games. Especially at Geelong, where only Ian Nankervis played more games (325).

Varcoe :D:D

PS: Not big on negative threads like this, but I wasn't a fan of Mark Jackson. He was so.......un-Geelong.

PPS: You can justify all you want, but Colbert rates zero with me. The compensation made up for it in the long run, but his actions at that time in Geelong's history were reprehensible IMO.

Justin Murphy. /thread.

Then again I can't actually remember him playing for the Cats..

Brent Grgic.

Saw him play a great game for Demons once, and saw him kick a great long range goal at KP once.

If we are going back in history, David Loats was a very unfortunate recruit for us, as was Tim Hargraves. But I agree with some , this is not edifying stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back